By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

summer wars (anime)

7.5/10

the brides of dracula (1960)

7/10

parkolo (hungary)

7/10

rings (2017)

6.5/10

rewatched creepshow and stay tuned

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

catfight (2016)

8/10

get out (2017)

7.5/10

rewatched stand by me 

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

^i thought 2 stories were good interesting and holding up pretty good everything else is crap.

Tsubasa Ozora

I finally sat down to watch a movie again, Arrival 7/10
It was ok, unfortunately full of the usual stereotypes and cliches with a voice over skipping the interesting part. Actually the more I think about it the worse the movie gets. It's probably why I was so quick to pop the disc out of the machine while I usually watch the end credits and check the extras :/

I also saw Moana a while ago. 8/10 beautifully made, my kids were very excited during the whole movie. Nice extras as well on the disc.

^ Apparently they were there to teach humanity their universal language which rewires your brain so you can see the future, in trade of requiring our help in 3000 years. However not even the scientist mentions the biggest bombshell of all in that the aliens just spilled the beans that free will is apparently an illusion, and we're just there to enjoy our time in linear movie form. She says it at the end of the movie, I already know the outcome but I'm going to enjoy every moment of it regardless.

Actually, seems like the movie severely dumbed down the book which is about free will vs determinism and the realization there is another option: http://blog.pshares.org/index.php/arrival-and-the-false-dichotomy-of-free-will-vs-determinism/
The movie was based on a short story from "Stories of your life" by Ted Chiang. I added it to my list, should be more interesting than the movie.

Around the Network

farewell my concubine (chinese)

8/10

a dark song (2016)

7.5/10

fargo s3 is a bit too weird but i like so far and better call saul is the same as the previous two seasons lol

Tsubasa Ozora

ghost in the shell (2017)

6.5/10

i am not your negro (2016)

8/10

death note light up the new world (japanese)

7/10

Tsubasa Ozora

Independence day Resurgance 5/10

I'm being generous since the sound effects were great. It was the only sci-fi I could find on Netflix that I had not seen yet. Netflix seems to be more for tv shows nowadays. Anyway the movie... Just one little thing, if a ship that size and weight attaches itself to Earth, it's orbit will be fucked, game over.

^ Yeah, they could have spend a lot more time on exploring the ship. It was close to the size of NA and they spend all of 10 minutes or less inside it.

i doubt exploring the ship would have helped its not alien :) for me it failed to capture the silly over the top moments.. it got a lot more serious with stiff actors and bad editing and was all over the place it simply lacked focus. and also i think they wanted to make 2 films but the studio didnt want to do it and then you get a mess like ID2.

Tsubasa Ozora