By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Brothers 4 - What are your Ideas? Gravity? Flying?

thekitchensink said:
I'd love to see a 'close combat' system like the one in Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe--one of the few things that game got right.

Is that where the camera zooms?

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:

Mii (Many Wii/3DS games):

Appearance based off the Mii associated with the profile one is playing on. Attacks will be from a variety of mii using games, such as baseball bats from Wii Sports. I'm not sure of a final smash, but one idea is having the stage swarm with other Mii's, but that's quite similar to Dedede's current Final smash.

Or you could just fight all the Miis on your system when playing in endless mode and 3,5,15 minute melee.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

blood.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

oniyide said:
how about an online system that isnt a total piece of crap

For once I agree with you 100%.

The online in SSBB ruined an otherwise great game.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Mr Khan said:
A2B24R246 said:
oniyide said:

^ this + characters that aren't totally worthless (gannondorf and Donkey Kong) or ridiculously Over Powered (looking at you meta knight)

Olimar, Snake, and Lucario are the useless ones. Ganondorf and DK are quite good.

i'm going to have to agree to disagree with you here.  olimar was in my top 3 favorites.

OT -- i really like your gravity idea.  I could totally see a stage with 3 or so small planets that you could use gravity to get from one to another.  might be hard to navigate though.  and then being able to range gravity form 1 to 10 is also great.  i liked those kind of options.  my friends and i often played with the damage ratio way up for one-hit-kills.

Around the Network
theARTIST0017 said:
PSwii60 said:

I think this will be the game to touch base and showcase all the different kinds of fun.

-Obviously more characters (more 3rd party); and also more characters in game than just 4
-Ability to combine Power-Ups
-Mini-Games
-More than one finishing move (I swear, some of them are useless in Brawl)
-More in-depth campaign mode, touch base with each characters' world, (Speed = Sonic, Exploration = Link, etc)
-Extensive online; even to showcase the MMO aspect of single player mode,

-Even Achievement/Trophy system

The things that I agree with are More characters and mini games, and more in depth campaign.

As for 3rd parties they should limit the number to about 5

Finishing moves? I'm confused. You mean the smash ball?

Extensive online, depends, they could do like who can board the platforms fastest or break the targets faster, and obviosly make it have 0 lag

Yeah, I meant the Final Smash. I don't like Luigi's Negative Zone, Donkey Kong's Konga Beat, Zero Suit Samus' Power Suit Samus. Maybe I just don't like them.

Jumpin said:
blood.

haha, maybe that should be a downloadable option from a hack, but otherwise, this woulc cause controversy :P

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

spurgeonryan said:
Tablet, classic controller and wii mote are there to help. They made kid Icarus work!

True. But then we'll have to wait twice as long for the game to develop grr

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

kitler53 said:
Mr Khan said:
A2B24R246 said:
oniyide said:

^ this + characters that aren't totally worthless (gannondorf and Donkey Kong) or ridiculously Over Powered (looking at you meta knight)

Olimar, Snake, and Lucario are the useless ones. Ganondorf and DK are quite good.

i'm going to have to agree to disagree with you here.  olimar was in my top 3 favorites.

OT -- i really like your gravity idea.  I could totally see a stage with 3 or so small planets that you could use gravity to get from one to another.  might be hard to navigate though.  and then being able to range gravity form 1 to 10 is also great.  i liked those kind of options.  my friends and i often played with the damage ratio way up for one-hit-kills.

Thanks! I like those ooptions too. Melees sudden death option was too fun!

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Bring back everyone from Melee and Brawl, plus at least 10 new characters.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)