By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now Wii U Is Less Powerful Than PS3/360? This Is Getting Stupid!

To be honest if I were Nintendo I wouldn't be as worried about the graphics as about Wii U supporting a single tablet (if that ends up true).

I mean, the Wii brand was built around providing fun for families and friends, so having a single input device would alienate their userbase IMO.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

N64 graphics with a sweet ass tablet controller. Nice.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

spurgeonryan said:
I highly doubt that the Wii U will be less powerful than the 360/PS3. The Wii was already not horribly far behind them. So basically if this was true they would be saying that the wii U is just a little stronger than the 3DS. Sounds a bit rediculous to me. Probably a company making some shovelware for the Wii U so Nintendo gave them a Nintendo 64 kit to work with.

It definately was horribly far behind. At least 5x slower in processing power and easily that in terms of graphics processing, going by the specification.

That stuff is ancient and althought budget parts from those companies can be purchased that are slower than those parts, the difference between super budget and nasty, and just low mainstream in terms of price is hardly anything. Would be utterly nonsensical to produce a console slower than current psxbox.

They weren't as fast as top end computers graphics cards even when released, although not that much behind - still same gen, just not based on tech of top end model at least the PS3 wasn't the Xbox 360 was although slightly cut down.

Pretty much what I've been saying all along.

superchunk said:
Pretty much what I've been saying all along.

You realize that neither Sony or Microsoft will announce anything at E3 2012 right ?

It doesn't take a genius to realize that Nintendo's strategy to announce their next console so far in advance was a bad sales/marketing move....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

And how the hell can so many Devs say so many different things. How many Dev Kits did Nintendo put out there? What did Nintendo just put out a bunch of empty boxes?

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

glimmer_of_hope said:
And how the hell can so many Devs say so many different things. How many Dev Kits did Nintendo put out there? What did Nintendo just put out a bunch of empty boxes?

That's what happen when you have a profession like journalist that can be wrong 99.9% of the time and still get a job.

For all we know their anonymous source is the dude they were talking to while waiting in line at the neighborhood mac donalds...

Funny thing is that it's not even specific to gaming, you have the same stuff in sports during free agency....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

As I've been saying all along, we'll see the truth once E3 2012 kicks off. Moreover, this is altogether flat-out unlikely.

If anything, I'm concerned that the controller will have trouble displaying higher-end Wii U games.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

i think this rumour is true, because a powerful cpu, a porweful gpu and powerful ram now is less power