By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Dark Souls Comes to PC- with GFWL

Mr Puggsly said:
zarx said:
Mr Puggsly said:
I really doubt the masses care if it uses the GFWL software. Works fine in my opinion.

I don't think the masses are the target audiance for this port, or the game in general for that matter...

I'm unsure how many people this game will reach long term. Could sell over a million units when its a few dollars on a Steam sale.

But my point is GFWL isn't going to deter many. Just some negligible PC gamers that spend too much time pissing and moaning on the internet.

It might not stop many buying the game, but that doesn't mean it won't annoy some people 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
zarx said:

It might not stop many buying the game, but that doesn't mean it won't annoy some people 

tbh, if it wasn't this. Forum dwellers would just find something else to complain about 

Hmm might actually get the game on pc to try it.

while I agree GFWL is annoying, its only because its just another program that needs to be running while playing the game. I haven't had any issues in a long long time playing the games that require it. Its nice that all of them (at least the ones I have), are also on steam, so I only need to run steam to play any of my games and GFWL auto opens when I play one of these games.

I also don't understand how the drm is worse than steam and especially EA. The one thing I hate about steam is that you need to know ahead of time if you won't have internet if you want to play your games. If you happen to lose internet access unexpectatly (which happens often at my university), your screwed because you need to set steam to offline mode before you can play games offline. With my gfwl games, if I don't have internet I can just play the single player without any issues unless the developers added some extra drm protection.

zarx said:
Mr Puggsly said:
zarx said:
Mr Puggsly said:
I really doubt the masses care if it uses the GFWL software. Works fine in my opinion.

I don't think the masses are the target audiance for this port, or the game in general for that matter...

I'm unsure how many people this game will reach long term. Could sell over a million units when its a few dollars on a Steam sale.

But my point is GFWL isn't going to deter many. Just some negligible PC gamers that spend too much time pissing and moaning on the internet.

Meh, they'll live.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
TadpoleJackson said:
zarx said:

tbh, if it wasn't this. Forum dwellers would just find something else to complain about 

there 's still potential for this. I don't know what they've confirmed,but here are some possible ways to screw it up.

-Not upgrading textures.
-It's a bugfest like Konami PC ports.
-Screwing up mouse/keyboard like dungeon siege 3 or Dead Space.

They're's still many things to possibly complain about :P.

ishiki said:
TadpoleJackson said:
zarx said:

there 's still potential for this. I don't know what they've confirmed,but here are some possible ways to screw it up.

-Not upgrading textures.

didn't they already confirm that the game would be ported 1:1 so no texture upgrades 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I don't believe GFWL is the optimal service for DS' online component, but hey whatever, the game is coming to PC.

zarx said:
ishiki said:
TadpoleJackson said:
zarx said:

-Not upgrading textures.

didn't they already confirm that the game would be ported 1:1 so no texture upgrades 

idk, Idc but some for this particular one but people have complained about Skyrim, Deus Ex and Crysis, Assasins Creed II... so yah

zarx said:
Mr Puggsly said:
zarx said:
Mr Puggsly said:

GFWL annoys me enough that I don't want to buy it now. It was awful on GTA IV and annoying on Fallout 3. I don't want to continue dealing with it.