By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
What noname said. Switch in new characters (lead with Melly, then Riki/Dunban, for example, works wonders), and build affinity. Then link dem skills!

You get skill trees from quests. I could list which ones, but one is in Colony 9, one in Colony 6, 2 in Frontier Village, one in Eryth Sea, one in Valak and one Fallen Arm.

I've been rotating, but it seems to take forever. Took me like 15 hours to get Dunban up to green with Shulk/Reyn/Sharla, while Riki's pure yellow and Melia only greened with Reyn for some reason (which then makes Reyn the best-linked of the group, despite the fact that i never use him as the lead).

Really, if i could just link Melia and Riki for medium-weight armor, that would be enough.

You get affinity from accepting and finishing quests (2 or 4 being the leader and another character, random), burst affinity (gained for dodging, missing, critical hitting, hit b when it flashes up. 3 hearts for the outer circle, 1 for inside, between the character who has done the thing and the other two), helping/reviving characters, always two hearts, and a chain attack, 1 heart between everyone. Then there's H2H's, of course. And item giving can give you from 3 hearts per item (try Dobercorgi with Melia, Blue Chain with Shulk), to losing 2 hearts. Experiment! If you aren't doing these, you can't gain affinity. And it takes 50 hearts to go up one, then an additional 15 for each level, I believe.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:

The EXP-giving quests are needed to get skill trees, new Monado arts, better affinity (therefore better trades), and the best gems. So only doing them when you need to is a mistake IMHO. 

Also, have you found the entrance to Colony 6? And I'd count Mumkhar being an enemy as a spoiler, but it's OK. Just don't mention other names without spoiler tags next time! 

Indeed, and i figured out what the problem was. I was trying to get in there while Otharon was still traveling with the party, so i was going too early instead of too late.

Sigh. More on this matter of skill trees? The only three i even have the affinity to interlink at this point are the original three characters.

But Otharon and Juju leave in the marsh, and a tutorial pops up then saying you can rebuild it...

These tutorials tend to go in one ear and out the other with me. Some of them stick, but most of them i'm forced to rediscover far down the line, like the collectepedia or the fact that the Monado Arts can upgrade

Nothing I can do about that I'm afraid, other than to try new things and check the tutorials from time to time.

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
What noname said. Switch in new characters (lead with Melly, then Riki/Dunban, for example, works wonders), and build affinity. Then link dem skills!

You get skill trees from quests. I could list which ones, but one is in Colony 9, one in Colony 6, 2 in Frontier Village, one in Eryth Sea, one in Valak and one Fallen Arm.

I've been rotating, but it seems to take forever. Took me like 15 hours to get Dunban up to green with Shulk/Reyn/Sharla, while Riki's pure yellow and Melia only greened with Reyn for some reason (which then makes Reyn the best-linked of the group, despite the fact that i never use him as the lead).

Really, if i could just link Melia and Riki for medium-weight armor, that would be enough.

You get affinity from accepting and finishing quests (2 or 4 being the leader and another character, random), burst affinity (gained for dodging, missing, critical hitting, hit b when it flashes up. 3 hearts for the outer circle, 1 for inside, between the character who has done the thing and the other two), helping/reviving characters, always two hearts, and a chain attack, 1 heart between everyone. Then there's H2H's, of course. And item giving can give you from 3 hearts per item (try Dobercorgi with Melia, Blue Chain with Shulk), to losing 2 hearts. Experiment! If you aren't doing these, you can't gain affinity. And it takes 50 hearts to go up one, then an additional 15 for each level, I believe.

I knew about all of those except item-giving, and the heart-to-heart thing is sort of self-defeating unless it's on a green qualifier, as i've been building affinity largely with H2H's as a goal, not as a means to the goal.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Conegamer said:

Thanks! :D

@NinPie- If you want it...why not buy it? Even if you don't play it until you get the WiiU, if you're worried it's not there anymore, why not get it now to be safe?

The whole point is to save for the Wii U and not spend money, ConeGamer!

NintendoPie said:
Conegamer said:

Thanks! :D

@NinPie- If you want it...why not buy it? Even if you don't play it until you get the WiiU, if you're worried it's not there anymore, why not get it now to be safe?

The whole point is to save for the Wii U and not spend money, ConeGamer!

Well, wouldn't you only buy the game anyway? So you would spend the same amount :p

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:

I knew about all of those except item-giving, and the heart-to-heart thing is sort of self-defeating unless it's on a green qualifier, as i've been building affinity largely with H2H's as a goal, not as a means to the goal.

Yeah, the easiest way is item-giving. How about giving it a go?

So i linked Melia and Riki for medium-weight armor, and cleared out an exp-yielding-quest (from an unnamed provider, however) involving traipsing all over the mountainside to find two scenic vistas, which yielded a lot of exp in discovering new sites as well. Halfway to level 47, a level and a half to go...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Thanks for opening my eyes to this game. Went into gamestop bought it new and am enjoying every second of it.

Mr Khan said:
So i linked Melia and Riki for medium-weight armor, and cleared out an exp-yielding-quest (from an unnamed provider, however) involving traipsing all over the mountainside to find two scenic vistas, which yielded a lot of exp in discovering new sites as well. Halfway to level 47, a level and a half to go...

Have you made your way to Three Sage Summit (from Makna, turn right, melt ice, dowm slide) and Balfalgar Pedestal (Across the bridge at the beginning, up the mountain).

Izo said:
Thanks for opening my eyes to this game. Went into gamestop bought it new and am enjoying every second of it.

How long have you been playing it? Or how far are you?