By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is evolution based on empirical science?

Absolutely not! Have we ever observed bacteria evolve into something else other than bacteria? Nope.

What about fruitflies? Nope. Still the same even after decades of fruitfly experiments. Sure the mutants have a different form and such (albeit more sickly and less fit) but they are still fruitflies.

Have we ever observed a reptile evolve into a bird? Have we ever observed molecules evolve into a life form? Nope and nope.

Evolution is not based on hard science but made up stories by people who spent thousands of dollars to get a title on their name. Don't be deceived. You are not the result of billions of years of evolution.

That said there are hardcore skeptics who say they only believe what they see but they have never seen evolution. A cat gives birth to a cat. A dog gives birth to a dog. People give birth to humans. Yet these same skeptics believe all life evolved from some primordial cell without ever observing it. Talk about being inconsistent and loopy [[confused]] ·It takes a lot of faith to believe the evolution story.

Around the Network
OoSnap said:

Absolutely not! Have we ever observed bacteria evolve into something else other than bacteria? Nope.

What about fruitflies? Nope. Still the same even after decades of fruitfly experiments. Sure the mutants have a different form and such (albeit more sickly and less fit) but they are still fruitflies.

Have we ever observed a reptile evolve into a bird? Have we ever observed molecules evolve into a life form? Nope and nope.

Evolution is not based on hard science but made up stories by people who spent thousands of dollars to get a title on their name. Don't be deceived. You are not the result of billions of years of evolution.

That said there are hardcore skeptics who say they only believe what they see but they have never seen evolution. A cat gives birth to a cat. A dog gives birth to a dog. People give birth to humans. Yet these same skeptics believe all life evolved from some primordial cell without ever observing it. Talk about being inconsistent and loopy [[confused]] ·It takes a lot of faith to believe the evolution story.

Evolution is not something one witness. Human science is very very young to be present in those "events". It takes thousands, if not millions of years to occur.

But what gave birth to the first human then?

-.-

Humans give birth to humans? No, duh.
Cats give birth to cats? No, duh.
Dogs give birth to dogs? No, duh.

Has there ever been a human alive to witness evolutions which takes 1000's of years instead of days? No, duh.

I have no intention of getting into another evolution debate, and your thread hasn't made the slightest attempt to input real evidence to say otherwise, so:

Evolution exsists, and it takes even more faith to be religious. *endofinvolvementinthread

OoSnap said:

Maybe when humans have several thousand year life spans or outright biological immortality then we can directly witness evolution of a species. Until that happens, we will have to go off of fossil records and DNA analysis to help us construct and understand evolution as a theory.

Out of curiosity, what is your explanation for the variety of life on earth? Did life come about as a result of abiogenesis and evolution as the evidence suggests, or is there another prominent theory out there that is also rooted in reason and evidence that we are all unaware of?

Considering the fact I mentioned reason and evidence, that would exclude so called "intelligent design" so you will have to propose something else. I suppose you could argue that no current theory is sufficient as an explanation, but you will have to do a more thoroughjob discrediting evolution if you want to push that idea.

Great, he's back with the same old creationist nonsense as before. I won't bother with any of this, the world is full of people who have rebutted your ancient and futile points far better than I ever could.

Have a nice day.

Around the Network

no, evolution is based on nature, it's explanation is established by empirical science

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/04/080421-lizard-evolution.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1194281/Darwins-evolution-moth-changes-black-white-thanks-soot-free-skies.html

Was trying to find an article about the lizards that evolved into living in the sea when a ship carrying them crashed into an island but couldn't find it. If anyone knows the species name, please tell me.

Species gradually change to adapt to new environment, and the LONG time for which this has happened has led to lots of biodiversity.

If you're going to argue against a well established scientific FACT, then you better have some amazing evidence to the controary. Now stop spreading misinformation that can lead to stupid shit, like unscientific alternatives actually being taught in schools in some countries.

It must take a very closed mind to NOT accept evolution as a proven fact.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I think the saddest part of all this is that you actually think that you can convince us.

The hostility and anger you show in all these threads you make makes me believe you're a complete waste of time and waste of space on these forums. Not to mention your arguments are either as pathetic and desperate as you are or have been PRATT.

Average people (atleast here in Europe) are taller than 500 years ago -> evolution

The fact that us Europeans have a white color instead of black -> evolution