By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424
archbrix said:
VicViper said:
Salnax said:
VicViper said:
For Wii U to have a great launch it must have a defining game.
People say Vita's launch was great, and it was, but lacked the most important thing, it's Mario 64 (or Super Mario World, or Halo, or Wii Sports). UNcharted is probably great but did not fulfilled this role.

So I say, it all depends on that single game (plus others to back him up). The tablet tech will help Nintendo as those games are normally achieved when different experiences or tech unite with great gameplay. And for great gameplay Nintendo knows a thing or two...

Thing is, I don't think many systems actually have a Mario 64 at launch. The only recent example I can think of is the Wii, which had Twilight Princess and Wii Sports. The launches of the Vita, 3DS, 360, PS3, DS, and PSP seem to indicate that great launches as you define them are rare beasts.

Oh yeah, it's hard as hell to get that "beast". But if people are talking "best launch ever" it has to have that game!

Like the Wii, I think that Wii U has more chance to getting something like that than the rest of consoles, exclusively because of the new controller. But it's still very very hard.

Excellent points from both of you.

I've said the same thing as VivViper many times before:  WiiU needs a game that does for it what Wii Sports did for the Wii.  Being that we are talking about new tech here (a new control interface/alternate view/streaming ability), it must at least have that one game that successfully proves itself as a new way to play games... and including it with the console would be wise as well.

I think they have that....The game ends with MII or WII whatever is called. It was displayed.

Around the Network

I can't believe the low score in that review. Weird enough it's the lowest one so far. I don't trust him. I'm still going to buy the game regardless what the reviews say. I can tweak the controls to my liking, plus I mostly play my 3DS down on a surface, so I don't see the problem.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
I can't believe the low score in that review. Weird enough it's the lowest one so far. I don't trust him. I'm still going to buy the game regardless what the reviews say. I can tweak the controls to my liking, plus I mostly play my 3DS down on a surface, so I don't see the problem.

He's the same guy who gave MK7 and Sonic Color a 5/10.... so yeah... no comment :P

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

spurgeonryan said:

"Wii U is kind of a special case," Kojima said via translator at a press Q&A last week. "The way the player interacts with the device is very different than any other device out there. So if I were to make a game for the Wii U, it would have to be a unique game."

"That oughta keep the fuckers from asking me if I'm going to work on the damned system."

archbrix said:
spurgeonryan said:
archbrix said:

I've said the same thing as VivViper many times before:  WiiU needs a game that does for it what Wii Sports did for the Wii.  Being that we are talking about new tech here (a new control interface/alternate view/streaming ability), it must at least have that one game that successfully proves itself as a new way to play games... and including it with the console would be wise as well.

@ this point in time, I think that the Wii U can have multiple launch window games that are on par with Wii sports. They have been working on this system since obviously well before lst years E3. Who would not pick this thing up with Pikmin 3, Wii U sports, and another surprise from Nintendo all before Christmas? Not too mention all the 3rd party games that even if they are ports should have better graphics. Even Ninja Gaiden has plenty of time to be worked on.

Also when I said above who wouldn't want to buy a Wii U with all of that, what about the console itself? You are getting the console and what is basically a tablet and possibly more (free downloaded games, wii motion controller etc.) for a decent price of 299-349 dollars. This is going to be the must have of the year, kids who's parents say cannot have an ipad will now be able to have a tablet, Nintendo's console games drought will finally be over! How long has it been since we have had more than one big Nintendo game? I am ready. How about you guys?

Buying the system for you, I and the legions of Nintendo fans is a no-brainer.  But Nintendo needs to appeal to the people who would be just as willing to buy a $249 blu-ray playing PS3 with an enormous library this holiday.  By having a 1st party game that has mass appeal and utilizes the new controller and the console's streaming abilities, Nintendo can effectively demonstrate that WiiU houses entertainment that the other consoles simply can't do.

The Wii is a perfect example of having a great launch game for you and I in Twilight Princess, but also Wii Sports that sells people on the new tech.

To be honest, doesn't WiiU have all the games that Wii has? That's one of the reasons why I'm getting it: I'll still be able to play all my Wii games!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
archbrix said:

Buying the system for you, I and the legions of Nintendo fans is a no-brainer.  But Nintendo needs to appeal to the people who would be just as willing to buy a $249 blu-ray playing PS3 with an enormous library this holiday.  By having a 1st party game that has mass appeal and utilizes the new controller and the console's streaming abilities, Nintendo can effectively demonstrate that WiiU houses entertainment that the other consoles simply can't do.

The Wii is a perfect example of having a great launch game for you and I in Twilight Princess, but also Wii Sports that sells people on the new tech.

To be honest, doesn't WiiU have all the games that Wii has? That's one of the reasons why I'm getting it: I'll still be able to play all my Wii games!

Sure, but to play the PS3's enormous library you need a PS3.  To play the Wii's library, you don't need a WiiU, only a Wii.

Nintendo needs to give the non-loyal new system buyers a reason to choose WiiU other than Wii backwards compatibility.

Kojima wants to introduce Snake to the "younger audience" (Wii audience)

lol

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

"Will Skyward Sword via the game ending glitch or the controls or anything else about the game make you think twice about purchasing the next Zelda?"

Absolutely not;  Zelda is my favorite series and I loved Skyward Sword.

Having said that, I really hope that if they go with motion controls again, they do a lot of refining.  I liked the way that slashing in certain directions/angles was necessary for boss battles and other key instances.  However, having to wave my arm around every frick'n time I just wanted to cut some grass got old real fast.  Personally, I hope that they relegate the sword motion controls to emphasizing finishing and special moves (spin attack, etc) and return Link's basic sword swipe to good old button pressing again.

In any case, I also hope that Link can actually run while swinging his sword ala Twilight Princess instead of having to stand still like he does in Skyward Sword... I hated that.

Well, if it takes off like the Wii did, which I doubt will happen, hopefully they'll learn from their past mistakes and not go for 18 months without releasing a single high-profile game. As is exactly what happened in between Brawl (March '08) and NSMB Wii (Nov '09). That was the worst. But I think Nintendo has learned it's lesson, and since the industry is MUCH more competitive now than it was back in 2006, I think they'll do with the Wii U exactly what they're doing with the 3DS. Putting as much effort as possible into pumping out a steady flow of AAA games to satisfy the fans, while at the same time putting more emphasis than ever on the digital side to attract more people to the eShop.

spurgeonryan said:

Just send me a request and this song could be on your wall in mere minutes in auto play form!

Angie Griffin's Pokeballs are the only reason to watch this video.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger