By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - 'The Avengers' is getting heroic reviews from critics!

pezus said:
Clash of the titans. Avengers or TDKR?

Geek hype is usually a good indicator and i've heard nothing but complaints for TDKR, from Bane's design to Anne Hathaway as cat woman. I'm sure both will be good though.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
So this hawkeye character and black panda played by Scarlet, how exactly do they fight against gods and alien robots and hulks and whatever else? They have no powers right? I have asked this before. So basically Iron Man and Thor send them to do the easy work, such as handling evil villains human henchmen. right?

This movie is looking great!

Same way Batman always beats Superman when they fight

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
spurgeonryan said:
thekitchensink said:
spurgeonryan said:
So this hawkeye character and black panda played by Scarlet, how exactly do they fight against gods and alien robots and hulks and whatever else? They have no powers right? I have asked this before. So basically Iron Man and Thor send them to do the easy work, such as handling evil villains human henchmen. right?

This movie is looking great!

Same way Batman always beats Superman when they fight

He fills his batmobile with Krptonite and drives it into him while he is taking a bathroom break?

For some reason I just envisaged a young Adam West and Christopher Reeves getting into silly slapstick scenarios accompanied by a laughtrack.

ugh... i still haven't seen hunger games... i need to get to the movies because i have to see avengers in the theater too.

pezus said:

If you meant a clash in terms of box office gross

Domestic (America) -- TDKR

Overseas -- The Amazing Spider-Man

*runs*

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

$1b Worlwide.
There..this year we'll have The Avengers,TDKR,and The Hobbit at over $1b WW.
The Amazing Spider-Man has a chance as well,if it gets good reviews.

pezus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
pezus said:

If you meant a clash in terms of box office gross

Domestic (America) -- TDKR

Overseas -- The Amazing Spider-Man

*runs*

Avengers gets nothing?? *Hulk smash*

I'm sure it'll win in some country in the world. 

pezus said:

The Avengers has absolutely no chance at beating TKDR in any way.Not for the opening weekend,not for the domestic gross,and very likely not in foreign gross.

If you combine the highest grossing Iron Man movie with the Thor movie,you get a little bit over what TKDR did back in 2008.And those two characters ( Iron Man and Thor ) are basically the single reasons why people will go to see this movie.

The foreign markets have expanded quite a bit since 2008,so that could easily mean a $200M increase over TDK.

But I guess it all comes down to if Nolan screws up and gets bad reviews or not.But I wouldn't count on that .

TDKR > DH2 ( WW ).

The Avengers isn't even nailed to beat THG at the moment. (Domestic of course)

pezus said:
TDKR > DH2 (WW)

Still your old self I see and still as mad as ever.

If my prediction turns out to be wrong,I'm willing to leave this site for good. Not that it would matter to many people,but it wouldn't be fun without a little bet on the line.