By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Brothers 4 - What are your Ideas? Gravity? Flying?

theARTIST0017 said:
kitler53 said:
Mr Khan said:
A2B24R246 said:
oniyide said:

OT -- i really like your gravity idea.  I could totally see a stage with 3 or so small planets that you could use gravity to get from one to another.  might be hard to navigate though.  and then being able to range gravity form 1 to 10 is also great.  i liked those kind of options.  my friends and i often played with the damage ratio way up for one-hit-kills.

Thanks! I like those ooptions too. Melees sudden death option was too fun!

One way for it to work is have a stage like the one on SMG2 with Black Holes: It could be a 2D stage with planets/black holes or it could even be a 3D stage with a black hole as the core of the planet. I can see this happen in multiplayer specially because we can look at one angle of the planet while the other player could be on a complete opposite side of the planet. It'll be hectic as all hell! Sudden death!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
@ Mickey mouse

That would be fine. But as we have seen with Mario 2D 3DS Nintendo seems to be pushing hard now! May not be that long.

o.o you're right! who's to say they couldn't just double up the teams? They should be used to this now with Project Sora and all, I'm liking the new Nintendo!

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

PSwii60 said:
theARTIST0017 said:
kitler53 said:
Mr Khan said:
A2B24R246 said:
oniyide said:

OT -- i really like your gravity idea.  I could totally see a stage with 3 or so small planets that you could use gravity to get from one to another.  might be hard to navigate though.  and then being able to range gravity form 1 to 10 is also great.  i liked those kind of options.  my friends and i often played with the damage ratio way up for one-hit-kills.

Thanks! I like those ooptions too. Melees sudden death option was too fun!

One way for it to work is have a stage like the one on SMG2 with Black Holes: It could be a 2D stage with planets/black holes or it could even be a 3D stage with a black hole as the core of the planet. I can see this happen in multiplayer specially because we can look at one angle of the planet while the other player could be on a complete opposite side of the planet. It'll be hectic as all hell! Sudden death!

O.O DUDE!! You just made me think of a new idea for a game match. 

So you know how they have the different modes like Stamina and such, well, there could be a stage, similar to the one you were describing or Or just a huge planet stage. As a matter of fact let it just be a huge planet stage.

The game mode will be called "Black Hole". Objective - Force your oponent into the black hole. On the outside of the big round plantet gravity will pull you towards the center of the planet (if physics is involved, the closer you are to the center, the stronger the attraction because of the mass). Get kicked or thrown out of the gravity's pull, you'll float into space and die.

On the inside of the planet, is the black hole in the center. There will be platforms to climb back up, but if the opponent knocks you in hard enough you'll be sucked into the black hole and die. GENIUS!

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

who's good with olimar and meda night? i think they fucked medanight up with the fighting style they gave him, and he's weak.

theARTIST0017 said:
thekitchensink said:
I'd love to see a 'close combat' system like the one in Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe--one of the few things that game got right.

Is that where the camera zooms?

The camera zooms in, and the two characters grapple.  The one who initiated it presses an attack button, and the defender has to try and press the same button.  If the defender doesn't press the same button, the attack goes through, but if they DO, then they reverse the attack and THEY become the attacker.  It's pretty brutal, and I think it would work nicely with Smash Bros.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
who's good with olimar and meda night? i think they fucked medanight up with the fighting style they gave him, and he's weak.

Olimar is admittedly difficult to use becasue you must pay attention at all times. Metaknight is not necessarily weak, he just has a short range. But he's fairly fast!

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

theARTIST0017 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Olimar is admittedly difficult to use becasue you must pay attention at all times. Metaknight is not necessarily weak, he just has a short range. But he's fairly fast!

i like playing with medaknight, but i can't get much done with him. i tested him against Yoshi for the pass few yr.'s and yoshi continues to hand him his ass.

Olimar i won't even bother with. i dont have the time it takes to work with him.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
theARTIST0017 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

i like playing with medaknight, but i can't get much done with him. i tested him against Yoshi for the pass few yr.'s and yoshi continues to hand him his ass.

Olimar i won't even bother with. i dont have the time it takes to work with him.

really? Yoshi? Idk I can whoop Yoshi with Metaknight anyday. My mains are Fox, Link, & Samus

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Guns and a racoon tail.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

I have no opinion of Lucario, but Snake I use myself and Olimar my brother uses and we both do really well with them, not to mention they are both fairly high up on tier list

yea my brother can play perfectly well with Lucario, and my brother inlaw, can play perfectly well with snake and sonic, but i've never met anyone that can play with Olimar

Donkeykong is balanced perfectly as is Gannondorf. if anything gannondorf is to slow. captainfalcon is perfecly useless, as is ivysaur and pikachu.

link use to be good, but now he sucks, as does Luigi, peach, samus, toon link, and diddykong. don't get me started on marth. he's a complete waste of space.

You have some pretty wild views on Brawl characters. Pikachu is far from useless (he's my second char after Peach). Link was never good, his recovery sucks, that's a huge disadvantage. Luigi, Peach and Toon Link are good characters but not top tier. Diddy Kong is one of the best characters around (he's also my third char) rivaling Snake for second best (MetaKnight being the undisputed top character).

Signature goes here!