By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
mysticwolf said:
I might get this game, but I'm not sure. What is the gameplay like? is it anything like Final Fantasy 13? I don't play many turn based rpg's so based on what i've seen that's the only thing I can compare it to. What's it like? Should I get it?

I've never played any mainline FF aside from 3, but from what i've heard it's closest to 11 and 12. Really the combat is almost like if World of Warcraft were single-player

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
mysticwolf said:
I might get this game, but I'm not sure. What is the gameplay like? is it anything like Final Fantasy 13? I don't play many turn based rpg's so based on what i've seen that's the only thing I can compare it to. What's it like? Should I get it?

Xenoblade has much in common with Final Fantasy XII, as opposed to XIII. It's an open-world exploration-heavy game by nature, and the battle system is real-time with many MMO-like elements. There's also several modern gameplay amenities like fast travel, a relationship system, and the ability to set the time of day.

Whether or not you should get it depends on how you feel about large-scale JRPGs in general. If you love spending well over 100 hours exploring every corner of the (utterly fantastic) world then go buy Xenoblade. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

mysticwolf said:

As others have said, it's much more like FF12 than 13, but even then, it's only slightly like it. The battle system is rather MMO-like, not turn based, where you select a character (all are very different), choose 8 arts for the characters (e.g healing, toppling, attacking), and go out and fight. You auto-attack when you get near an enemy, but can choose an Art to do extra damage, inflict status effects etc.. These Arts require a cooldown before they can be used again. That's the basics, but I haven't mentioned Toppling, visions, Party Gauge, Chain Attacks, gems, skills, AP, bonus damage, spike and more. So it's deep, but never overwhelming. The world is huge and open, and the 80-120hour story is gripping all the way through. The VA is excellent, and includes the JP dub also. Finally, the game includes around 450 sidequests, some easy, some rubbish, some great. I think that's a good overview. You should get it! Need any more answers, just ask, and I or someone else will help!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Just one quick (stupid) question- where can I find Skeeters on Bionis' Leg? I need their rare drop for the quest "Weak Berryjammy!" in Colony 6, if it helps!

Soriku said:
Conegamer said:
Just one quick (stupid) question- where can I find Skeeters on Bionis' Leg? I need their rare drop for the quest "Weak Berryjammy!" in Colony 6, if it helps!

GameFAQs is your friend.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/960564-xenoblade-chronicles/faqs/62867

CTRL + F "Weak Berryjammy"

"Nab 4x Thick Nectar from disassembling Leg Skeeters, N from Jabos Rock Rest Area on Bionis' Leg, day. Collect 4x Juicy Grape from Makna Forest. Return to Norara."

Thank you! I tried looking on the Wikia page, but it doesn't exsist! 

Around the Network

My my, the lower floor of Galahad Fortress was insanely aggravating. Once again, UM's prove to be more formidable than bosses, as i only went down in the Nemesis fight once because i was caught with a Dunban-Melia-Riki setup that was rather disastrous, but this UM right outside the lift down to Nemesis jacked me up numerous times. I'm tired of using Shulk for boss-fights...

Teach me how to Character Seven. I haven't done a thing with her yet aside from a glance at her Arts list. Which is the best setup?

And why are some characters making much more EXP than others? It seems to have little reflection on who is active, because Reyn's been in a lot of my active parties and is further back than others. Riki I can at least explain, since he has a skill for it, but the others make little sense.

Mr Khan said:
My my, the lower floor of Galahad Fortress was insanely aggravating. Once again, UM's prove to be more formidable than bosses, as i only went down in the Nemesis fight once because i was caught with a Dunban-Melia-Riki setup that was rather disastrous, but this UM right outside the lift down to Nemesis jacked me up numerous times. I'm tired of using Shulk for boss-fights...

Teach me how to Character Seven. I haven't done a thing with her yet aside from a glance at her Arts list. Which is the best setup?

And why are some characters making much more EXP than others? It seems to have little reflection on who is active, because Reyn's been in a lot of my active parties and is further back than others. Riki I can at least explain, since he has a skill for it, but the others make little sense.

That UM shouldn't be fought now FYI.

Character 7 can be used in many ways. Personally, I use her with attack and topple arts, and leave the status effect side out of things. She makes a great tank! Oh, and her footwear changes her talent art, whilst the rest of her equipment chages her strength and weaknesses (e.g. the default Ether set lowers defence to favour ether attack).

Oh, and the EXP. thing? Skills. Or gems. Likely skills. 

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:

Character 7 can be used in many ways. Personally, I use her with attack and topple arts, and leave the status effect side out of things. She makes a great tank! Oh, and her footwear changes her talent art, whilst the rest of her equipment chages her strength and weaknesses (e.g. the default Ether set lowers defence to favour ether attack).

Really? Because the region is now inaccessible, and the UM was only level 55 (but also immediately respawned after that one loss i took to Nemesis). The difficulty with it was a fairly strong auto-attack, that meant it would wipe the team out while you were focused on picking off the two other mechon that flanked it.

The skill part explains Riki being well ahead of everyone else (2x exp gain during daytime with his default skill tree), but the others, i only had an EXP+ gem on Melia for a brief period a while back.

Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:

Really? Because the region is now inaccessible, and the UM was only level 55 (but also immediately respawned after that one loss i took to Nemesis). The difficulty with it was a fairly strong auto-attack, that meant it would wipe the team out while you were focused on picking off the two other mechon that flanked it.

The skill part explains Riki being well ahead of everyone else (2x exp gain during daytime with his default skill tree), but the others, i only had an EXP+ gem on Melia for a brief period a while back.

Yeah. You're supposed to go back before the end of Mechonis Field to fight it. 

And Shulk has a skill as well, giving 10% extra exp. when completing a quest. You SURE you haven't skill linked?

I'm confused why we're still pretending to honor spoilers in this thread, seeing as how Cone has pretty much blabbed about everything at one point or another, but...

The last character you get is the opposite of Melia in many ways. Most of her damage comes from auto-attacks, which (when properly used) she can dish out at an unfair rate. Prioritize her Speed Shift art, activate it, and learn to enjoy Chain Attacks to their maximum potential. Equip her with Haste and Double-Attack gems, concentrate on her Skill Tree that maximizes her critical attacks (and then link other characters to those skills too!), skill link her to maximize her agility/Shulk's Chain Attack skills, then sit back and enjoy.