By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The official 2012 NBA Playoffs - Miami wins it all!

How does this make you feel?

Happy 1 11.11%

Glad 0 0%

ok 0 0%

meh 2 22.22%

upset 0 0%

fucking pissed 2 22.22%

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! 1 11.11%

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! Greast thing EVA!!! 1 11.11%

Its a secret to everybody. 1 11.11%

see dirty insides 1 11.11%

Total:9
superchunk said:
amp316 said:
superchunk said:
amp316 said:
Nice officiating in the Pacer / Heat game yesterday...

I sense sarcasm... what did I miss?

A badly officiated game.  The outcome was determined before the game started.

So, the Pacers should have won?

Remember the Bulls  / Heat games in the 4th last year?  It was like that in the third quarter.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Missed this thread in my daily chartz perusing... shame as I love basketball.

So what to say now: my Spurs are rolling, I haven't seen them playing this confident in a long time. From the last 8 playoff games I'd point out two weak points on the Spurs: 1) they are susceptible to a really hot shooting team (who isn't) and 2) free-throw shooting at end of game isn't as solid as it could be. Otherwise, Spurs look crisp - I like our chances.

I think an OKC-Spurs WCF should be incredibly entertaining.

To Bulls/Heat fans - sucks the injuries that happened to both your teams. A healthy Bulls or Heat team could represent the Eastern Conference well. With those two injuries, the Eastern conference is a roll of the dice, I think Pacers, Heat, or Celtics could take it. No offense 76'er fans, I just don't think they can beat Celtics AND still have enough left to beat Pacers or Heat.

Any team out of the East now would be the underdog vs the Spurs/OKC though.

TRios_Zen said:
Missed this thread in my daily chartz perusing... shame as I love basketball.

So what to say now: my Spurs are rolling, I haven't seen them playing this confident in a long time. From the last 8 playoff games I'd point out two weak points on the Spurs: 1) they are susceptible to a really hot shooting team (who isn't) and 2) free-throw shooting at end of game isn't as solid as it could be. Otherwise, Spurs look crisp - I like our chances.

I think an OKC-Spurs WCF should be incredibly entertaining.

To Bulls/Heat fans - sucks the injuries that happened to both your teams. A healthy Bulls or Heat team could represent the Eastern Conference well. With those two injuries, the Eastern conference is a roll of the dice, I think Pacers, Heat, or Celtics could take it. No offense 76'er fans, I just don't think they can beat Celtics AND still have enough left to beat Pacers or Heat.

Any team out of the East now would be the underdog vs the Spurs/OKC though.

Yeah, your sentiments are pretty much right on. I'd take it a little further and say, again, that unless Spurs/OKC suffer from an injury event like Heat/Bulls, the WCF will be the NBA Finals. There is no way Pacers/Celtics/injured Heat have a chance against either Spurs/OKC.

What really sucks is Bulls will be f'ed next season too due to Rose's injury. At least Heat can come back with a new coach.

superchunk said:
TRios_Zen said:

Yeah, your sentiments are pretty much right on. I'd take it a little further and say, again, that unless Spurs/OKC suffer from an injury event like Heat/Bulls, the WCF will be the NBA Finals. There is no way Pacers/Celtics/injured Heat have a chance against either Spurs/OKC.

What really sucks is Bulls will be f'ed next season too due to Rose's injury. At least Heat can come back with a new coach.

How long is Rose supposed to be out?  Could he possibly play next season at all, or is he gone till the following season?

TRios_Zen said:
superchunk said:
TRios_Zen said:

How long is Rose supposed to be out?  Could he possibly play next season at all, or is he gone till the following season?

Rehab from torn ACLs generally take 8-9 months though with proper physical therapy it could take 7 months. So he'll likely miss a big chunk of next season, then he'll have to get used to playing again and there's a risk he might not be as good (due to his knee being weaker).

Around the Network
TRios_Zen said:

Bulls PR said 8 to 12 mos. Pretty much all of next season.

superchunk said:
TRios_Zen said:

Bulls PR said 8 to 12 mos. Pretty much all of next season.

Every Spurs "repeat" season has been mared by some injury  going into playoffs (Duncan's foot in 2000, Ginoboli in 2004), but we have never been without the services of a player for basically the whole year since we lost Big D for most of the '96 season.  The Spurs "reward" for a terrible '96 season, was Timmy D in the '97 draft though, so I'm not complaining.

Good luck to your Bulls though, maybe your front office can make some moves to keep you competitive; then when Rose comes back - look out.

TRios_Zen said:

Every Spurs "repeat" season has been mared by some injury  going into playoffs (Duncan's foot in 2000, Ginoboli in 2004), but we have never been without the services of a player for basically the whole year since we lost Big D for most of the '96 season.  The Spurs "reward" for a terrible '96 season, was Timmy D in the '97 draft though, so I'm not complaining.

Good luck to your Bulls though, maybe your front office can make some moves to keep you competitive; then when Rose comes back - look out.

That's what I'm hoping for. I just read a report that Bulls will be looking for a 'star' for next season.

GG Lakers. Spurs and Thunder will be interesting...

The Lakers done you can put a fork in them they are not going to win another title for 10+ years. Go Thunder.