By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now Wii U Is Less Powerful Than PS3/360? This Is Getting Stupid!

How about the next time a developer claims to know anything about the Wii U, we hiss and throw things at them. That should buy some peace of mind until E3...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I am a developer, I can't say where I work, but WiiU is slightly more powerful than the 3DS. Nothing more.

I wouldn't take these rumors seriously. Nintendo already said that the Wii U would display native 1080p. It would need to be stronger than the Xbox 360 and PS3 to be able to do that.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

This just in! Wii U will only be a Pong console, and it will be simply called, "WiiPong."

So sayeth some random game developer somewhere.

if nintendo want to compete as well as keep up with sony/microsoft they won't be able to launch a system to far ahead of the PS3/360 considering it brings a tablet controller which would be costly for nintendo..... something near PS3/360 in power with the tablet would allow them to release a less expensive console that could penetrate the mass market......it's probably slightly more powerful than the PS3/360 and capable of running games that the PS3/360 can only run at 720p, at 1080p resolution

mM
Around the Network

lol its gone from the same power (rumored at E3 2011) to twice the power to five times the.power (IGN) and. Then to two times again now to inferior.

I don't think we will know at all how powerful the system is till Nintendo releases final specs. Heck didn't Nintendo say final kits weren't going.to be delivered till E3! I am 100% sure that the console is going to be superior to PS3.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

well we'll know as this gen. carries on.

Flanneryaug said:
I wouldn't take these rumors seriously. Nintendo already said that the Wii U would display native 1080p. It would need to be stronger than the Xbox 360 and PS3 to be able to do that.

No, the PS3 is the only console this gen that can display NATIVE 1080P images, and it has a couple of games that are native 1080p, the thing is, they aren't on par with games like killzone 2/3 or Uncharted because 1080p requires a lot more pixels than 720P since it's a higher resolution/pixel count. So WII u can be as pwerful as the PS3 and display native 1080p images, but the system won't be able to duisplay visuals on par with the ps3 if it is only set to release games at a native 1080p resolution

mM
Flanneryaug said:

What are you talking about, the PS3 launched with a full 1080p game..

I think that it is possible because, Nintendo is aiming for a cheap price at launch, in order to compete with the already cheap PS3 and 360. They were going to deliver a powerful machine, but because of the "3DS events" they have realized that they need a cheaper price for the console, while still being profitable.