By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think it's safe to say the PS3 is the definitive graphics king for this gen

There's been a lot of debate going back and forth of who's really the graphics king for consoles (go away pc gamers you don't belong in this thread!). With game after game out doing itself (graphically) it's hard to compete. Some how naughty dog outdoing themselves with Uncharted, I remember how surprised i was first seeing Uncharted, it's nothing now compared to Uncharted 3.

Also how huge God of War was. 

And now the new tech demo from the great creators of Heavy Rain shows off the power of the PS3 once more with an amazing looking video.

Heavy rain pic

Now don't get me wrong, the Xbox 360 sure put up a great fight. Alan Wake, Gear of War, Forza all amazing looking games, as close as some of them are the PS3 came out the winner as the best. I think it's time to finally put a nail in the coffin for this one.

Around the Network

Let's just wait and see 'till we learn more about what the Wii-U can really do.

Exclusives.. yes

Multiplats no

Yay!!!

no contest Gilgamesh unless you include PC then PS3 finally has a creditable rival lol.

EpicLight said:

Wii U is a next-gen console.

We're takling current-gen here.

Around the Network

So long as there are fanboys, it will never be safe.

EpicLight said:

Good point, we'll yet have to see if the Wii U can be considered a current-gen or a true next-gen console.

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Exclusives.. yes

Multiplats no

okay? Some multiplats shared with the 360, presumably the bigger ones like CALL OF DUTY look almost half a generation behind graphicly compared to some ps3 exclusives....

mM

Someone should make a 'PS3 graphics appreciation' thread to try and avoid any futile arguments so people can just appreciate the effort put into  PS3 exclusive games visuals. 

Also, Kratos' face looks weird in the OP picture, they upgraded his character model & completely upgraded everything about the visuals since that trailer, here's a picture of him running from a real-time cinematic.

This is Sony Santa Monica's first PS3 game and after 2 years it still looks the best, their next game will be even more mind-blowingly spectacular for a PS3 game like God of War II for PS2 & Ghost of Sparta for PSP... Can't wait.

EpicLight said:

Not sure if serious....

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League