By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now Wii U Is Less Powerful Than PS3/360? This Is Getting Stupid!

glimmer_of_hope said:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/342452/wii-u-graphics-less-powerful-than-ps3-xbox-360-developers/

So now it appears that the Wii U is less powerful than PS3/360. So it's going from 2x as powerful, to the same league in power, now to less than powerful. 

This is really getting dumb. I mean, shit goes the other way in reality. The Dev kits get stronger and stronger.

But i digress, E3 is coming in 2 Months and we can finally put an end to these phantom "sources".

On topic....isn't it impossible for the Wii U to be "less powerful"?....I mean PS3/360 are 6 year old consoles! Whatever! 

It's not impossible. Did you not read the article?

"Yeah, that's true. It doesn't produce graphics as well as the PS3 or the 360. There aren't as many shaders, it's not as capable. Sure, some things are better, mostly as a result of it being a more modern design. But overall the Wii U just can't quite keep up."

The rumors have been fairly consistent when you leave out the Wii U fansite rumors. The system will be roughly on par with PS3 and 360. The average person won't notice any graphical differences, good or bad.

Around the Network

I really doubt Nintendo will release a console less powerful then the compeditors last generation. I mean even the 3DS looks better then PSP and close to Wii. Also many developers praise the Wii U dev kits, so I have a feeling it's easy to adapt current gen games for the Wii U.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

leo-j said:
Flanneryaug said:
I wouldn't take these rumors seriously. Nintendo already said that the Wii U would display native 1080p. It would need to be stronger than the Xbox 360 and PS3 to be able to do that.

No, the PS3 is the only console this gen that can display NATIVE 1080P images, and it has a couple of games that are native 1080p, the thing is, they aren't on par with games like killzone 2/3 or Uncharted because 1080p requires a lot more pixels than 720P since it's a higher resolution/pixel count. So WII u can be as pwerful as the PS3 and display native 1080p images, but the system won't be able to duisplay visuals on par with the ps3 if it is only set to release games at a native 1080p resolution

LOL Nintendo never said it would do native 1080p. In fact the only thing they themselves said was that it is capable of 1080p.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think Wii U games will run at native 1080p. I doubt even PS4 or 720 games will be able to.

Wii U is only a Gamecube and an Xbox Duct taped together? Aww...

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Not that i believe this, but why do some people get so butthurt??? Its not like there insulting your mother

Around the Network

Both the 360 and PS3 have native 1080p titles (Virtua Tennis 3 for example). As for the Wii U it would have to be more powerful than the 360 to even display 360 level graphics since it has to devote resouces to the tablet.

leo-j said:
Flanneryaug said:
I wouldn't take these rumors seriously. Nintendo already said that the Wii U would display native 1080p. It would need to be stronger than the Xbox 360 and PS3 to be able to do that.

No, the PS3 is the only console this gen that can display NATIVE 1080P images, and it has a couple of games that are native 1080p, the thing is, they aren't on par with games like killzone 2/3 or Uncharted because 1080p requires a lot more pixels than 720P since it's a higher resolution/pixel count. So WII u can be as pwerful as the PS3 and display native 1080p images, but the system won't be able to duisplay visuals on par with the ps3 if it is only set to release games at a native 1080p resolution

360 is also capable of running 1080P games

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241 

"Batman Arkham city will play to the strengths of the Wii U...", I'm certainly glad with my PS3 version now.

NintendoPie said:
Millenium said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I think Nintendo is trolling certain developers by sending them fake Wii U consoles to punish them for dumping too much shovelware on the Wii.

That would actually be pretty 'effing epic trolling if they did that!

The awesome thing is is that I could see Nintendo doing something like that. XD

Wait, let me get this straight.  You guys actually think that Nintendo would push out bad false advertising just to troll?  They are the most profitable console company right now because of silly shovelware.  They're trying to bridge the gap and appeal to a more mass audience and hardcore audience, not alienate one side or the other.

RolStoppable said:
Anonymous developers? Check.
Implying that they are from credible studios? Check.
Injecting superiority of the PS3+PSV combo? Check.

Looks like somebody got access to my to-do-list. I need to change the password

3 solid points.

We ALL wanted it, now we ALL are finally going to get SHENMUE III !!! Let us REJOICE IN THE STREETS!!!