Forums - Movies Discussion - Weekly poll: Jaws, Jurassic Park or ET the Etra-terrestrial?

Jaws, Jurassic Park or ET the Etra-terrestrial?

Jaws 23 27.71%

Jurassic Park 46 55.42%

E.T 12 14.46%

Total:81

E.T for the Atari

No but seriously Jurassic Park

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Either E.T or Jaws. All Jurassic Parks were shit.

Slimebeast said:

Grab the pitchforks!

Jurassic Park

Jaws is enjoyable and I could never get into E.T.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

pezus said:
Slimebeast said:

Grab the pitchforks!

Shun the nonbeliever!

Around the Network

Jurassic park is number three in my list of best movies ever. As a child I was dinosaurs fan (dino riders, dinosaur soap, dinosaurs cartoon from steven spielber and ofcourse saving money to buy every week a piece of a T-rex skeleton).   Also the 'You have got a T-rex scene?' still gives me goosebumps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJlmYh27MHg&feature=related

And oh btw,  I still think the book is better though =p. 

Jaws (or Jaw'd, how Larry Siegel/Mort Drucker called it on their great MAD film spoof).

Love that movie and the performances from Scheider/Dreyfuss/Shaw.

Pretty easy one for me, going with the general consensus I am saying Jurassic Park. I recognise Jaws as a great film but it's not my kind of film, and while E.T. is enjoyable I don't believe it is worth the kind of praise it gets.

pezus said:
I expect Jurassic Park to win this easily.

It's got the most effects, by far the weakest script, uneven characterisation and relies on extended action seqences.  It does have great dinosaurs.

Jaws and ET are two well written films marked by unusually deep characterization and performances for their respective genres and are both far better films overall.

Yup.  Jurrasic Park will win.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Jurassic Park by a million miles.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius