By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 release date!

Tagged games:

Are you buying on day one?

Yes 87 67.44%

No 12 9.30%

No, in the first week 2 1.55%

No, in the coming months 2 1.55%

No, after I read the reviews 2 1.55%

No, I don't like halo 17 13.18%

What is "halo"? 7 5.43%

Total:129
Millenium said:
@CGI: Hell yeah I know. :D

@Slimebeast: I don't think Halo 4 has anything to fear from Call of Duty releasing in the same month.

@Thread: Definitely a day 1 buy for me!

I think COD has more to fear if GTAV aswell as Halo 4 release in november. Halo is safe, the tables could easily turn for COD.

Around the Network
maximrace said:
Slimebeast said:
I would of thought they had picked September or October in fear of Call of Duty. A November release very close to COD is a bold move.

I think halo 4 will be much better than the new cod ( prob BO2)

I think too but Call of Duty is much bigger than Halo. The new COD will outpopulate Hal 4o on Xbox Live servers at least 2:1.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Millenium said:
@CGI: Hell yeah I know. :D

@Slimebeast: I don't think Halo 4 has anything to fear from Call of Duty releasing in the same month.

@Thread: Definitely a day 1 buy for me!

I think COD has more to fear if GTAV aswell as Halo 4 release in november. Halo is safe, the tables could easily turn for COD.

Agreed!

Slimebeast said:
maximrace said:
Slimebeast said:
I would of thought they had picked September or October in fear of Call of Duty. A November release very close to COD is a bold move.

I think too but Call of Duty is much bigger than Halo. The new COD will outpopulate Hal 4o on Xbox Live servers at least 2:1.

Hmm... I think halo 4 will do 4-5m in it's first week and cod 5-6m. Cod is indeed much more popular but I don't think it'll be popular as mw3 combine that with the great halo 4 critics... And maybe halo 4 can compete with cod.

day 1 or let's call it some days before day one purchase for me which is very easy in germany to get the games some days earlier. usually i buy the games in england to get them cheaper and wait a week or so but some games like halo...can't resist to pay more to get it earlier^^

Around the Network
maximrace said:
Slimebeast said:
maximrace said:
Slimebeast said:

Hmm... I think halo 4 will do 4-5m in it's first week and cod 5-6m. Cod is indeed much more popular but I don't think it'll be popular as mw3 combine that with the great halo 4 critics... And maybe halo 4 can compete with cod.

I believe Halo 4 has a shot at a 90% Meta and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 will get just above 85% Meta.

But in sales Blops 2 will crush Halo 4. Blops 2 on X360 will sell 15 million within just a year while Halo 4 will crawl to 10 million in two years. First week online activity of BalakOps2 on Xbox Live will be more than double that of Halo 4's because everyone and their friend plays Call of Duty online and almost nothing else.

Honestly Halo is losing popularity by every year while Call of Duty has reached the skies. COD is a phenomenon on a different level than Halo. In skool everyone can join in and feel part of Call of Duty because everyone can play it since it's on PS3 too.

And remember, not even Battlefield  3 could shake Call of Duty. Halo 4 release in November will take a beating from Call of Duty.

Day 1 of course. I suspected that this is what was to be announced on Conan tonight, now I don't know, probably something more meh.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

"First week activity of BO2 will be more than double that of Halo 4's first week activity on XBL"

May I quote you on that if and when we get access to those numbers?

As for Halo losing popularity each year, I don't see it, Halo 4 is carrying way more hype, pre-orders and coverage than Reach did.

Also:

Halo -> Battlefield on 360, that's just fact so it's a odd thing to say mate.

toadslayer72 said:
Day 1 of course. I suspected that this is what was to be announced on Conan tonight, now I don't know, probably something more meh.

Halo 4 on Conan tonight will be merely a ''special segment'' MS said today ;)

well that's what i got 4 hr's ago (lol) but from the 1 comment in my thread it seems there's another date floating around?

either way, i'm sure Halo4 willl increase Xbox hardware sales