By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN review new Resident Evil - "An actual zombie outbreak would have been less tragic"

Tagged games:

was slightly looking forward to the game the squad based setup and being from Slant Six kept my hype low, hopefully RE6 turns out well but from what ive seen im not getting worked up about it yet

it also amazes me how bad AI is to this date it feels like the industry hasnt progresses much since the late 90s, i cant stand poor or easy AI, devs should focus more on it and less on graphics and cinematics

Around the Network

metascore 55 after 14 reviews (360) and 50 after 9 reviews (ps3)

omfg what a terrible shit is that? and everyone complaining about ign, just look at the other reviews! the game is crap that's all...

I have no big respect for IGN, but having played this game at a friend's house for the first 2 levels (on 360 mind you) I can honestly say they are pretty much right on- a 6 tops. Considering I didn't experience the dumb team AI that most reviewers are complaining about I can see a 4 being reasonable. That said I thought they were a bit harsh on Downpour; so far after a few hours I think its a solid 6.5 or 7. Not played Gaiden 3 yet.

Worst RE I've played since Survivor back on PS1. Not sure what Capcom was thinking on this one frankly.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

turtuls said:
Needs more racism. How am I supposed to get my survival horror fill by killing zombies?

Haha brilliant line.

Seems like this should just get shoved aside as another experimental sidegame (like UC or DC) while we all wait for the true masterpiece that will be Resident Evil 6.

maybe capcom should stop throwing up resident evil sequels once a week. sometimes spending time developing a game raises its quality. oh yeah and maybe limiting itself to releasing less then 30 resident evils a year would help the franchise

Around the Network
marioboy2004 said:
maybe capcom should stop throwing up resident evil sequels once a week. sometimes spending time developing a game raises its quality. oh yeah and maybe limiting itself to releasing less then 30 resident evils a year would help the franchise

To be fair Revelations is at least a decent title. But hey I liked RE5 more than many- not classic, and not RE4 polished but fun nontheless. This game should have never been made though. I'm curious if people think this might have some effect on RE6 preorders if enough people feel burned?

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

RolStoppable said:
Oh well...

If Jill Valentine is playable, then KylieDog will give it at least an 8.0, regardless of how bad the game is.

LMAO

OT,  having read the preview from IGN some weeks back anyone should have seen this coming and it was made by a team  that put  out a meh SOCOM

AndrewWK said:
Jesus Christ what´s going on with IGN lately.
They crushed some games. Ninja Gaiden 3/10 Silent Hill Downpour 4.5/10 Ridge Racer 3/10 but then they are giving Kingdoms of Amalur 9/10 Alan Wake 9/10 and WWE 12 9/10. These is some very unbalanced criteria if you ask me. I mean Kingdoms of Amalur don´t deserve 9 points but neither does Ninja Gaiden 3 I´am certain.

Because that's their opinion?    

First slient hill down pout then ninja gaiden 3 now resident evil? For crying out loud they even refuse to give tales of g a review score ( judging from the review could of been a high 8-9) oh I almost forgot about yakuza dead souls. Now I have the feeling the new metal gear vengeance will suffer the same fate.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

if you disagree with ign don't patronize them. Just look at Rush Limbaugh. C'mon folks use your brains