By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Origin refunding Mass Effect 3 purchases

Tagged games:

zero129 said:
yo_john117 said:
zero129 said:
yo_john117 said:
Christ people on the internet blow things out of proportions so bad. The ending was just fine and better than most videogame endings....not to mention the rest of the game was/is completely awesome.

I wonder what game people will find to cry and whine at next after this whole ME3 ending thing blows over.

You really think the ending was fine??, just becos you have ME pictures as you're sig and profile pic i still don't think you're a real fan. If you where you would see all the loop holes in the ending, you would see how all the choices we where promised never even made it into the game (And this promises where made just a 1-2 months before the games release). Bioware where the ones who blew this out of proportion, not us fans. As they where the ones saying we won't only give you an a,b,c choice for the ending, the ending will mean something to the choices you make etc. Yes what do they do??, give us an a,b,c ending that's all pretty much the same...

See that's all of your problem. NEVER LISTEN TO DEVS. PERIOD. I've given up listening to devs a long, long time ago because their games virtually never come even close to having the things they promised and if you listen to them and actually think what they promise is going to happen you will be disappointed. Once again, NEVER LISTEN TO DEVS. I cannot stress how important that is.

Regarding loop holes. I know they are there (although they didn't really cross my mind until people pointed them out). But other than being slightly annoying it's not a big deal at all. Plenty of TV shows and games have loop holes. Take for instance Dr. Who, which is one of my favorite TV shows, has many loopholes but that doesn't stop it from being completely awesome. Halo games also have a few loopholes but I still love those game. And I've noticed a lot of people mistaking lack of explaining about things in the ending of ME3 as a loophole....it's not.

As for choices please explain to me how exactly your choices could honestly effect the ending that much? Either way the Reapers have to be stopped and the galaxy needs to be saved...and there aren't very many ways of how that would be possible. So really the 3 endings thing make the most sense. Your choices in previous games and ME3 effected what happened in the meat of the campaign (and it shows in how you gather forces in ME3).

Really the only thing I wish could be changed in the endings is some more explanation/detail. Overall the ending is better than most other video game endings I have seen.

That would be all well and good near the start of development etc, when they are promising this and that. But when the game is finished (And they said it was finished 3 months before release), to promise such things is just false lies, and imo was done to troll fans.

NOTE: THE IS SPOILERS IN THIS POST, SO DONT READ IT IF YOU STILL HAVE NOT FINISHED ME3.

It could of effect the ending alot. instead they choose to give you 3 options that all have the one outcome, i mean do you really think shaped would pick to destory the mass relays knowing all them other races etc would be trapped in sol?. Why didn't they give us an option to save the mass relays etc??. why would you're crew be running away??.  Anyway imo Shaped is knocked out after being hit with the beam. That's why in the good ending you see him breathing, and bioware will give us the rest of the game in an expension pack, Not dlc i hope. as i wouldn't mind paying for an expension pack, but i would be pissed if i had to pay for dlc with the real ending in it.

Like I said. It doesn't matter when or how they promise things in a game...you just never listen to them. That should be one of the cardinal rules of gaming.

And really all of what you did in all 3 ME games boiled down to 1 thing in ME3...saving humanity and other races from getting destroyed by the Reapers. There just isn't a whole lot of room for choice there. Really all they could have done is add a few small things in some of those cutscenes that showed the impact of your choices in the games. 

I could have sworn that at least one of the options wouldn't destroy the Mass Relays. As for the crew running away...well I'm not sure. (that could be one of the plot holes or it could be a use your imagination and fill in the blanks) I imagine Bioware made it that way to give a dramatic effect to the end.

Around the Network

hmm, the problems I have with the endings is that they make absolutely no sense and contradict heavily with lore already established early in the game, kinda a shame that such a well written series flops at the climax, I was pretty upset at first, but I'm over it now.

Bioware has been advertising since day 1 how the choices players made would decide how the story concludes, but they didn't deliver in the end, I can understand why people are angry, I do agree Bioware should take a lesson here, but still, ME3 is a great game nonetheless and this kind of backlash is ridiculous.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Never seen such an overreaction before.

You've never seen the "Twilight trailer reaction" videos on youtube I gather? Otherwise, I agree. People should stop whining.

d21lewis said:
It's the journey, not the destination. These people would have killed themselves in the 8-bit era. In those days, you played for hours and all you got was an empty screen saying "The End". I'm not even 10% through Mass Effect 3 but, unless the Xbox 360 literally kicks me in the balls after I beat the game, I don't know how the ending can be as bad as people are making it out to be.

this 100%.

Castelvania, ninja gaiden, contra... They missed the best days of gaming. 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

geeez it's only an ending.
Reminds me of the people who loved LOST and suddenly changed their mind when they saw the last episode....

Around the Network
zero129 said:
menx64 said:
d21lewis said:
It's the journey, not the destination. These people would have killed themselves in the 8-bit era. In those days, you played for hours and all you got was an empty screen saying "The End". I'm not even 10% through Mass Effect 3 but, unless the Xbox 360 literally kicks me in the balls after I beat the game, I don't know how the ending can be as bad as people are making it out to be.

this 100%.

Castelvania, ninja gaiden, contra... They missed the best days of gaming. 

I didn't miss the best days of gaming. i bet im one of the oldest members here (29). I started out on a c64 that used to take like an hour for the tape to load.

Anyways, if you read the quotes from the dev in my other post you will see why i, and many others are upset. If this was any other game, that wasn't a trilogy, i wouldn't be so pissed. But since this game is a trilogy, and something some of us started playing so long ago, and have been waiting for the ending for so long. Only to be handed shit and told to enjoy, well i think you can see where some of us are coming from....

I have to agree. I havent play the game yet (ME3) so I dont have a personal opinion at the moment, but I wouldnt blame anybody who has invested well earned money and time on a trilogy if they feel that the game was what the devs have promised, I can understand a bad game being a bad game, but when we see so many people complaining there has to be something there for sure.

I found this actually and while I spoiled a little bit :9 I think is worth reading it... 

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

**Spoilers inside**

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

d21lewis said:

This 100 times over. It has always been about the journey and not the destination in videogames. Hell even look at other games with terrible endings like Gears of War 2 and God of War 3 they still weren't slammed this hard. This is because people just didn't give a shit mainly because the games were so outright enjoyable to play. Halo 2s ending was also vilified yet a shitstorm of the magnitude in which ME3 has incurred never happened for Halo 2.

But it's an RPG one would argue, so is Diablo and I can tell you those investing 100s of hours into Diablo 2 and playing it on Nightmare difficulty online, last thing on their mind was the ending of the game.

AHAHAHHHAAAAHAHAAAAAAHaAAAA FAil Bioware!!

Yay!!!

If you really want to stick it to Bioware than just Boycott their products or start an online petition. That is the great thing about free speech. Asking for a refund though is like giving a pitbull some steak and then trying to get it back. These companies main goal is try to profit or die-trying.

One thing I want to know: In Mass Effect 2, anybody in the game on your team could die. Anybody.....including Commander Shepherd. What happens if you start ME3 using a file where Shepherd died? Does THAT choice impact the game?