By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think it's safe to say the PS3 is the definitive graphics king for this gen

I'm afraid to say that PS3 is not the winner graphic wise.

Sure, my PS3 can display gorgeous graphics, for its 1st party titles mostly. But when it comes to multiplatform games, Xbox 360 is often better. I went to a friend's house to play Bioshock, CoD, Battlefield and GTA. The image looked better than on the PS3.

I think it is because most multiplats are developped for the 360 then ported to the PS3. It is somewhat sad that the PS3 was limited the whole gen by the 360. This is what happens when you release your console too late Sony!

But I have to agree that Sony's IP looks gorgeous! But Xbox is as good as Sony there. I would really stop this graphic war. It's really stupid because the graphics are the same. Sometimes the image on the PS3 is a tad brighter. So what? Just ajust your TV luminosity...

It is not like last gen when you could actually see the difference: Xbox > NGC > PS2. Now we just fight over a patch of grass or a wrinkes on a character's face... It's getting somewhat pathetic!

Around the Network

No doubt about it. Uncharted 3 and god of war 3 far and away the best looking console games this generation.

NintendoPie said:

Lightning is sooo hot lol. drools

Edit: I like your new avy! Anything Korean is win haha

DaFuQ arent here any Killzone Pics?

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

NintendoPie said:

Yeah, It looks good now until you get a close up of her hands

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

Why don't you put MGS4 pic??
Even I'm Nintendo fanboy, I feel ashame with someone that comparing this gen with Wii U. Lol

Pretty much.

The last of Us should look pretty nice.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

ChristianTheAtheist said:
EpicLight said:
Let's just wait and see 'till we learn more about what the Wii-U can really do.

Good point, we'll yet have to see if the Wii U can be considered a current-gen or a true next-gen console.

Not a good point actually.

If, 

1) Wii U is considered ''current gen'' specswise, then;

1.1) It won't be considered in the current gen estimations( Just as Wii Metroid Prime 3 was never showcased against Chronicles of Riddick)

1.2) It won't be considered in the next gen estimations just as Wii was never a part of the equation

In both of the above cases there is no relevance to the ''wait and see'' statement.

2) Wii U is considered next gen specswise, then;

It will be substantially less powerful than the competition and can therefore only compete in the artistic excellence category

Once again, the subject of ''definitive graphics king'' has no relevance in the above context.

Therefore, by all realistic possibilities, your post makes no sense. I have to conclude that your statement was therefore motivated by a desire to enjoy a snide remark at the expense of loyal Nintendo supporters.

I will spare you a report to the mods, but you sir are treading on thin ice.

Gilmour said:
I
It is not like last gen when you could actually see the difference: Xbox > NGC > PS2. Now we just fight over a patch of grass or a wrinkes on a character's face... It's getting somewhat pathetic!

Aw man, I thought my pictures of detailed architecture, sumptuous character models, 1000 feet titans and desert vistas were a little more convincing than that. 

Attoyou said:

Pretty much.

The last of Us should look pretty nice.

I've got a great gif of that same place!

TadpoleJackson said:
Ignoring the PC is like saying England is the best country as long as you don't count the US.

Very few people estimate England to be a 'best' country. Nor is it very wonderful to live there if one considers the high childhood depression and climate. The picture becomes even more bleak when one considers the superiority agenda led by British academic institutions. Incredible to see that their work has had such a profound impact on opinion.

And no-one in their right mind would consider a country that will never be able to repay it's debt a king.