By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The official 2012 NBA Playoffs - Miami wins it all!

How does this make you feel?

Happy 1 11.11%

Glad 0 0%

ok 0 0%

meh 2 22.22%

upset 0 0%

fucking pissed 2 22.22%

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! 1 11.11%

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! Greast thing EVA!!! 1 11.11%

Its a secret to everybody. 1 11.11%

see dirty insides 1 11.11%

Total:9
chris212223 said:
Tayne said:
Yes! Go Thunder! Durant on Kobe equals shutdown city. Bynum was clearly tired at the end and Pau was contained. Hopefully this can get closed out Monday night.

They shouldve passed it more to Bynum and as a Lakers fan it pisses me off when Kobe just gets into his "Im superman" mode and takes tough ass jumpers when the defender is all in there. I mean i know if anyone has a good chance at making those its him but its not worth it when you could create better shots for your teammates.

Did you watch the 4th quarter? Andrew Bynum was not even trying at the low post because he was exhausted. In almost every play he was letting Perkins OR Collison (yeah, Collison) front him and he wasn't even fighting for a post position. Pau Gasol was being his usual soft and unagressive self, but this time he was missing open jumpers too. You can't blame Kobe when his 2nd and 3rd best teammates are playing so passively and not being agressive towards the ball. It seems like Kobe and World Peace were the only ones who still cared about winning at the end.

I have a strong feeling that the Lakers are gonna trade Gasol at the end of  this season (which will be Monday when OKC beats them). They might even make a coaching change, though I think they should give Brown a shot at coaching a proper season. This type of play by the Lakers is just... uncharacteristic for the franchise. Big changes will be occurring in the next couple years.

Around the Network

today might be the most important game for Miami this season.

Cirio said:
chris212223 said:
Tayne said:
Yes! Go Thunder! Durant on Kobe equals shutdown city. Bynum was clearly tired at the end and Pau was contained. Hopefully this can get closed out Monday night.

They shouldve passed it more to Bynum and as a Lakers fan it pisses me off when Kobe just gets into his "Im superman" mode and takes tough ass jumpers when the defender is all in there. I mean i know if anyone has a good chance at making those its him but its not worth it when you could create better shots for your teammates.

Did you watch the 4th quarter? Andrew Bynum was not even trying at the low post because he was exhausted. In almost every play he was letting Perkins OR Collison (yeah, Collison) front him and he wasn't even fighting for a post position. Pau Gasol was being his usual soft and unagressive self, but this time he was missing open jumpers too. You can't blame Kobe when his 2nd and 3rd best teammates are playing so passively and not being agressive towards the ball. It seems like Kobe and World Peace were the only ones who still cared about winning at the end.

I have a strong feeling that the Lakers are gonna trade Gasol at the end of  this season (which will be Monday when OKC beats them). They might even make a coaching change, though I think they should give Brown a shot at coaching a proper season. This type of play by the Lakers is just... uncharacteristic for the franchise. Big changes will be occurring in the next couple years.

Hmm i didnt notice Bynum being tired (too annoyed with kobe i guess at the time lol). Yeah i do agree with you about Gasol though. He had an open shot near the end of the game where he could've either shot it off the glass or drove it in and drawn a foul but what did he do instead? He tried to kick it back out and the pass got intercepted by Durant. He hasn't been good this postseason and the samething happened to him last year as a matter of fact when they got swept by the Mavs. I would keep Mike Brown too.

superchunk said:
I don't know about the rest of you... but as far as I'm concerned the real NBA playoff Finals will be the Western Conference Finals. Spurs and Thunder are simply the best two teams still standing in this season's league. Heat and Bulls both had it as well before injuries, but in the end the WCFinal will be the best series to watch. The actual finals will be a blow out.

Definitely. After watching that Spurs-Clippers game yesterday and watching the way they took away that 24-point deficit its clear that they are the deepest team. 

Exciting game tomorrow in Boston. Maybe the Sixers can manage an upset, but they won't get anywhere against the Heat, and I doubt the Celtics would, either. ....Go Indiana!

Around the Network

Nice win by the Spurs first team in the semi finals.

Nice officiating in the Pacer / Heat game yesterday...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

I sense sarcasm... what did I miss?

superchunk said:
amp316 said:

A badly officiated game.  The outcome was determined before the game started.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
superchunk said:
amp316 said:

A badly officiated game.  The outcome was determined before the game started.

So, the Pacers should have won?