By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Radical aiming for around 4 million sales for Prototype 2

Videogamer

Prototype 2 has a sales target of around four million copies, twice that of the first game, Radical Entertainment studio VP Dave Fracchia has told MCV .

"We sold 2.1 million copies of the first game and our expectations are much higher for this one," Fracchia told MCV.

He added: "I would roughly say we're looking at between 1.5 to two times [the sales of prototype]. I would obviously like to see it higher than that."

Sales will be helped by the fact the April competition has dissipated.

"There were a few games that were getting hints about potentially being released during April, but they've all kind of moved, so we literally own April," concluded Fracchia.

Prototype 2 will be released April 24.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/prototype_2/news/radical_aiming_for_around_4_million_sales_for_prototype_2.html

Around the Network

It won't achieve those sales.

bit overtracked

Not a chance. It will only get 75% of the original games sales.

Excuse me while I laugh out loud.

Around the Network
Spedfrom said:
Excuse me while I laugh out loud.

This guy knows a good joke.

The first one only sold well-ish due to hype. Prototype is a dirty name compared to it's sales, best off forgetting about the IP altogether and starting fresh imo.

I'm probably one of the few people who consider Prototype one of their favourite games ever. I'm sure it won't do nearly as well as they hope, but I'd love to see it do at least decent.

It will sell less than the first.

I think this game will probably struggle to achieve 2 million.

Proto-what?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’