By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Michael Bay changes name on TMNT Movie!!!

Is the new name any good?

Yeah, that's awesome! Te... 10 13.89%

I hate him! 12 16.67%

Stop raping my childhood :( 49 68.06%

Total:71

Taking "Teenage Mutant" out of the title is just ridiculous!! I was hesitant to see it in the first place but with what Michael Bay is doing I'll stick to watching the original movies. The first movie is still the best one in my opinion .

Around the Network

I love Michael Bay because it's to mainstream to hate on him. The people that are here bashing him now are the same people that loved The Rock, Bad Boys, and Armageddon when they came out. He's just producing. Someone else is directing it. I don't see people complaining about a batman movie being called The Dark Knight, but that's another name that batman has you say? Yea well people have been known to refer to the turtles as just Ninja Turtles long before someone this new movie was announced. Guess what, if the movie sucks you'll always have the comics and original series, but if it doesn't then you'll have one more great memory of the turtles.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

spurgeonryan said:
@ Family guy avatar

I used to absolutely love the Simpsons games on my NES! Had a bunch of them.

Didn't yog-sothot used to have an avatar?

They really are not teenagers any more. But I think the 15-25 year old crowd are the ones who are going to see this, so they should probably leave it. No way is this going to be for anyone older.

That's Futurama, not Family Guy.  How dare you?!

@ OP

This movie is going to suck, anyway.  The name doesn't bother me too much, but the fact they are changing the origin to aliens is just ridiculous.  I'm sure they look like this, too.

NiKKoM said:
Great stuff from Michael Bay... just make the last two steps of replacing turtles with Aliens and Ninja with Pirates call it Pirates Aliens so the movie won't have any connection with TMNT anymore and our childhood memories won't be assraped.. you're almost there Michael!!

Here's a spam post due to lack of a "like" button.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Ninja Turtles is a great name.
Source: biggest TMNT fan in the world, ever -> me.

Around the Network

I always thought the Ninja Turtles were just some strange tribe that lived in Eastern Russia and studied under Japanese masters.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

This is worst then the new karate kid movie. That should have been called wusu kid as it was set in china.

He should have really made the green goo from space (if he is so bent on this space story) that turned earth turtles into mutants.

He should just name it after what it's inevitably  going to be: Racist Alien Big Boobied Explosions ;)

TadpoleJackson said:
You guys are giving too much power to the dictator...

Fixed.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

right now i am trying to imagine a live action Transformer movie without any changes from the cartoon.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’