By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN review new Resident Evil - "An actual zombie outbreak would have been less tragic"

Tagged games:

flagstaad said:
Valdney said:
Japonese games used to be so good. Very sad.

The franchise may be japanese, but this game was developed in Canada. Resident Evil Revelations was developed in Japan and is very good.

Thanks for the info.

Still, japanese games  aren't as good as they used to be. I grew up playing  high quality, arcade style japanese games but,  they don't make them anymore.

Around the Network
Valdney said:

Thanks for the info.

Still, japanese games  aren't as good as they used to be. I grew up playing  high quality, arcade style japanese games but,  they don't make them anymore.

They still make them, not as much but they are making them. But now they are focusing on the handheld market because is what is selling in Japan, in the western market (America and Europe) what is selling the most is the First Person Shooter and the western developers are better at them so that is most of what you see.

a good thing I stopped caring about it after RE5, it just gets lower and lower.

Why have IGN started to dish out proper scores? Have they finally graduated from high school or something?

I was expecting a 5/10 so the 4/10 really caught me off guard.

Around the Network

And it will sell more than Revelations too.

uggh

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

flagstaad said:
Valdney said:
Japonese games used to be so good. Very sad.

The franchise may be japanese, but this game was developed in Canada. Resident Evil Revelations was developed in Japan and is very good.

That is an important point to note.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I am pretty sure that an actual zombie outbreak would be a lot more tragic, since a lot of people would die for real.

As for the game, I did not expect it to receive a high score from IGN, yet did not expect it to be so low.

it's not just ign giving it a bad rep....check metacritic...looks like this game is just bad

It got the score RE5 deserved. Capcom has had this coming a long time, i hope IGN and other reivewers are brutal on RE6, for corrupting everything RE1-4 brought to us in survival horror!