By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8
pezus said:
Finding Nemo, The Toy Story Movies, Incredibles, Wall-E, just almost anything Pixar ;o. Lion King is the best animated movie I've seen though!

I would not rank finding Nemo amongst those movies. Finding Nemo is more in the Monster Inc. and Up category same as the Incredibles.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What sweetheart?

The Icelandic Menace is surprised as hell that you have not seen those two movies.

I never really had the chance to watch them.

spurgeonryan said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:
Finding Nemo, The Toy Story Movies, Incredibles, Wall-E, just almost anything Pixar ;o. Lion King is the best animated movie I've seen though!

I would not rank finding Nemo amongst those movies. Finding Nemo is more in the Monster Inc. and Up category same as the Incredibles.

They are all CGi arent they? Up would def. be included I think. Visually stunning movie and it was a lot of fun. Did it not win some academey award?

Yes they are all CGI but not of the sam quality. Finding was a bit too childish imo. As good CGI movie is for adults and children and I thought the Nemo humor a bit too childish

spurgeonryan said:
pezus said:

Funniest would have to go to Emperors New Groove. I love that cartoon. Lamest would be Brother Bear

Oh yes, a very underrated Disney movie. So funny. The slapstick fight for the potion at the end reminded of some of Disney's finest Donald Duck cartoons.

spurgeonryan said:
AndrewWK said:
spurgeonryan said:

They are all CGi arent they? Up would def. be included I think. Visually stunning movie and it was a lot of fun. Did it not win some academey award?

Yes they are all CGI but not of the sam quality. Finding was a bit too childish imo. As good CGI movie is for adults and children and I thought the Nemo humor a bit too childish

What did you think of a movie like Rio then? Or even Puss and boots? I have drawn a blank on other recent Animated movies even though I have seen all of them other than the latest Ice Age. Madagascar 3 was pretty lame. Not as bad as the second one though.

I really enjoyed the First cars as well. The second one had too much Mater for me. But Incredibles should have been right down your alley?

It was OK but nothing special. Rio was just a random movie it was lovely animated, and I haven´t lost anything for watching it but it has no lasting appeal, like Rango for example.

Around the Network
pezus said:
I almost fell asleep when watching Rango lol.

O.O I don´t know what to say about that.

And there was no high turtle, the turtles from Nemo where a TMNT reference. They where kinda cool, but this memento fish was annoying.

spurgeonryan said:
pezus said:
Over $100m first week in DVD+Blu-Ray sales! Smashing. Blu-Ray dominated the DVD version

We will never hear the end of it from Svennoj. He loves blu-Ray!

Yes, everybody buy blu-ray gdmmit so the prices go down and 4K HVD can come along!

Sadly I have still not watched The avengers. I want to feel the soundtrack when I do, giving my home theatre a good workout. Unfortunately that means finding a time when I'm home alone, pretty rare with a 1 and 3 year old.

Best (technical) looking CGI movies (on blu-ray!) imo are
3. Ratatouille
2. Rango
1. Puss in boots

Best looking animated movies are Ponyo and Princess and the frog. (on blu-ray!)

The Emperor's new groove is pretty good too, but Lion King, Aladdin and Hunchback of Notre Dame (best music) are better imo.

Soon my kids will be old enough to start rewatching the over 100 animated movies I have laying around.

pezus said:

Dat Tarantino...

"The D is silent" rofl

Ooh, a new Tarantino movie. It's been a while since Inglorious basterds.

spurgeonryan said:
I cannot even count how many cartoons my kids have. Close 500 and probably got rid of 400-500. That includes anime and Tv cartoons as well though.

I hope they grow out of that soon, I know every episode of Toopy and Binoo, Max and Ruby, Dora, Diego, Cat in the hat and Rob the robot by now. Those annoying theme songs are so hard to get out of your head.

pezus said:

Dat Tarantino...

"The D is silent" rofl

Black guys killing white trash! That is awesome. I prefer that even more than Nazi killing Jews. I hope this movie will be better paced then Inglorious Basterds.

btw.

I know those Turtles they are like the Ninja Turtles. They and the sharks are the best part of the movie. I still think it not as good as Rango, Ratatouille, Wall-E the first two Shreks and How to train your Dragon. The last one I totally forgot that was such a sweet movie.