By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN review new Resident Evil - "An actual zombie outbreak would have been less tragic"

Tagged games:

averyblund said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
slant6 + socom = crap

slant6 + RE:RC = abysmal

not buying either game, or any game made by slant6? Priceless.

Now that's something every gamer can agree on. Welcome to the mediocrity of Slant 6 360 and PC owners. Never was a SOCOM fan, so this is my first brush with them, but I remember hearing the horror stories and briefly renting a PSP SOCOM game of theirs that was weak. With so many top class devs closing down one must wonder how they continue to get contracts for high profile franchises. 

that's the sad part, and it cost the industry dearly.

Around the Network

But guys, this game IS bad. Played it at a games convention in Dubai a few months ago and boy was I disappointed. Horrible controls, frame rate, and enemies sucked as well.

Valdney said:
Japonese games used to be so good. Very sad.

Slant Six made this game not a Japanese team.

The sad part is not that this game is gonna suck pretty hard but that it will sell better than Revelations.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

flagstaad said:
Valdney said:

The franchise may be japanese, but this game was developed in Canada. Resident Evil Revelations was developed in Japan and is very good.

Thanks for the info.

Still, japanese games  aren't as good as they used to be. I grew up playing  high quality, arcade style japanese games but,  they don't make them anymore.

Valdney said:

Thanks for the info.

Still, japanese games  aren't as good as they used to be. I grew up playing  high quality, arcade style japanese games but,  they don't make them anymore.

They still make them, not as much but they are making them. But now they are focusing on the handheld market because is what is selling in Japan, in the western market (America and Europe) what is selling the most is the First Person Shooter and the western developers are better at them so that is most of what you see.

Around the Network

a good thing I stopped caring about it after RE5, it just gets lower and lower.

Why have IGN started to dish out proper scores? Have they finally graduated from high school or something?

I was expecting a 5/10 so the 4/10 really caught me off guard.

And it will sell more than Revelations too.

uggh

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

flagstaad said:
Valdney said:

The franchise may be japanese, but this game was developed in Canada. Resident Evil Revelations was developed in Japan and is very good.

That is an important point to note.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.