By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

are those the guys who always fight ?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

Pretend fight yeah, military guy and the barefoot hippie (Cody)
Guess not so pretend as he said Unfortunately, I have been fired by Discovery Channel for differences over safety and health concerns on the show and will no longer be a part of Dual Survival
He was always the careful one, not into hunting big game and other risky stuff. I guess they wanted more danger in the show.

Alone in the Wild is my favorite..real emotions ,nothing scripted he could die any given moment it just give you a sens like you are part of it only one season unfortunately.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I still watch Survivorman when there's a new episode. Longest he stays out is 10 days, but always without supplies and films everything himself.

Naked and afraid is pretty good too. The naked part being completely unnecessary but the show gives a good idea how difficult it really is even for people with plenty of survival training. Plus the risks, some participants are still dealing with health problems months after the show. Most don't really survive, just somehow manage to last the 21 days.

^ Yeah I mentioned it a bit earlier with Trollhunter. Maybe he needed a break from surviving.
He didn't find it ofcourse in the double episode.

Talking about surviving, great episode of Mayday last friday. An engine blew up on a new A380, shrapnel tearing through the wing, fuel lines, electrics and hydrolic systems. They need a triage system with the computer system, for an hour the pilots got swamped with error messages in the cockpit, and could only handle them one at a time. Giant flying computer with everything failing.
They barely made it back down, with about 150 meters to spare on a 4000 meter runway, still leaking fuel. People could not get off for another hour until the fuel leak was under control, leaking next to a running engine that could not be shut off due to the damage, crazy.

Awesome 400 million dollar fully automated plane with almost 500 people aboard, nearly brought down by a small substandard oil pipe near the engine. 1 tiny corner cut is all it takes...

I guess they were lucky none of the shrapnel punctured the cabin.

Around the Network

sherlock season 123

8/10

and I watched a bunch of alien docus and testimonies from high ranked military officers also about quantum physics its just awesome how everything works and how much they dont know it just keeps me thinking and thinking :D

Tsubasa Ozora

Fire in the sky

6/10

Near Dark

5/10

Russian Ark

boring but beutifully shot

5/10

shadow recruit

5/10

hours (2013)

5/10 

Tsubasa Ozora

spurgeonryan said:
kljesta64 said:

Fire in the sky

6/10

Near Dark

5/10

Russian Ark

boring but beutifully shot

5/10

shadow recruit

5/10

hours (2013)

5/10 

Fire in the sky? Isn't that that Alien abduction movie? Scared the hell out of me back then! not sure what I would give it now.

Near Dark is a cult classic. Have to give that at least a 7/10

Never seen Shadow REcruit, but Kevin Costner is my favorite.

For some reason I could not watch my DVD from Redbox The hobbit 2 Desolation. Says disc error, cannot be read. But it works fine on my 360 downstairs? Currently watching 47 Ronin. Hope it is decent. So far it is not.

fire in the sky is based on true events true aliens I like to believe :D :D 47 ronin is a disgrace I gave it 4/10. im tired watching movies but im enjoying hannibal first 5 episodes are like any other horror/thriller but it gets way way better and now I cant stop watching they say season 2 is even better.

Tsubasa Ozora

Her 8/10.

Good movie, although it paints a horrible vision of the future, all voice and motion controls, yuck! The holographic version of illumiroom was kinda cool, yet doing the doggie paddle to move forward on rails, no thanks. That's just a small part of the movie. AI and relationships and how both grow and chance are taken under the loop. Ofcourse the first thing I thought when OS1 was introduced, how is his job not obsolete.

The movie itself looks convincing enough for the near future, like Gattaca yet 2013 style. It's a bit minimalistic at points, long close ups, sequences with little sound, or even a black screen with voice only. It fits the story and ideas. Apart from the few holo game sequences and scenes of Shanghai it's first most a cerebral movie. You probably wouldn't miss much if you 'watch' it with your eyes closed.

The extras further delved into what relationships are. Kind of a depressing point of view in there: All relationships end, some last until death and then you get to watch your most favorite person die. Thanks for that thought lol. I learned about Tinder, didn't know such a service was already up and running.

Rollerball (1975) 6/10
Still a good movie although the ending is a bit over dramatic. And as always, fun to watch the different takes on the future. Multi vision, luxury centers, computer centers, corporate ruled world that provide everything including assigning you a spouse.

Has anyone dared watch the remake? It has a 2.9 on IMDB, 1.4 Metacritic. I guess it missed the point entirely.