By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

Yes that was him in "Snow White and the Huntsman" but I mainly remeber him for Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Enemy at the Gates he also did an excelent job as a voice actor in Balto and I never watched Hook all the way through so I don't know how well he did in that movie all though he phsically resembles the Smee charater from the 1953 Disney animated version.

Around the Network

I have never seen E.T. but my favourite Spielberg movie was Jureassic Park or was it Jaws? I am not sure I was a kid when I watched Jaws I was 6 or something so I don´t remember it that good. I just know I really enjoyed it when I was a kid. But then again I have watched Jurassic Park 5 times and it was great every time. Always hated Indiana Jones and AI tough.

spurgeonryan said:
Chris Hu said:

Yes that was him in "Snow White and the Huntsman" but I mainly remeber him for Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Enemy at the Gates he also did an excelent job as a voice actor in Balto and I never watched Hook all the way through so I don't know how well he did in that movie all though he phsically resembles the Smee charater from the 1953 Disney animated version.

He did  a wonderful job as Smee. You should watch it all the way through. It is actually a pretty good kids movie, probably better if you were to watch it as a kid. Why did you not watch the whole thing?

Never watched the whole movie since I only saw parts of it while channel surfing.  If I ever see a cheap copy of it somewhere I might pick it up and watch it all the way through.  Also I think that Robin Williams is a brilliant stand up comedian but as a actor he is mostly mediocre and sometimes even terrible (Patch Adams, Jack, RV and Death to Smoochy).

spurgeonryan said:
AndrewWK said:
I have never seen E.T. but my favourite Spielberg movie was Jureassic Park or was it Jaws? I am not sure I was a kid when I watched Jaws I was 6 or something so I don´t remember it that good. I just know I really enjoyed it when I was a kid. But then again I have watched Jurassic Park 5 times and it was great every time. Always hated Indiana Jones and AI tough.

Re-watch Indy again. How old were you when you watched it! Gotta love indy!!!

Mine would be ( long ass list) but a lot of his recent ones have lost they're touch.

Watched it a few years ago. I don´t like the Indiana Jones premise. Maybe I would enjoy if it would be in the modern time. But the Hitler time is in my opinion the worst time to make a movie in. And I have heard the 4th for garbage and the 5th is in production so I have no real interest in it. But this new Spielberg movie "War Horse" looks interesting.

btw. whats you favourit CGI movie?

spurgeonryan said:
AndrewWK said:

Re-watch Indy again. How old were you when you watched it! Gotta love indy!!!

Mine would be ( long ass list) but a lot of his recent ones have lost they're touch.

War of the Worlds

Minority Report

Saving Private Ryan ( actually almost won my 90's movie voting thread)

Schindler's List

Jurassic Park ( only movie I ever stood up the whole time in, other than The Avengers where as an adult I was on the edge of my seat wanting to stand up.

Hook

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

The Color Purple

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

Raiders of the Lost Ark

ACtually just bought 1941 on VHS, so we will see how it goes?

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Jaws

It is hard to pick any one of those. Although Minority Report is a hell of a movie! RUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!! Just gets your blood pumping all the time!

Also just saw this. Not sure if his voice goes with it.

http://www.imdb.com/list/2xiKoHfupQY/#lb-1

Nice list also at the end are refering to the Hitchcock trailer that looks very good in my opinion.  Also on October 20th HBO is going to show another movie about Alfred Hitchcock.  The Girl which revolves around the making of The Birds and the relationship between Hitchcock and Tippi Hedren.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
AndrewWK said:

Watched it a few years ago. I don´t like the Indiana Jones premise. Maybe I would enjoy if it would be in the modern time. But the Hitler time is in my opinion the worst time to make a movie in. And I have heard the 4th for garbage and the 5th is in production so I have no real interest in it. But this new Spielberg movie "War Horse" looks interesting.

Well it is basically Indiana Jones kicking Nazi ass and taking names. It is a lot of fun you should watch it again? The second one has no Nazis in it, and is more exciting. Pezus just told me on Steam that it was probably not exciting enough for you. Lol! :P The fourth one was garbage, but I have such fond memories of Indy that I can still watch it over and over for nostalgia reasons. Ledouche could be out of it though. He was horrible in it Daddio!

CGI. What do you mean? Pixar movies? AVatar type movies? I cannot say that I am up to speed on the terminology.

It had nothing to do with what Pezus said. It was more the story and Harison Ford I really don´t like him, except in one movie. I mean I was not of a fan the old Star Wars movies either.

Wiht CGI movie I mean animation like "How to train your Dragon" or "Kung Fu Panda"

Well in 42 Harrison Ford still sounds like himself also but I think that both movies did a good job in the makeup department where they come very close to looking like the people that they are supposed to portray Branch Ricky and Alfred Hitchcock.   Also Hopkins looks closer to Hitchcock then Tobey Jones looks to Hitchcock in The Girl. 

spurgeonryan said:
AndrewWK said:
spurgeonryan said:
AndrewWK said:

Well it is basically Indiana Jones kicking Nazi ass and taking names. It is a lot of fun you should watch it again? The second one has no Nazis in it, and is more exciting. Pezus just told me on Steam that it was probably not exciting enough for you. Lol! :P The fourth one was garbage, but I have such fond memories of Indy that I can still watch it over and over for nostalgia reasons. Ledouche could be out of it though. He was horrible in it Daddio!

CGI. What do you mean? Pixar movies? AVatar type movies? I cannot say that I am up to speed on the terminology.

It had nothing to do with what Pezus said. It was more the story and Harison Ford I really don´t like him, except in one movie. I mean I was not of a fan the old Star Wars movies either.

Wiht CGI movie I mean animation like "How to train your Dragon" or "Kung Fu Panda"

Even though I love Van Damme ( they gave him like 4 lines) I loved the first Kung Fu Panda! It was great. The escape from jail scene, tight rope scene and final battle were really wonderful. How to train your Dragon was very enjoyable as well, but I have to go with the original Panda. Now if we add in Pixar things get a bit more hairy. But I will not at this time unless you do as well. What are you favs?

Harrison Ford movies that are great....

For me its Fugitive. This is the only Ford movie I really enjoyed, altough I have not watched Blade Runner or Apocalypse Now.

My favourite animations are:

1. Lion King

But I really enjoyed: Ratatouille, Wall E, Shrek 1+2 I would say they are tied on the second spot.

spurgeonryan said:
AndrewWK said:

For me its Fugitive. This is the only Ford movie I really enjoyed, altough I have not watched Blade Runner or Apocalypse Now.

1. Lion King

But I really enjoyed: Ratatouille, Wall E, Shrek 1+2 I would say they are tied on the second spot.

Well Apocalypse now was not really a Ford Showcase either. Try Blade Runner I guess. Couldn't hurt, and you have been missing out even without Ford.

Lion King is not CGi though......

Ratatouille, WallE were really good movies! I enjoyed the Shrek flicks as well, but after watching many other newer Animation in the past few years they have fallen down the list. Incredibles and Up were really good!

Yeah thats true.

I would say it is Shrek 2

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
spurgeonryan said:

Even though I love Van Damme ( they gave him like 4 lines) I loved the first Kung Fu Panda! It was great. The escape from jail scene, tight rope scene and final battle were really wonderful. How to train your Dragon was very enjoyable as well, but I have to go with the original Panda. Now if we add in Pixar things get a bit more hairy. But I will not at this time unless you do as well. What are you favs?

Harrison Ford movies that are great....

1. Lion King

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What sweetheart?