By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Wii U hardware is on par with current gen consoles"

Your reaction?

WHAT THE FUCK! 184 99.46%

Total:184
RolStoppable said:

The PS2 dominated the sixth generation, but the GameCube was profitable despite sales of only 21 million units.

In the seventh generation, the PS3 will sell in excess of 80 million units, but it won't be profitable for Sony.

Not profitable at all? How about the 360?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Good for Nintendo, they should get a bunch more 'good' 3rd party support until 720 and ps4 are out.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Well considering this perhaps Nintendo can release the Wii U for only 250 US dollars bundled with a game.

people did say it has incredible shaders or something like that which would it make it really easy to port games to it, even if it was much more powerful.

Have the Mortal Kombat devs gotten their hands on a dev kit? They turned out to be pretty accurate in regards to their comments about the Vita's capabilities so I'd trust those guys.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:

1. This is of no surprise to me because I don't consider Wii U part of a new generation. I consider it on par with Move/Kinect. It's this gen part II. Sure Nintendo is pretty damn late to the party now and for once I agree with Pachter that Nintendo needed to have released this two years ago.

2. However, the really good part, is because Wii U is no real threat to 360/PS3 they will try to squeeze every cent they can out of this gen (to pay off the immense loses they both took) before jumping into what truly will be next gen systems. When they do, it'll likely be MS first in 2014, Sony 2015 and Nintendo 2016,

Since Nintendo's value proposition is unique, innovative features they can then do whatever craziness they want with the next system and MS/Sony will already be firmly entrenched in the direction they took and unable to respond.

1. That strategy failed for Sega, and it would have failed for Nintendo.  Trying to restart in the middle of a generation is just not consumer or developer friendly.

2. If Microsoft and Sony wait that long, they can kiss first place goodbye.  Especially Sony if they wait until 2015.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

We know about the Power7 CPU, that one is iron-clad fact. What does that mean vis-a-vis the Xenos and the Cell?

The R700-class GPU i thought was still a rumor

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

RolStoppable said:
Mnementh said:
RolStoppable said:
Mnementh said:

The reasons for this are not so clear. Some may say it's the relatively bad performance of the Wii. But I'm reluctant to call 95 million a bad performance. It may only seem so in comparison to the PS2. Maybe that's the reason. The market was growing, but PS2 totally destroyed the competitors, so they could not profite. This time it's not that clear and all three console-makers benefitting from the increased market.

Actually, I need to correct you on something else as well.

The PS2 dominated the sixth generation, but the GameCube was profitable despite sales of only 21 million units.

In the seventh generation, the PS3 will sell in excess of 80 million units, but it won't be profitable for Sony.

Oh, I didn't meant financial profit. I meant, that they could not get a big part of the growing market. I meant 'profitieren' in German. Asking leo, I should write: The market was growing, but PS2 totally destroyed the competitors, so they could not benefit.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
RolStoppable said:
Mnementh said:
RolStoppable said:
Mnementh said:

The reasons for this are not so clear. Some may say it's the relatively bad performance of the Wii. But I'm reluctant to call 95 million a bad performance. It may only seem so in comparison to the PS2. Maybe that's the reason. The market was growing, but PS2 totally destroyed the competitors, so they could not profite. This time it's not that clear and all three console-makers benefitting from the increased market.

Actually, I need to correct you on something else as well.

Oh, I didn't meant financial profit. I meant, that they could not get a big part of the growing market. I meant 'profitieren' in German. Asking leo, I should write: The market was growing, but PS2 totally destroyed the competitors, so they could not benefit.

Just speaking in regards to the PS3 comment. The PS3 is profitable for Sony, I don't know in terms of just the console sales alone, I don't know if they sold enough slims yet. But when you consider software and accessories the PlayStation division has been making profits for Sony, every knows that PS has been helping supplement the loss on Sony's TV division. Its no PS2 though, that's for sure.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

this doesnt tell us that the Wii U is just on par its pretty much saying the Darksiders 2 game will be on par which means its just a lazy port in terms of graphics but they will use the controller a lot more