By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Brothers 4 - What are your Ideas? Gravity? Flying?

I think this will be the game to touch base and showcase all the different kinds of fun.

-Obviously more characters (more 3rd party); and also more characters in game than just 4
-Ability to combine Power-Ups
-Mini-Games
-More than one finishing move (I swear, some of them are useless in Brawl)
-More in-depth campaign mode, touch base with each characters' world, (Speed = Sonic, Exploration = Link, etc)
-Extensive online; even to showcase the MMO aspect of single player mode,

-Even Achievement/Trophy system

Around the Network

I'd be happy if the gameplay gets faster like the one in Melee. Oh, and No Smash Ball!!

Online tournaments would be really sweet. You wouldn't have to sit and wait through every single game as each match per round could be made at the same time! Throw in a ranking system, team matches (even 3v3 matches wouldn't be too much if the map is big) and lots of online features and you'd have one epic fighting game!

Mr Khan said:
DepthAlly said:
Mr Khan said:
A2B24R246 said:
oniyide said:
how about an online system that isnt a total piece of crap

^ this + characters that aren't totally worthless (gannondorf and Donkey Kong) or ridiculously Over Powered (looking at you meta knight)

Olimar, Snake, and Lucario are the useless ones. Ganondorf and DK are quite good.

lol you're one funny guy

Lucario i'll admit is pure personal bias (i can't use him at all), but the other two are more legitimate arguments. Aside from a highly broken final smash, what does Olimar offer, and what does Snake offer period?

Ive seen quite a few of my friends own with Snake, what is really useless is the pallette swapped characters. WTF do we need Fox, Falco AND Wolf. Do we really need Ness and that other guy?? I thought that crap stopped with MvsC2

the AI is total BS???? i can't believe i'm still playing this game. the AI characters have this, i out smarted you thing going on for a good 5 minutes, then all of a sudden you can easily kick there asses and die a BS death!!!!!!!

what kind of shit is that!!!!

and then the person that dies 7 times in a row first gets a special braw ability? and don't forget about playing on puny. yea you can kick ass easily until the bastard AI gets down to its last 2-3 lives, then all of a suddenly your ass is being kicked.

fix the AI/glitches first. why in gods name is SSB on N64 AI smarter then consoles that's like 10-15 yr.'s older/more advanced(?) i'll never understand.

any suggestions for new characters?

Mr Khan said:
DepthAlly said:
Mr Khan said:
A2B24R246 said:
oniyide said:

^ this + characters that aren't totally worthless (gannondorf and Donkey Kong) or ridiculously Over Powered (looking at you meta knight)

Olimar, Snake, and Lucario are the useless ones. Ganondorf and DK are quite good.

lol you're one funny guy

Lucario i'll admit is pure personal bias (i can't use him at all), but the other two are more legitimate arguments. Aside from a highly broken final smash, what does Olimar offer, and what does Snake offer period?

I have no opinion of Lucario, but Snake I use myself and Olimar my brother uses and we both do really well with them, not to mention they are both fairly high up on the tier list.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

the AI is total BS???? i can't believe i'm still playing this game. the AI characters have this, i out smarted you thing going on for a good 5 minutes, then all of a sudden you can easily kick there asses and die a BS death!!!!!!!

and then the person that dies 7 times in a row first gets a special braw ability? and don't forget about playing on puny. yea you can kick ass easily until the bastard AI gets down to its last 2-3 lives, then all of a suddenly your ass is being kicked.

fix the AI/glitches first. why in gods name is SSB on N64 AI smarter then consoles that's like 10-15 yr.'s older/more advanced(?) i'll never understand.

I've never encountered any of the issues you speak of. I personally love the level 9 AI, and generally find it a blast to play with a friend against two level 9 AIs.

As for being on topic, I'd really love a return to the melee version of handicap. Starting with a high percentage every life just isn't the same as being far easier to knock off the stage.

DepthAlly said:
Mr Khan said:

I have no opinion of Lucario, but Snake I use myself and Olimar my brother uses and we both do really well with them, not to mention they are both fairly high up on the tier list.

My preferences run quite independent of the tier list (i did use Kirby as my number one main through the Melee era, after all), i just see the styles of Snake and Olimar as too incongruous with the game itself.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
DepthAlly said:
Mr Khan said:

My preferences run quite independent of the tier list (i did use Kirby as my number one main through the Melee era, after all), i just see the styles of Snake and Olimar as too incongruous with the game itself.

Fair enough, but they really are quite good.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Pineapple said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

I've never encountered any of the issues you speak of. I personally love the level 9 AI, and generally find it a blast to play with a friend against two level 9 AIs.

As for being on topic, I'd really love a return to the melee version of handicap. Starting with a high percentage every life just isn't the same as being far easier to knock off the stage.

really!!!!! you're kidding right????? i may suck with medinight, but i'm not that bad with him. loosing to Yoshi is embarrassing.

Mr Khan said:
DepthAlly said:
Mr Khan said:
A2B24R246 said:
oniyide said:

lol you're one funny guy

I have no opinion of Lucario, but Snake I use myself and Olimar my brother uses and we both do really well with them, not to mention they are both fairly high up on tier list

yea my brother can play perfectly well with Lucario, and my brother inlaw, can play perfectly well with snake and sonic, but i've never met anyone that can play with Olimar

Donkeykong is balanced perfectly as is Gannondorf. if anything gannondorf is to slow. captainfalcon is perfecly useless, as is ivysaur and pikachu.

link use to be good, but now he sucks, as does Luigi, peach, samus, toon link, and diddykong. don't get me started on marth. he's a complete waste of space.

I'll focus on characters and stages in my post. I think the cut-off for inclusion in Brawl was the start of 2007 (just over a year before Brawl's release), meaning any game released in 2007 was not represented in Brawl; the most recent games referenced were iirc Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (September 2006) and Twilight Princess (November 2006). I personally think that SSB4 will release in the first half of 2014 and therefore I am predicting the release cut-off for conclusion will exclude any games not currently announced; ie we will probably recognise all the stages and characters included. That said, I would love to see:

Stages:

Dark Aether (Metroid Prime 2):

This stage will make use of the light crystals and poisonous atmosphere found in Metroid Prime 2. If players are outside the range of the light crystals, they will lose health due to the poison in the air. Some of the light crystals are permanent, others will last only a short time and can be re-activated by an attack.

A Super Mario Galaxy themed stage (Super Mario Galaxies 1 and/or 2):

This stage will have two or three planets, each with their own gravitational field. These will therefore essentially be three circular platforms. Maybe a black hole could also appear, acting as a hazard.

Wuhu Island (Wii Sports Resort, Mario Kart 7 and Pilotwings 3DS):

I would imagine this stage being similar in style to Brawl's Isle Defino stage. A moving platform taking the players to various locations around the island. These can include at least one from each of the above games.

Characters:

Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles):

Most attacks are done using the Monado. Final Smash could be the cyclone monado talent arte, which damages other players in close proximity and topples them, pushing them to the ground and rendering them immobile for about 15 seconds.

Zael/Elza (The Last Story):

Most attacks will be using his sword, with maybe side special attack being a horizontal shot from his crossbow. Down special could potentially be his 'gale' skill, damaging other players and unequiping them of hold items. Final smash could be his 'accelerate' skill, making Zael/Elza considerably faster for a period of time.

Mii (Many Wii/3DS games):

Appearance based off the Mii associated with the profile one is playing on. Attacks will be from a variety of mii using games, such as baseball bats from Wii Sports. I'm not sure of a final smash, but one idea is having the stage swarm with other Mii's, but that's quite similar to Dedede's current Final smash.