By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8
spurgeonryan said:
SvennoJ said:
spurgeonryan said:
I cannot even count how many cartoons my kids have. Close 500 and probably got rid of 400-500. That includes anime and Tv cartoons as well though.

I hope they grow out of that soon, I know every episode of Toopy and Binoo, Max and Ruby, Dora, Diego, Cat in the hat and Rob the robot by now. Those annoying theme songs are so hard to get out of your head.

I buy them all of the old stuff on Vhs. So they have huge collections of all the old anime from 90's and even 80;s cartoons from before 2000 as well. Every cartoon you can think of they have seen. Really neat I think.

Cool. I wouldn't mind watching the stuff I grew up with with them. Late 70's, early 80's. Inspector Gadget, Ducktales, Flinstones, Scooby doo, Jetsons, Dr Snuggles, Asterix films, and plenty more I can't remember the name of.
Too bad Netflix for kids only has the 'new' stuff.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
SvennoJ said:
spurgeonryan said:
I cannot even count how many cartoons my kids have. Close 500 and probably got rid of 400-500. That includes anime and Tv cartoons as well though.

I hope they grow out of that soon, I know every episode of Toopy and Binoo, Max and Ruby, Dora, Diego, Cat in the hat and Rob the robot by now. Those annoying theme songs are so hard to get out of your head.

I buy them all of the old stuff on Vhs. So they have huge collections of all the old anime from 90's and even 80;s cartoons from before 2000 as well. Every cartoon you can think of they have seen. Really neat I think.

Do you have a son? If you have son, buy him the Batman Animated series from 1992. This is the best cartoon ever.

This could be one of the best movie falls ever.

I mainly watched the BBC2 saturday / sunday morning cartoons. Dutch tv had them on wednesday afternoon as wednesday afternoons were free from school back then.

Inspector gadget was my favorite. Watching cartoons on BBC2 every weekend basically taught me English. Where did all the shorts go? Tom & Jerry, Droopy, Roadrunner, I never see those on anymore. I still have a Japanese laserdisc set with a ton of those shorts, all in PAL unfortunately.

Looks better then the first trailer. 

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Chris Hu said:

Well in 42 Harrison Ford still sounds like himself also but I think that both movies did a good job in the makeup department where they come very close to looking like the people that they are supposed to portray Branch Ricky and Alfred Hitchcock.   Also Hopkins looks closer to Hitchcock then Tobey Jones looks to Hitchcock in The Girl. 

I was just looking at that. Never pictured Harrison in a baseball movie.

Hopkins does look the part, and I am not saying he will be bad. It is just that Hannibal lecter voice. Cannot get it out of my head. What can I do? I never knew that Pyscho almost bankrupted him and his family. It will be interesting.

Well I don't think its exactly the same as the Hannibal Lecter voice but some actors pretty much sound the same in all their movies and Anthony Hopkins is a prime example of that and Harrison Ford falls into the same category also. 

So far this weekend I have managed to re watch Predators and Roa to Perdition.

Predators is quite good but I dislike how they made the classic predator seem so useless.

Road to Perdition a great film. I never thought Hanks could pull off being a gangster but he did and was pretty good in it.

Just finished Yes Man. Funny as fuck. Jim Carrey can be hit and miss but he was spot on in this. Also that Zooey whatsername is pretty hot. Not sure whether to watch Drop Dead Fred, The Bone Collector, Backdraft or Shawshank next. Guess it doesnt really matter as I will end up falling asleep on the sofa anyway.

pezus said:
spurgeonryan said:
I still not have seen Predators with the mysterious Adrian Broody. But perdition is great! One of the last roles with ....shoot...Cool Hand Luke guy.

Just was surprised. A new Silent Hill movie? Just saw the commercial on Tv during Dumb and Dumber. The first one was actually creepy for me. Will be interesting to see how this does. If Sean Bean is in it then it is instant win!

Just watched the end of 8 mile for the first time in years. Wow! That last rap from Eminem truly was a masterpiece. Only scene I like in that movie.

Bold: Paul Newman? ... ...

If you have not seen Shawshank you should save it for a better time, RedInker

Ive seen it before but its far too long for this time of night. Opted for the bone collector. Dont really care if I fall asleep to that one.

RedInker said:
So far this weekend I have managed to re watch Predators and Roa to Perdition.

Predators is quite good but I dislike how they made the classic predator seem so useless.

Road to Perdition a great film. I never thought Hanks could pull off being a gangster but he did and was pretty good in it.

Predators was really cool, but Adrien was the worst possible Actor for this role. There would have been so many other guys for even less money who would fit that role much better. Jeremy Renner, Henry Cavill, Idris Elba, Jason Statham and many many would be more beliveable then Brody.