By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 release date!

Tagged games:

Are you buying on day one?

Yes 87 67.44%

No 12 9.30%

No, in the first week 2 1.55%

No, in the coming months 2 1.55%

No, after I read the reviews 2 1.55%

No, I don't like halo 17 13.18%

What is "halo"? 7 5.43%

Total:129

Wow they are going head-to-head to Call of Duty!
The games will cannibalize each other on 360. What is Microsoft thinking?

Around the Network

I've been thinking about this and its not like Microsoft to go head-to-head with such a huge 3rd party game like COD. Something must have happened between MS and Activision. I heard their contract runs out this year?

CGI-Quality said:
pezus said:
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to go straight up against CoD actually. The audience surely overlaps a lot.

Which is why I think this is more to soften the blow of the Wii U onslaught, rather than to just go toe-to-toe with Call of Duty. September is wide open right now (only the likes of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, DoA5, & Far Cry 3 to worry about - and none of those would do much harm to a numbered Halo). That's when I was expecting this to release, but Microsoft is about business, they know what they're doing.

It may also mean that I'm wrong about an RE6 Limited Edition console. I doubt they'd put one out right after the other. Then again, Gears of War and Modern Warfare 3 had Limited Edition consoles last year within a month and some change of one another! Damn you Microsoft!

2 months apart actually.
Gears 3 - September
MW3 - November

I doubt MS will release 2 special edition consoles on the same day. Relesing Halo 4 on the same day as BO2 means war. It means Microsoft wants you to buy Halo 4 instead of BO2. 

CGI-Quality said:
VGKing said:
CGI-Quality said:
pezus said:
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to go straight up against CoD actually. The audience surely overlaps a lot.

Which is why I think this is more to soften the blow of the Wii U onslaught, rather than to just go toe-to-toe with Call of Duty. September is wide open right now (only the likes of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, DoA5, & Far Cry 3 to worry about - and none of those would do much harm to a numbered Halo). That's when I was expecting this to release, but Microsoft is about business, they know what they're doing.

It may also mean that I'm wrong about an RE6 Limited Edition console. I doubt they'd put one out right after the other. Then again, Gears of War and Modern Warfare 3 had Limited Edition consoles last year within a month and some change of one another! Damn you Microsoft!

2 months apart actually.
Gears 3 - September
MW3 - November

I doubt MS will release 2 special edition consoles on the same day. Relesing Halo 4 on the same day as BO2 means war. It means Microsoft wants you to buy Halo 4 instead of BO2.

Gears 3 came out Sept 20, MW3 was Nov 8. So, as I said, a month and some change. Plus, I wasn't talking about a Black Ops 2 360 console, I said Resident Evil 6, which comes out a month prior.

You could very well be right, the RE5 console made sense when it released because there just wasn't that much competition, this holiday it's way different. :)

Isn;'t that a COD week?

I trust no one, not even myself.

Around the Network

If I had a 360 I'd totally get it lol

I'll probably have to wait till christmas to get it. :(

COD won't come Nov 6,MS&AB not crazy(even COD/Halo win,that's still a damage for each other)

D-Joe said:
COD won't come Nov 6,MS&AB not crazy(even COD/Halo win,that's still a damage for each other)

I'm betting money that it is. Why would Activison change their release schedule just for Halo? If they were 1st parties, then sure, they'd have no choice. But this is a multiplatform release and COD games have come out on this same week each and every year. No reason why this would change now.

COD has a sort of winning formula. The release date is a huge part of that.

Millenium said:
toadslayer72 said:
Day 1 of course. I suspected that this is what was to be announced on Conan tonight, now I don't know, probably something more meh.

Halo 4 on Conan tonight will be merely a ''special segment'' MS said today ;)

Did you watch it? It was pretty ok as far as being funny goes. So Conan will have a small voice acting role in the game.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.