By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Jim Sterling reviews Kid Icarus

NintendoPie said:
bouzane said:
NintendoPie said:
This is one of his fine reviews? I've never heard of him so I really don't know.
I've herd thought that some places are saying the controls render the game almost un playable. This could be a big thing that discourages sales and good scores. IGN obviously needed to make something up to not look like total stupid people after that Ninja Gaiden Review so I guess they chose this game to make up for it.

The criticisms levied against Ninja Gaiden 3 in IGN's review seem perfectly valid to me even if the score was too low. Did you play Ninja Giaden 3 and come to the conclusion that their perceived flaws were actually absent?

No, have you played it? By the many gameplay and graphics videos I've seen some of their remarks could have easily been written off. The graphics look perfectly fine and the gameplay looks quite sharp.

Yeah, because gameplay looking sharp and actually being sharp are always the same. Same for graphics, you have no idea if there is screen tearing or slowdown.  Fact is he played it and you didnt.  Its funny that people will defend a game they havent even PLAYED just because it comes from their fav company

Around the Network
oniyide said:
NintendoPie said:
bouzane said:
NintendoPie said:
This is one of his fine reviews? I've never heard of him so I really don't know.
I've herd thought that some places are saying the controls render the game almost un playable. This could be a big thing that discourages sales and good scores. IGN obviously needed to make something up to not look like total stupid people after that Ninja Gaiden Review so I guess they chose this game to make up for it.

The criticisms levied against Ninja Gaiden 3 in IGN's review seem perfectly valid to me even if the score was too low. Did you play Ninja Giaden 3 and come to the conclusion that their perceived flaws were actually absent?

No, have you played it? By the many gameplay and graphics videos I've seen some of their remarks could have easily been written off. The graphics look perfectly fine and the gameplay looks quite sharp.

Yeah, because gameplay looking sharp and actually being sharp are always the same. Same for graphics, you have no idea if there is screen tearing or slowdown.  Fact is he played it and you didnt.  Its funny that people will defend a game they havent even PLAYED just because it comes from their fav company

It isn't my fav company, Zing!

Also, I didn't know he played it. How'd you know? Did he announce it somewhere?

NintendoPie said:
oniyide said:
NintendoPie said:
bouzane said:
NintendoPie said:

It isn't my fav company, Zing!

Also, I didn't know he played it. How'd you know? Did he announce it somewhere?

I was referring to your comment about IGN's review. As for bouzane, if neither of you have played it, then there really isnt room to talk.

I wasnt directly reffering to you about fav companies. obviously with your name its safe to assume what you like. I was just talking in general

I guess he ran out Vita games to bash - I wonder if this man is truly serious.

I don't remember where I stated that I played NG3. I simply stated, and I quote "The criticisms levied against Ninja Gaiden 3 in IGN's review seem perfectly valid to me ". Note the qualifier "seem", as in the criticisms appear to be valid but I am unable to confirm or deny them as I have yet to play the game. I swear that reading comprehension is non existent in online discussion. Furthermore, it's painfully obvious that you, NintendoPie, have either not actually read the review or are entirely too concerned with the graphics in video games as a whole. The majority of the complaints in the review were about flaws such as ridiculously easy enemies, boring boss battles and an obtrusive, poorly told narrative. I don't know why you focused on defending NG3's graphics in an effort to discredit IGN's review when in fact the graphical quality of the title in question was not the focus of the aforementioned criticism.

Around the Network
MattyPeq said:
This game is getting mixed reviews. It's not like it's only Sterling.
Gamexplain gave it a 6. Game Informer a 7. Then it got some 9's.
Who knows.....

Sometimes I wonder if Gamestop hates selling Nintendo products.  You would think that they wouldn't care what they are selling but it always seems like they have a hidden agenda against Nintendo.

sethnintendo said:
MattyPeq said:
Who knows.....

Sometimes I wonder if Gamestop hates selling Nintendo products.  You would think that they wouldn't care what they are selling but it always seems like they have a hidden agenda against Nintendo.

It's obvious. It's also obvious that everyone who works there hates Nintendo.

NintendoPie said:
sethnintendo said:
MattyPeq said:
Who knows.....

Probably made some of them lose a year of their life due to stress during the last Smash Bros. midnight release.  Sometimes I can see them cringe when I bring up any future Nintendo release.  There is one semi genuine employee at one of my local Gamestop that doesn't seem to put a fake smile on for me.  I hardly go though and usually get most of my games (usually new but older generations used) from Amazon.  The best thing about Amazon is that usually no one can fuck with their new and used prices on video games.

sethnintendo said:
NintendoPie said:

Probably made some of them lose a year of their life due to stress during the last Smash Bros. midnight release.  Sometimes I can see them cringe when I bring up any future Nintendo release.  There is one semi genuine employee at one of my local Gamestop that doesn't seem to put a fake smile on for me.  I hardly go though and usually get most of my games (usually new but older generations used) from Amazon.  The best thing about Amazon is that usually no one can fuck with their new and used prices on video game prices.

You should see the people at my store! Ahhh, they think they are too clever. I also get that cringe, it's quite hilarious. I've once mentioned while my brother was buying MW3 that "I don't by crap games like that, quality is what I buy. Nintendo is what I buy." (Obviously I didn't mean MW3 was total crap it was more of an experiment.) I got a stare and then a cringe and then he ignored me. Needless to say my experiment had worked!

RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:

You should see the people at my store! Ahhh, they think they are too clever. I also get that cringe, it's quite hilarious. I've once mentioned while my brother was buying MW3 that "I don't by crap games like that, quality is what I buy. Nintendo is what I buy." (Obviously I didn't mean MW3 was total crap it was more of an experiment.) I got a stare and then a cringe and then he ignored me. Needless to say my experiment had worked!

He probably thought that you are a kid who is pissed, because you aren't allowed to buy a game like MW3.

Or maybe he knew that he was rooting for the wrong side and he didn't want to admit it. That wasn't it though, I'm tall enough to be known that I'm above the age of 13.