By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN review new Resident Evil - "An actual zombie outbreak would have been less tragic"

Tagged games:

Japanese games used to be so good. Very sad.

Around the Network

Nintendo of Japan still makes great games... the Japanese do make great games and their women are hott!!

well the game never looked good to begin with but still a 4 is low. I was expecting at least a 6 or 7

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I think IGN is transitioning the score they give reviews, so people wont think that any game that gets less than a 8/10 is bad and not worth purchasing. These games are just casualties in that transition.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Will Capcom finally understand that the bigger focus on action is not the key to their games?
I doubt it.

Around the Network
Valdney said:
Japonese games used to be so good. Very sad.

The franchise may be japanese, but this game was developed in Canada. Resident Evil Revelations was developed in Japan and is very good.

slant6 + socom = crap

slant6 + RE:RC = abysmal

not buying either game, or any game made by slant6? Priceless.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
slant6 + socom = crap

slant6 + RE:RC = abysmal

not buying either game, or any game made by slant6? Priceless.

Now that's something every gamer can agree on. Welcome to the mediocrity of Slant 6 360 and PC owners. Never was a SOCOM fan, so this is my first brush with them, but I remember hearing the horror stories and briefly renting a PSP SOCOM game of theirs that was weak. With so many top class devs closing down one must wonder how they continue to get contracts for high profile franchises. 

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

The game is prety bad imo.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

TheKoreanGuy said:
Maybe more reviewers are now starting to review games based on a 0 - 10 scale instead of a 7- 9 scale.

It's about time ... assuming they are that is. Based on the reviews of Ninja Gaiden and Racoon City I would still say they are maybe a point or so higher than they should be, but it is better than things were before. Even if a game was total garbage it would at least get a 7.