By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think it's safe to say the PS3 is the definitive graphics king for this gen

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Michael-5 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Michael-5 said:

I said this before, and many people agreed, but people kept arguing. Graphics are subjective, to some people Forza will be the best looking game because of the most evolved and realistic lighting engine, however there is no water in the game, and very little to model. To others it will be Uncharted 3 because of the sand and vegetation animations. Others will like Gears 3 for the high texture detail, etc.

but but but Why are doing something like this http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4476099???

He thinks GT5>Forza 4. It his opinion? so what's the problem with it. I thought you don't have any trouble in accepting one's opinion??

Oh I accept it, just wanted to say "Really? Wow....unusual/unexpected."

Please! the tone of your post. "But really GT 5>Forza 4?" and there's also no need to post your list. He never asked for it and seeing you being vocal about it so there's no need.

I thought you and the others are already in agreement that different person has a different opinion so what's unexpected or unusual about him telling GT5> Forza 4? It's his opinion. There's nothing unusual about it. It's HIS opinion.

Oh please, I'm not saying he is wrong, and it's not like 2/3rds this thread isn't people telling me "Gears 3>GoW3? Your wrong."

Also I only posted a list in hopes others would to because it's interesting to see how peoples opinions differ.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

We really don't need 19 pages to prove why PS3 has the best graphics. I tought many people accepted this fact.

GoW3 looks so fukkin good, I forgot how amazing it is!

Michael-5 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Michael-5 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Really? Look how low-res those textures are (right click -> fullscreen), not to mention that the background is blurred out Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the game will be gorgeous when it's finished, but at the moment Gears 3 looks much better than this, never mind any other graphical-powerhouse console franchise.) Also, I don't really think press shots shoud be in this thread, but hey I can't control that. 

Anyway, since this thread is still alive here's some more God of War 3 shots showing off that sexy lighting, the last one isn't straight from a gamer capturing the screens but they're from a Digital Foundry article, so we can safely assume they're legit. (Sadface because I can't find any Hades screenshots, my favourite moment in the game)

I'm sorry you mock a bit of texture blur and return with a photo of sharp angles? Just look at that green light streak....

LOL are you serious? You must be trolling, you must. 

Anyway, too much talking and too few pictures! 

LOL, sorry this made me laugh.

Did you not forget I agreed Uncharted 3 was the best? Well I think Forza is better, but I really won't argue most people thinking UC3 is best.

My comment was against GoW. In half a year, lets see what Halo 4 turns out to be like.

I know what game your comment was about and it's a rather pathetic one mate. 

My face when reading Michael-5 comments in this thread..

Sal.Paradise said:
Michael-5 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Michael-5 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Really? Look how low-res those textures are (right click -> fullscreen), not to mention that the background is blurred out Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the game will be gorgeous when it's finished, but at the moment Gears 3 looks much better than this, never mind any other graphical-powerhouse console franchise.) Also, I don't really think press shots shoud be in this thread, but hey I can't control that. 

Anyway, since this thread is still alive here's some more God of War 3 shots showing off that sexy lighting, the last one isn't straight from a gamer capturing the screens but they're from a Digital Foundry article, so we can safely assume they're legit. (Sadface because I can't find any Hades screenshots, my favourite moment in the game)

I'm sorry you mock a bit of texture blur and return with a photo of sharp angles? Just look at that green light streak....

LOL are you serious? You must be trolling, you must. 

Anyway, too much talking and too few pictures! 

LOL, sorry this made me laugh.

Did you not forget I agreed Uncharted 3 was the best? Well I think Forza is better, but I really won't argue most people thinking UC3 is best.

My comment was against GoW. In half a year, lets see what Halo 4 turns out to be like.

I know what game your comment was about and it's a rather pathetic one mate. 

My face when reading Michael-5 comments in this thread..

and mine..Common already attacking Halo?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Around the Network

Wait a minute...where are all the 360 game screenshots if people are trying to debate this issue? Tired of seeing this thread still going.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Please stop this thread. Ugh I hate people who just wants attention.

Yay!!!

Chark said:
Wait a minute...where are all the 360 game screenshots if people are trying to debate this issue? Tired of seeing this thread still going.

There are Forza 4 bullshots, Forza 3 images that the poster told me 'don't count because he found them quickly on google images' and Gears 3 images being compared to the Uncharted 3 free multiplayer beta rather than the finished game. 

It's pretty clear what the situation is, really. 

What looks better or what looks best is as subjective as saying what SMELLS or what TASTES better.....pointless to argue personal feelings & subjectivity.

What CAN be debated are things like POLYGON model counts and sizes...GFLOP output...#s of lighting and shading algorithms....etc.

With that, it is clear that the mantle of console TECHNICAL MARVELS belongs to the PS3.

Technologically, PS3 is overall more powerful than the XBOX 360, even if only by slight margin.....There is no argument.

That my friends is fact.

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Please stop this thread. Ugh I hate people who just wants attention.

Okay.

BTW 360 screenshots were a while back, and Gears 3/Forza 4 looked damn good. PS3 fans just can't get what they want so they are photobombing the thread until they get their way.

Now on to Mass Effect 2 (then 3!)