By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
AndrewWK said:
Dark_Oliver5 said:
NintendoPie said:
Dark_Oliver5 said:
NintendoPie said:

OMG! A newby! Welcome! 

You posted in a great thread for your third ever post!

Thanks, been following ths thread for a while. 

You are welcome!

You should tell ConeGamer that. It would make him quite happy to hear that. :)

Yea, this is actually what inspired me to get the game and convince my brother to let me borrow his Wii for a while. 

Good thing I was not disappointed.

Now ypu have to get Mass Effect.

No, he needs to finish Xenoblade first :P

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Anyway interested in sales: It's stabilised at 5k a week WW, and 3,500 of that (roughly) is in the US. At this rate, it'll likely hit 750-800k LT.

Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:
Dark_Oliver5 said:
NintendoPie said:
Dark_Oliver5 said:
NintendoPie said:

OMG! A newby! Welcome! 

You posted in a great thread for your third ever post!

Thanks, been following ths thread for a while. 

You are welcome!

You should tell ConeGamer that. It would make him quite happy to hear that. :)

Yea, this is actually what inspired me to get the game and convince my brother to let me borrow his Wii for a while. 

Good thing I was not disappointed.

Now ypu have to get Mass Effect.

No, he needs to finish Xenoblade first :P

after that of course.

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
RolStoppable said:
Mr Khan said:

Holy crap @ Mumkhar. Talk about a wipeout, and suddenly it's grinding time again. Granted, part of it was my fault for assuming that just because he's out of his suit he doesn't count as a Mechon anymore. Even with that, i was destroyed far too quickly, so now i need three more levels to match him, and i do have a fair bit of the mountain left to explore.

If you think you are underleveled, you can also go back to previous areas and complete their sidequests. That is, if you intend to do them at some point anyway.

When I recommended you to avoid the sidequests in the beginning, it was because you would get overleveled way too quickly and your tech point and skill point gains in battle would drop to rock bottom.

Yeah, that's more or less what i've been doing. Only focus on the EXP-yielding quests when i need to grind, otherwise i just use the lighter quests for cashflow.

The EXP-giving quests are needed to get skill trees, new Monado arts, better affinity (therefore better trades), and the best gems. So only doing them when you need to is a mistake IMHO. 

Also, have you found the entrance to Colony 6? And I'd count Mumkhar being an enemy as a spoiler, but it's OK. Just don't mention other names without spoiler tags next time! 

Indeed, and i figured out what the problem was. I was trying to get in there while Otharon was still traveling with the party, so i was going too early instead of too late.

Sigh. More on this matter of skill trees? The only three i even have the affinity to interlink at this point are the original three characters.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Skill trees and skill links are way too invaluable to ignore, Mr. Khan. Get on 'em!

Around the Network

What noname said. Switch in new characters (lead with Melly, then Riki/Dunban, for example, works wonders), and build affinity. Then link dem skills!

You get skill trees from quests. I could list which ones, but one is in Colony 9, one in Colony 6, 2 in Frontier Village, one in Eryth Sea, one in Valak and one Fallen Arm.

Conegamer said:
What noname said. Switch in new characters (lead with Melly, then Riki/Dunban, for example, works wonders), and build affinity. Then link dem skills!

You get skill trees from quests. I could list which ones, but one is in Colony 9, one in Colony 6, 2 in Frontier Village, one in Eryth Sea, one in Valak and one Fallen Arm.

Stop manipulating people

Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
RolStoppable said:
Mr Khan said:

Holy crap @ Mumkhar. Talk about a wipeout, and suddenly it's grinding time again. Granted, part of it was my fault for assuming that just because he's out of his suit he doesn't count as a Mechon anymore. Even with that, i was destroyed far too quickly, so now i need three more levels to match him, and i do have a fair bit of the mountain left to explore.

If you think you are underleveled, you can also go back to previous areas and complete their sidequests. That is, if you intend to do them at some point anyway.

When I recommended you to avoid the sidequests in the beginning, it was because you would get overleveled way too quickly and your tech point and skill point gains in battle would drop to rock bottom.

Yeah, that's more or less what i've been doing. Only focus on the EXP-yielding quests when i need to grind, otherwise i just use the lighter quests for cashflow.

The EXP-giving quests are needed to get skill trees, new Monado arts, better affinity (therefore better trades), and the best gems. So only doing them when you need to is a mistake IMHO. 

Also, have you found the entrance to Colony 6? And I'd count Mumkhar being an enemy as a spoiler, but it's OK. Just don't mention other names without spoiler tags next time! 

Indeed, and i figured out what the problem was. I was trying to get in there while Otharon was still traveling with the party, so i was going too early instead of too late.

Sigh. More on this matter of skill trees? The only three i even have the affinity to interlink at this point are the original three characters.

But Otharon and Juju leave in the marsh, and a tutorial pops up then saying you can rebuild it...

Conegamer said:

I've been rotating, but it seems to take forever. Took me like 15 hours to get Dunban up to green with Shulk/Reyn/Sharla, while Riki's pure yellow and Melia only greened with Reyn for some reason (which then makes Reyn the best-linked of the group, despite the fact that i never use him as the lead).

Really, if i could just link Melia and Riki for medium-weight armor, that would be enough.

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:

But Otharon and Juju leave in the marsh, and a tutorial pops up then saying you can rebuild it...

These tutorials tend to go in one ear and out the other with me. Some of them stick, but most of them i'm forced to rediscover far down the line, like the collectepedia or the fact that the Monado Arts can upgrade