By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Brothers 4 - What are your Ideas? Gravity? Flying?

The time is closing in. Wii U rumors are coming in hot off the shelves as we refresh our pages awaiting the latest ones. But as the time goes by, we rarely talk about the stuff that we already know about, or perhaps, don't know about. Super Smash Brothers 4 (lets call it that for now). This could very well be the most heavily anticipated Wii U game right now, I think. It has a lot of gaps to fill. It has a lot of fixing to do. And some changes are to be made. Sakurai said himself that he was going to do something different this time. Fix what's not broken, and you're in for disaster but add to whats already perfect, and its a bonus. So this thread is to talk about the possible new ideas, and what you would like to see in the next Smash outing specifically for Wii U and to a lesser extent, the 3DS.

These are some of my ideas!

1. Gravity

How cool would it be to have levels from Mario Galaxy? Wait, with the gravity? Of course you're probably thinking, well that won't work, the gravity will keep us from dying. But it doesn't have to! For example, the small rounded planets can be a stage. If you get knocked out of the gravities influence, you will fall into space and lose a life, just like normal! Ah, now that idea lights it up right? Another idea could be gravity as an option to turn on/off on all stages and a scale from 1-10 on how strong the gravity is. I really hope Nintendo adds this option in. What do you guys think?

2. Flying (Groundless Levels)

What? This would never work right? Well, why not? In this kind of stage the characters would have "infinite jumps" to prevent from falling. Of course they would be able to jump their way back but if you knock them hard enough they will fall. Items could fall and hit the players to quicken the process. This idea I'm still hazy on, but I know Sakurai is up to something.

What are your ideas? Also I want to know what you guys/gals think should be changed/kept in the single player mode. Multiplayer mode. Do you think Gamecube controller compatibility is necessary (like I do)? What is the maximum amount of characters before it's too many? Your thoughts on 3rd party characters. Graphics. Mewtwo (He needs to come back!) 

Lets discuss ready, go go gooo!!!!

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network

how about an online system that isnt a total piece of crap

oniyide said:

^ this + characters that aren't totally worthless (gannondorf and Donkey Kong) or ridiculously Over Powered (looking at you meta knight)

How about board the platforms? and the classic targets for every character?

It's main focus will be about the Wii U controller, so I'd say "Invisibility". Nintendo will now make the game of Marco Polo to the next level!

Around the Network

How about a back-to-the-basics where each hit had a real meaning and felt like a real comic book "pow" and knockback from the original game?

I miss those days.

I have a couple of groundbreaking ideas:

1. Good online (as mentinoed before)

2. Less like Halo and more like melee

Should be good if those two things are satisfied... That is, if they don't screw some other aspect up.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

A2B24R246 said:
oniyide said:

^ this + characters that aren't totally worthless (gannondorf and Donkey Kong) or ridiculously Over Powered (looking at you meta knight)

Olimar, Snake, and Lucario are the useless ones. Ganondorf and DK are quite good.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
A2B24R246 said:
oniyide said:

Olimar, Snake, and Lucario are the useless ones. Ganondorf and DK are quite good.

lol you're one funny guy

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

DepthAlly said:
Mr Khan said:
A2B24R246 said:
oniyide said:

lol you're one funny guy

Lucario i'll admit is pure personal bias (i can't use him at all), but the other two are more legitimate arguments. Aside from a highly broken final smash, what does Olimar offer, and what does Snake offer period?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.