By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 release date!

Tagged games:

Are you buying on day one?

Yes 87 67.44%

No 12 9.30%

No, in the first week 2 1.55%

No, in the coming months 2 1.55%

No, after I read the reviews 2 1.55%

No, I don't like halo 17 13.18%

What is "halo"? 7 5.43%

Total:129
selnor said:

Hell yes.

Microsoft better be right in their statement. new era for hollywood blockbuster gaming.

I have to say, I have a funny feeling 343 has made an amazing game here both visually and gameplay wise. What will Bungie think if 343 make the best Halo yet?

Bring on November.

I think 343 will make a beter halo game than Bungie did with the last 2 :).

Around the Network

i was thinking about buying Cod but now no chance. Halo 4 FTW

pezus said:
selnor said:

Hell yes.

Microsoft better be right in their statement. new era for hollywood blockbuster gaming.

I have to say, I have a funny feeling 343 has made an amazing game here both visually and gameplay wise. What will Bungie think if 343 make the best Halo yet?

Bring on November.

Everything I've seen of it points to that not happening (CoDified multiplayer, attention on graphics, 343's track record compared to Bungie), but we'll see.

Really?

As a Halo fan, it looks to me like the SP through information has the potential to be the best yet. As for the multiplayer, I bet 343 have kept alot of original modes where level ups dont affect the power of a weapon etc. From what I understand you will still be able to play multiplayer without attachments effecting etc. Halo has always had more multiplayer modes than other console games, so adding in modes for weapon attachment use is just another notch in the belt.

Also what 343 track record do you refer to? Halo Anniversary was bloody amazing.

pezus said:
selnor said:
pezus said:
selnor said:

Hell yes.

Bring on November.

Everything I've seen of it points to that not happening (CoDified multiplayer, attention on graphics, 343's track record compared to Bungie), but we'll see.

Really?

As a Halo fan, it looks to me like the SP through information has the potential to be the best yet. As for the multiplayer, I bet 343 have kept alot of original modes where level ups dont affect the power of a weapon etc. From what I understand you will still be able to play multiplayer without attachments effecting etc. Halo has always had more multiplayer modes than other console games, so adding in modes for weapon attachment use is just another notch in the belt.

Also what 343 track record do you refer to? Halo Anniversary was bloody amazing.

Exactly

Ok I do see your point now. But Im not worried. The main names from Bungie that know Halo are at 343, the good bit is the rest of the team is fresh and contains some massive developers. I'm sure I read theres even designers and graphics engineers from companies like Naugty Dog, Bioware and a few others that work for 343. Some big names are there if I remeber rightly.

the BR Kill graphics omfg... the shadows on BR this game will be the best

Around the Network
pezus said:
selnor said:

Hell yes.

Bring on November.

What exactly do you mean with CODified mp? Because it seems halo mp will still stay halo?

Cant wait for this! They should have waited until the CODrelease date was announced to avoid ot though..

pezus said:
maximrace said:
pezus said:
selnor said:

Hell yes.

Bring on November.

What exactly do you mean with CODified mp? Because it seems halo mp will still stay halo?

That's just what I've seen and heard around the net. By codified I mean implementing RPG elements (like CoD) into the MP.

Can you name me such elements?

pezus said:
maximrace said:
pezus said:
maximrace said:
pezus said:
selnor said:

Hell yes.

Bring on November.

That's just what I've seen and heard around the net. By codified I mean implementing RPG elements (like CoD) into the MP.

Can you name me such elements?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2012/mar/05/halo-4-multiplayer-details-revealed 

Customize loudouts, your character; social service akin to Elite

i just wonder why "attention on graphics" makes you feel that it won't be as good as the bungie halos. i mean, almost every ps3 exclusive had a big attention on graphics as well, do you believe they would be better without the attention to make brilliant graphics? uncharted, gow, killzone... yesterday you were happy to get a new gow with great graphics and the same day you say that's the reason you think halo won't be as good as the previous ones? great graphics was clearly an aim for gow, why isn't it bad for ps3 games but for halo? it's not like they would spend less money in improving gameplay or so just for graphics. they just employ more people and that's it^^ same with pc games, you always want that they look brilliant (like crysis 3). why do you hope that? that would mean the game could be worse because of the attention on graphics!

Slimebeast said:

I believe Halo 4 has a shot at a 90% Meta and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 will get just above 85% Meta.

But in sales Blops 2 will crush Halo 4. Blops 2 on X360 will sell 15 million within just a year while Halo 4 will crawl to 10 million in two years. First week online activity of BalakOps2 on Xbox Live will be more than double that of Halo 4's because everyone and their friend plays Call of Duty online and almost nothing else.

Honestly Halo is losing popularity by every year while Call of Duty has reached the skies. COD is a phenomenon on a different level than Halo. In skool everyone can join in and feel part of Call of Duty because everyone can play it since it's on PS3 too.

And remember, not even Battlefield  3 could shake Call of Duty. Halo 4 release in November will take a beating from Call of Duty.

In terms of sales Battlefield 3 has never held a candle to Call of Duty so that is a terrible comparison. Based on current trends, Call of Duty will likely beat Halo but probably not by as much as you are predicting it will. Halo 3 will be 5 years old by the time Halo 4 releases and its a safe bet that many Halo players skipped over ODST and Reach as they prefer to wait for the main instalments, and even then both games sold in excess of 5 million copies in addition to GoD figures that are unknown. Don't forget in holiday season sales, Halo 3 was the last game to best a Call of Duty instalment (doubt it can repeat this, GTA V is the only game with a shot).

You've said in terms on online actitivy CoD will outstrip Halo by more than 2:1 on day one. Multiplatform maybe, but if your talking on the 360, not even close. More interested to see how many sales each game loses to the other, fair bet a huge number of gamers will want both but for various reasons only be able to opt for one.