By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

Jack Reacher was interesting....good action, decent plot etc.

A good movie but nothing special.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
Guys the Hobbit was awesome

I love how the whole movie is about going on an adventure! I know it has a serious story behind it, but its not really the focus of the movie.

The thing about the lord of the rings is that it takes a serious tone very earlier on...the hobbit is quite different in that regard.

In a way the Hobbit is more of a homage to Tolkiens world...apparently they have added quite a bit in addition to the actual story in the book, which is why its 3 movies. I love it!

Always good to hear a positive review. I haven't seen it yet but i am sure i'll enjoy it. 

Saw "Looper" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1276104/) last night. It turned out pretty good and certainly different than i expected. The time travel thing is always tricky but it made sense for the most part given the rules the movie sets for it.

wathcing californication(nice) , dexter(got tired a bit) , x files :)) and STNG(oh yea)

oh and watched a movie called Samaria look it up a very nice one

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Sopranos is one of the best series. I saw it all during summer last year. Highly recommended.

@Ryan: I don't remember any memorable Halle Berry roles. She won the oscar and that usually opens the door for quality roles. She goes ahead and does generic roles. I guess x men was a commercial success. Have to still see Cloud Atlas. Terminal with hanks was good though.

Around the Network

Last night I sat and watched the Robocop trilogy. The first film is a fantastic film. The over the top violence is perfect. Cops going in guns blazing killing everyone that moved is how the world saw US policing at the time very much shoot first ask questions later. A film very much of the Reagan era.

The second was a typical seqeul. Poor story felt rushed and was generally a bit crap.

Now I come to Robocop 3. Fuck me! How can a film be so shit. Robocop with a jet pack? Fuck off! Japanese ninja cyborgs? No thank you. A little girl reprograming an ED 209 droid that just shoots the crap outta anything that moves was the worst thing ever. " Im now authorised to be loyal like a puppy. What a crock if shit. Forgot how much I hated Robocop 3

spurgeonryan said:
Movie 43

Is Halley Berry crazy? She has the worsttime picking good movies to star in. First Catwoman ( I forced myself to watch whole thing) and now this?

Looks horrible!

Now back to Balls of fury. So weird.

@ pezus

You saying sopranos is worth the watch ten years later?

Movie 43 will probably be a bad movie but the trailers still look better then the trailer for Scary Movie 5.

I watched Prometheus last night. Not impressed. I feel it ruined the Alien fanchise for me. It would have been better as a stand alone film and had nothing to do with the Alien universe.

ARGOFUCKYOURSELF!
Argo was my 'best of 2012'...Cast was excellent (and the resemblance to the real life protagonists is eerie). Probably the most nerve racking,edge of the seat movie this year. Ben Affleck's career ressurgence is complete. I think he will have an actor/director career to eventually rival Clint Eastwood's (give it 20 or 30 years!).

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

spurgeonryan said:
I agree. Thank goodness I dodged the hyppe and did not see it till redbox.

I keep watching Mr. DEEDS even though it is a pile of horse manure. One of those Sandler movies that he thinks he is being funny, but everything falls flat. Possibly his girlfriend in it. Ryder. Really disliked her in it. Sandler as well.

That's my boy

Little Nicky

8 crazy nights

Bedtime stories ( actually, switch places with little nicky)

Mr. Deeds

The twin one.
Chuck and larry
Bulletproof

Beyond that they are more or less enjoyable. Or at least watchable. Am I forgetting other piles of trash from him?

I thought that I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry was pretty good its miles better then Grow Ups and also better then You Don't Mess with the Zohan.