By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
Mr Khan said:
That last picture with Fiora is a quasi-spoiler too, since she looks different than she does in the first playthrough.

It's a pre-release picture. It was one of the initial batches of pictures released at the system launch. If you look at Reyn and Shulk, you can see they're also different, albeit subtly. And you can compare Shu;k in the first picture to the third and see the differences.

Dunno why Fiora changed so much, though.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:

Just because you're a Melia hater. We all know it! :P

Also, I just noticed this was the 1,000th post. I suppose I should add more substance. Hmm..

Looks like everyone's surprised! And Melia IS the best! Her VA is the next Dr. Who assistant FGS!

Melia sucks even shulk knew that. Thats why he dumped her! pwned!!!!

From a technical standpoint, Melia is the best character! She has the best arts, has the best VA, some of the best lines (with Riki), and suffers the most.

What's not to love?

She is somehow annoying, the way she dresses and talks is just cocky.

I said it once and I say it again she is the Miranda Lawson of Xenoblade. And her arts are good but wothout a protector she is useless.

I guess it must be a British thing then. Because the way she talks its A-OK for me, and her dress sense is better than the other female characters, certainly Sharla. 

She does need a protector, but Reflection can be great to destroy visions. It only last 4 seconds, but it's still more than enough to guard attacks you know are coming.

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
That last picture with Fiora is a quasi-spoiler too, since she looks different than she does in the first playthrough.

It's a pre-release picture. It was one of the initial batches of pictures released at the system launch. If you look at Reyn and Shulk, you can see they're also different, albeit subtly. And you can compare Shu;k in the first picture to the third and see the differences.

Dunno why Fiora changed so much, though.

Here i thought it was New Game Plus with some carry over.

Now, would Otharon really have gone to Alcamoth right after the events of Prison Island? They haven't started rallying the alliance yet. Because i did go exploring the gates of colony 6 right after the ether mine and found nothing on one side and a few Nopon on the other.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Khuutra said:
Conegamer said:
Khuutra said:

We'll see

But you can't tell me the intro is better than 99% of JRPGs

Well, looking back at the RPG's I've played, all of them have slow starts. Every FF has a slow start, same with Tales games, DQ games and Zelda games. They put you in a mundane town/village which is often destroyed, starting with an overly long cutscene and little freedom. At least Xenoblade allows you to run around, collect quests and enjoy the area at your own pace, or progress with the story straight away.

What in Chris'ts own name are you talking about when it comes to Final Fantasy

FFIV starts off with your destroiyng an entire kingdom and going "WHAT HAVE I DOOOONE"

FFV starts off with the world basically ending

FFVI starts off with you traipsing across a snowy field, destroying a small town, and waking up a god

FFVII - the bombing run!

And none of those games had timeskips after their intros

They provide the hook immediately without inundating you with more information than necessary. EarthBound does the same thing. So does Ogre Battle. Tactics Ogre. Fire Emblem. Pokemon.

Xenoblade did provide the hook very quickly. The game started by describing the battle between the Bionis and Mechonis (very significant tp the hook), then went into a combat tutorial (still very significant), followed by panning the camera out to show the game world in its entirety (the hook), and finally proceeded to let you roam around to do whatever you want because that's the kind of RPG Xenoblade is. Honestly I'd say the intro hit just about every note it needed to.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

RolStoppable said:
Mr Khan said:

Here i thought it was New Game Plus with some carry over.

Now, would Otharon really have gone to Alcamoth right after the events of Prison Island? They haven't started rallying the alliance yet. Because i did go exploring the gates of colony 6 right after the ether mine and found nothing on one side and a few Nopon on the other.

Inbetween the Colony 6 gates, there is another gate. That's where you find Otharon.

After some point in the story the quest giver will be Dulland (who should stand at the same spot, but I've never let it come to this, so I can't say for sure), but I don't think you've reached that point yet. If you haven't reached Sword Valley yet, then it should definitely be Otharon who is waiting for you.

Yeah, you're right. Dulland replaces Otharon after the fight in Valak. Got confused as to where he was...

And the gate you're looking for is through one of the other gates. Walk in and explore. There's Hope Farm and the Colony entrance there, then you hit the REAL colony (which is dodecohedral).

Around the Network

Holy crap @ Mumkhar. Talk about a wipeout, and suddenly it's grinding time again. Granted, part of it was my fault for assuming that just because he's out of his suit he doesn't count as a Mechon anymore. Even with that, i was destroyed far too quickly, so now i need three more levels to match him, and i do have a fair bit of the mountain left to explore.

I seriously hope this'll still be available after the Wii U launch... because I really want it... XD

This game is badass. I bought it about a month ago and I've put about 35 hrs into it. I'm taking a break from it though. I can't play a game for so long without getting bored, but I''ll eventually get back to it.

What's up?

RolStoppable said:
Mr Khan said:

Holy crap @ Mumkhar. Talk about a wipeout, and suddenly it's grinding time again. Granted, part of it was my fault for assuming that just because he's out of his suit he doesn't count as a Mechon anymore. Even with that, i was destroyed far too quickly, so now i need three more levels to match him, and i do have a fair bit of the mountain left to explore.

If you think you are underleveled, you can also go back to previous areas and complete their sidequests. That is, if you intend to do them at some point anyway.

When I recommended you to avoid the sidequests in the beginning, it was because you would get overleveled way too quickly and your tech point and skill point gains in battle would drop to rock bottom.

Yeah, that's more or less what i've been doing. Only focus on the EXP-yielding quests when i need to grind, otherwise i just use the lighter quests for cashflow.

Dark_Oliver5 said:
This game is badass. I bought it about a month ago and I've put about 35 hrs into it. I'm taking a break from it though. I can't play a game for so long without getting bored, but I''ll eventually get back to it.

OMG! A newby! Welcome! 

You posted in a great thread for your third ever post!