By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Jim Sterling reviews Kid Icarus

I have to clear this up: I hate Jim sterling and think he's a mighty troll...but I kind of agree with him. I played it at GDC this year and while the flying segments were really awesome, the walking segments were a mess. Not to mention holding the system is incredibly tough with that control scheme. I think the second circle pad works instead of a stylus, and if that's the case then it's not so bad, but analog/touch screen controls cannot compare to dual analog.

While I still find it funny that Sterling, as usual, either is the highest or lowest review score by a wide margin, I kind of agree with him here.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Blacksaber said:
It seems this game has a love hate relationship from both average reviews and very high reviews.

Indeed. Just looking at GameRankings I'm finding the following scores:

Official Nintendo Magazine UK 03/19/12 Review 91 out of 100
Nintendo Life 03/19/12 Review 9 out of 10
Eurogamer 03/19/12 Review 9 out of 10
Game Informer 03/19/12 Review 7 out of 10
EGM 03/19/12 Review 8.5 out of 10
IGN 03/19/12 Review 8.5 out of 10
Destructoid 03/19/12 Review 5 out of 10

And then there's also the 40/40 from Famitsu. This game's reviews are all over the place.

I havent been interested in this game since its announcement! every trailer after that looked bad.. this is not the Kid Icarus I was xxpecting.

Smeags said:
Blacksaber said:
It seems this game has a love hate relationship from both average reviews and very high reviews.

And then there's also the 40/40 from Famitsu. This game's reviews are all over the place.

Don't forget the 8 from Edge! But yeah, the reviews are very mixed. Guess I'll find out in a week whether it was worth the money or not.

Smeags said:
Blacksaber said:

Love the sarcasim. I haven't read any of Jim's reviews, but have been recently been listening to the Destructiod podcast and he is pretty amusing on that.

Around the Network

I did not think highly of the original but I still had hope for the sequel. That being said, I'll still have to give it its fair chance.

seems pretty consistent with this review:

Sterling can be good at calling out the bullshit, even if sometimes he's bothered by it more than the average gamer.

Together these reviews are quite a shame for Sakurai, they make him look like a one hit wonder...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

z101 said:
And you are posting this bad written review (seems to be the only review with a bad score) because? You are Jim Sterling and want clicks?

Badly written and no need for the question mark after because.

Who is this Sterling guy and why should I listen to him?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

gumby_trucker said:

Together these reviews are quite a shame for Sakurai, they make him look like a one hit wonder...

Which hit? Kirby or Smash bros?

Love and tolerate.