By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Post your current car

Stored at a garage in NC because even if I could get the DMV to register the car for CA public road use, it probably wouldn't pass smog. Fuel map isn't controlled by the ECU, no cat.

The commuter:

Around the Network
greenmedic88 said:
Stored at a garage in NC because even if I could get the DMV to register the car for CA public road use, it probably wouldn't pass smog. Fuel map isn't controlled by the ECU, no cat.

The commuter:

Drift pig!?!?!

crissindahouse said:
Marks said:
It's cool seeing all the people with Peugeots, Fiats, Renaults, etc. We don't have any of those in North America.

you would with our gas prices. as example yesterday, i had to pay 1.72€ for one litre. that is $8.70 for one gallon if i calculated it right.

Holy smokes that's a ton! We pay by litre here in Canada also. It's about $1.25 per litre where I live right now. 

My car, is still the same, perfect size for city life and low fuel consumption.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Yea I here people in the US complain about how much "gas" is now today. You would never complain if you saw UK/Europe's prices. It's £1.40 a litre (~$2.20) here in the UK and is only rising (about a 1p every few days). Isn't that how much your gallon is at the moment?

Around the Network
pezus said:
BasilZero said:
pezus said:
BasilZero said:
pezus said:
BasilZero said:
sully1311 said:

Yea I here people in the US complain about how much "gas" is now today. You would never complain if you saw UK/Europe's prices. It's £1.40 a litre (~$2.20) here in the UK and is only rising (about a 1p every few days). Isn't that how much your gallon is at the moment?

Isnt the pay rate different in Europe?

Depends on where in Europe you live. I'm guessing many people in some of the poorer countries have a really hard time paying for gas.

I was talking about in terms of the average consumer from the US to Europe, there's obviously a certain amount of poor people in both sides ;x.

Well the UK, Germany, France certainly aren't the average European country in terms of wealth I think, so yes, it does depend on what country you're talking about. Europe is a very diverse continent

Fine fine woman ;(

How about in UK ?

In the UK they all walk around in tuxedos and have salaries of a hundred US citizens each (or that's what I heard)

Haha, I think the average salary in the UK is around £25,000, so around $40,000.

Reganrding gas/diesel prices... I am living in one of the countries of europe were you can actually get a full tank for a 'low' amount of money compared to other countries, especially when you consider that the average income is high in Austria

Basically, if I'm correct, our fuel prices are so high because our governments tax them so much, and the US government hardly taxes fuel?

crissindahouse said:

yeah as example this car. people who drive this car aren't the aim for porsche and this car isn't the car for the "normal" businessmen on the wall street.

it's pretty clear that it's a completely different clientele and people who have a porsche to win drag races are stupid and people who think they are good because they won against a porsche aren't much better because it's nothing special to win against a car not made for those things.

it's a car for people who like it a little bit noble, a car which nobody shall think "ohh neighbours leadfooted son". it's a car to look "reputable". there will be always some pimps who drive a porsche as well but they aren't the aim group^^

and for people who want a porsche with much more power for the race track for "serious" races  there are models as well but not the standard models you see at every second corner.

It is a car for people who want an upscalled beetle. Hehe i am kidding i like Porsche's. Other than germany and some other countries i presume it is hard to drive a car faster than 70 miles/hour or 120/hour ish. I know that is our speed limit in canada. Even the lowest powered car can accomplish that. Those inline 6's in porsche do make that journey to 120-130 kms quite fun though. :)

pezus said:
superchunk said:
pezus said:

No, they were in very good shape, but they were indeed kind of old. It wasn't a high-end Porsche or BMW lol.

And edit: What the hell is a Miata? This is a Mazda RX-8. Looks very good so I don't blame him for getting that :D

My bad... I thought it was the miata... but that's much smaller. Eitherway.. I'd rather keep a good looking/functioning BMW or Porsche over anything made by Mazda. My point still stands at the crazyness of the down grade.

Well I think he couldn't afford keeping the BMW much longer, or he just likes buying a new car every other month.

Guys, the RX-8 is awesome. If the Porche and BMW were old, then it's logical that he would prefere this newer, better handling RX-8. I would agree that a Porsche might be better, but there are few BMW that handle as an RX-8 does probably.

Also, the RX-8 has a rotary engine that drinks fuel, so I don't think this has anything to do with not being able to afford the bills.

Actually, if you are a petrohead (and the guy obviously is) then having an Mazda RX car at one moment of your life is a good ideea, just to get the feel for the different engine.