By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305

I bought the damn anti-Mechon weapons against my better instincts as part of a run against that cuntpuncher Mumkhar. Barely another hour into the game and i have to grind against him again? This shit is ridiculous, and I am going to smear that asshat into the pavement and grind his brains into a fine, thin paste, him and his cheating-ass faced friends with their dickfucking poison inflictions

We're getting close to Diddy Kong Racing mode here, where i'm going to hate the game but have to beat it to prove its cheating yellow ass isn't better than me.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

I generally recharge the Monado quickly enough that i only need to enchant every other use, and so still get a good bit of usage out of it

The problem here is that all those weapons suck compared to the equipment i'm currently using. Do better anti-mechon weapons emerge as you continue to play, or is that stuff the only stuff i'll have to rely on through the next three major areas of the game?

It would be much better if they had made it a gem or something, because those weapons totally suck.

Better weapons show up later, but you've got the right idea: Enchant lasts a day and a half even when unlevelled, and Shulk builds his meter up ridiculously quickly, so sticking with Enchant is a fine strategy if you're willing to have Shulk in your team.

Alternatively, Melia.

noname2200 said:
Mr Khan said:

I generally recharge the Monado quickly enough that i only need to enchant every other use, and so still get a good bit of usage out of it

The problem here is that all those weapons suck compared to the equipment i'm currently using. Do better anti-mechon weapons emerge as you continue to play, or is that stuff the only stuff i'll have to rely on through the next three major areas of the game?

It would be much better if they had made it a gem or something, because those weapons totally suck.

Better weapons show up later, but you've got the right idea: Enchant lasts a day and a half even when unlevelled, and Shulk builds his meter up ridiculously quickly, so sticking with Enchant is a fine strategy if you're willing to have Shulk in your team.

Alternatively, Melia.

As i said, i bought them against my better instincts. I'm going to need to do a mass sell-off of stuff soon anyway, and i did those surprise quests. I'm going to build as many poison resist gems as i can, then go back to work on my machine that will ignite all the oxygen in the atmosphere simultaneously.

Mr Khan said:
noname2200 said:
Mr Khan said:

Alternatively, Melia.

As i said, i bought them against my better instincts. I'm going to need to do a mass sell-off of stuff soon anyway, and i did those surprise quests. I'm going to build as many poison resist gems as i can, then go back to work on my machine that will ignite all the oxygen in the atmosphere simultaneously.

Poison Resist is pointless. 

And yeah, when you get the final party member (soon), you can buy Machina weapons, which are stronger, but not the strongest. As you progress, you can buy better weapons, and enemies drop some as well.

Alternatively, Melia. 

(And I don't get why you hate Mumkhar, but don't worry, he's dead for good now! You should be at least 55 going into Galahad Fortress, and Mumkhar is easier this time!)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
noname2200 said:
Mr Khan said:

Alternatively, Melia.

And yeah, when you get the final party member (soon), you can buy Machina weapons, which are stronger, but not the strongest. As you progress, you can buy better weapons, and enemies drop some as well.

Alternatively, Melia. 

(And I don't get why you hate Mumkhar, but don't worry, he's dead for good now! You should be at least 55 going into Galahad Fortress, and Mumkhar is easier this time!)

Because i shouldn't have to grind to fight him twice in a row, once for level 48 and once for 52, and then grind to 55 to tackle Galahad Fortress. That and the poison stacking from him and his faced chums is unfairly damaging. No more meltdowns here, though. That's what the Angry Thread is for.

He's really just as much of a liability for the mechon as he was for his side, though. They've had to intervene to save his ass twice.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
RolStoppable said:
Mr Khan said:

You're about to hit the most aggravating fight of the first half of the game (nowhere near the halfway point, i mean, just that i'm a little past halfway and still haven't hit anyone as idiotic as Xord).

@ Conegamer. Not sure if i got to three sage summit. There's this ice-slide-jump that i can't make it over (tried, and i assume it's a matter of timing the jump right) if i go all the way down that way after melting the ice

You need to equip a Tempo+ gem on your lead character to make the jump. Keep holding forward to grab the wall, as stupid and unrealistic as it is to grab a wall at such a speed. You can forge a Tempo+ gem, there's at least one you can get from a sidequest or the simplest way: Complete the first row on the first page of the Collectopedia.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Edit: actually finishing the first row of the first page of the collectepedia is impossible. Sweet Wasabi and Red Lettuce exist, but the other two vegetables do not exist in the colony like they should...

Actually you can make the jump with Quick Step gems if you have enough. I easily made it by equiping 3 Quick Step II gems and a Quick Step III gem equipped to my lead character (also I linked Riki's Adventure Time skill). Tempo + is probably more efficient, but this should work if you have a hard time getting that gem.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
noname2200 said:
Mr Khan said:

Alternatively, Melia.

Alternatively, Melia. 

Because i shouldn't have to grind to fight him twice in a row, once for level 48 and once for 52, and then grind to 55 to tackle Galahad Fortress. That and the poison stacking from him and his faced chums is unfairly damaging. No more meltdowns here, though. That's what the Angry Thread is for.

He's really just as much of a liability for the mechon as he was for his side, though. They've had to intervene to save his ass twice.

No, you shouldn't, because you should already be high enough a level to beat him... 55 is where you should be now.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:

No, you shouldn't, because you should already be high enough a level to beat him... 55 is where you should be now.

I've tended to stay right on the curve of where i should be, that is, within one level of the boss they're throwing at me at the time. The only times i've had to grind before this were for the first Telethia and Mumkhar on the mountainside, now i have to grind for him again in the valley and for whatever level 55 boss there is in the next place. How many sidequests am i supposed to be tackling if i'm really supposed to be 5 levels ahead of where I am now?

In light of my self-imposed moratorium on venting in this thread, i will merely state that i was disappointed to see Shulk lose his drive for revenge just when he had Mumkhar at his mercy

Anyway, i seem to have turned affinity around quickly enough. Now the only yellow bond is Sharla-Riki (largely because i've treated them as support characters and generally kept them apart), which led me to discover a crackerjack anti-Mechon party in the form of Sharla-Shulk-Riki.

The other annoyance now is my crystal inventory keeps filling. I went yesterday and converted thirty crystals into gems to clear a whole page, and I had to go again today. I'm waiting for character number 7 before i start selling off gems, as i want to see exactly how many of them i'm going to need, and once i figure out what gems i don't want, i can start selling off crystals that don't meet the criteria.

I might get this game, but I'm not sure. What is the gameplay like? is it anything like Final Fantasy 13? I don't play many turn based rpg's so based on what i've seen that's the only thing I can compare it to. What's it like? Should I get it?

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash