By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Michael Bay changes name on TMNT Movie!!!

Is the new name any good?

Yeah, that's awesome! Te... 10 13.89%

I hate him! 12 16.67%

Stop raping my childhood :( 49 68.06%

Total:71

There were already two Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles moves, one of them was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (this had two sequels) and also a TMNT movie.  I would support the name as Ninja Turtles, because it cuts down on the confusion.  

Around the Network

Don't you guys realize that even if he hadn't changed the turtles to be aliens, and hadn't changed the title of the movie, it still would have been a horrible movie. This is a Michael Bay movie afterall. The whole name change and backstory change probably only affected the 3 minutes of the movie with actual character development. 

Jezus, they might just make any alien story at this point.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Always hated the TMNT movies. Why couldn't they transform like in the cartoons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSS-Wv5A5uw&feature=related

I think it's a good idea. The name "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" is very childish and could put off many older movie buffs. Calling it Ninja Turtles means more people will see it. Think of it as a reboot for the mainstream.

Around the Network
enrageorange said:

Don't you guys realize that even if he hadn't changed the turtles to be aliens, and hadn't changed the title of the movie, it still would have been a horrible movie. This is a Michael Bay movie afterall. The whole name change and backstory change probably only affected the 3 minutes of the movie with actual character development. 

Oh, you're one of THOSE people.

VGKing said:
I think it's a good idea. The name "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" is very childish and could put off many older movie buffs. Calling it Ninja Turtles means more people will see it. Think of it as a reboot for the mainstream.

Oh yeah because turtles who can use karate is much more adult than Teenange mutant turtles doing karate.  :Rollseyes: that is the dumbest explanation I have ever heard

You guys are giving too much power to the director...

The more I hear of this movie, the more eagerly I want to see it..

TruckOSaurus said:
But the "aliens can't be turtles" problem is still whole, I say he should go the extra mile and call the movie Ninja.

And, just why can't they?  Have you seen life on other planets?  Maybe Earth-turtles are simple clones of the original "alien turtles" from another planet.  Earth turtles aren't like the alien turtles.  There's no direct evidence that shows life is native to Earth anyway.  Moreover, chromosomes in humans shows signs of tampering, which suggest nature nor evolution played a part in it.  So, let's not go assuming the movie is going to be bad... Such a small thing to worry about.