By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424

I really wish those 3DS's weren't limited time and only available in Japan. I love them. -.-

Around the Network

I would give a kidney for that toad 3DS. But only if I was a freak born with 3 kidneys. If not I would give 250 euros or so.

But I really liked that Kotaku article about Kid Icarus, it really makes sense and I approve the change in names, they are much better.

archbrix said:
DanneSandin said:
archbrix said:

Buying the system for you, I and the legions of Nintendo fans is a no-brainer.  But Nintendo needs to appeal to the people who would be just as willing to buy a $249 blu-ray playing PS3 with an enormous library this holiday.  By having a 1st party game that has mass appeal and utilizes the new controller and the console's streaming abilities, Nintendo can effectively demonstrate that WiiU houses entertainment that the other consoles simply can't do.

The Wii is a perfect example of having a great launch game for you and I in Twilight Princess, but also Wii Sports that sells people on the new tech.

To be honest, doesn't WiiU have all the games that Wii has? That's one of the reasons why I'm getting it: I'll still be able to play all my Wii games!

Sure, but to play the PS3's enormous library you need a PS3.  To play the Wii's library, you don't need a WiiU, only a Wii.

Nintendo needs to give the non-loyal new system buyers a reason to choose WiiU other than Wii backwards compatibility.

All true - but what I'm saying is that it won't be bad for WiiU to have backward comp. :)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I think it'll do okay. Probably not amazing but you never know, we don't have a Japan Pre-orders list.

archbrix said:

"Will Skyward Sword via the game ending glitch or the controls or anything else about the game make you think twice about purchasing the next Zelda?"

Absolutely not;  Zelda is my favorite series and I loved Skyward Sword.

Having said that, I really hope that if they go with motion controls again, they do a lot of refining.  I liked the way that slashing in certain directions/angles was necessary for boss battles and other key instances.  However, having to wave my arm around every frick'n time I just wanted to cut some grass got old real fast.  Personally, I hope that they relegate the sword motion controls to emphasizing finishing and special moves (spin attack, etc) and return Link's basic sword swipe to good old button pressing again.

In any case, I also hope that Link can actually run while swinging his sword ala Twilight Princess instead of having to stand still like he does in Skyward Sword... I hated that.

What I can see them doing is something like Epic (think it was Epic) has done for the iPhone and Infinite Blade: using your touch screen as your sword. You just toch the screen the way you wanna swing you sword...

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Rumor: Wii U mentioned for E3 show floor plans

This is an interesting find right here. Someone over at Neogaf has noticed that the Wii U shows up under different categories during companies plans on the show floor. If true, looks like the Wii U will be seen all over the place.

Accessories > Nintendo Wii U

Hyperkin, Inc.
http://hyperkin.com/

Action > Nintendo Wii U

Capcom U.S.A., Inc.
http://www.capcom.com

Casual Games > Nintendo Wii U

Bigben Interactive
http://www.bigben.eu/

Distributor > Nintendo Wii U

GAMEWORLD DISTRIBUTORS
http://www.gameworlddistributors.com/

Mecca Electronic Ind. Inc.
http://www.meccaelect.com/

Proximo Games LLC
http://www.proximogames.com/

Family/Children’s Entertainment > Nintendo Wii U

Bigben Interactive

Fitness > Nintendo Wii U

Bigben Interactive

Hardware > Nintendo Wii U

Internet Product/Service > Nintendo Wii U

Pole To Win
http://www.poletowinamerica.com/

Manufacturing > Nintendo Wii U

LevelUp
http://www.levelupgear.com/

Peripherals > Nintendo Wii U

Retail > Nintendo Wii U

Pole To Win
Proximo Games LLC

Sports > Nintendo Wii U
Bigben Interactive

Link

Looks like Nintendo really are covering all their bases!

spurgeonryan said:
PSwii60 said:
Zelda, day one purchase for me. Also, I can't believe people don't want their tablet usable outside your home. I personally think it'd be awesome to at least play apps on it, or games while away from Wii U...
Now, it would be awesome to connect to have it connected to Wii U via wi-fi outside your home, like let's say Starbucks or some place.

But I guess I see the conflict with 3DS. Whatever.

If I could play a game of Smash Bros Wii U edition at Mcdonalds while I was chowing down on a number 4 with no mustard, extra ketchup and onions, low salt on fries and an amount of ice in my diet coke that would be out of this world awesome! But that would probably be a little too much to ask of Nintendo. Still being able to play lets say Luigis Mansion as a download game at Mcdonalds or anywhere else would be pretty neat as well. Forget the 3DS! That thing makes me think I am just texting the games I play on it, way to small. If they do not show a 3DSXL at E3 this year the Wii U tablet may become my new handheld.

:P Ninpie

Yeah, it's probably asking too much... It would still be great to at least play download app/games on there while on the go, though; but like I said, I do see the conflict, and the confusion it may bring

Also, to the bolded. I swear I read that wrong.. maybe 'cuz of the word 'pie' in it. LOL

DanneSandin said:
archbrix said:

"Will Skyward Sword via the game ending glitch or the controls or anything else about the game make you think twice about purchasing the next Zelda?"

Having said that, I really hope that if they go with motion controls again, they do a lot of refining.  I liked the way that slashing in certain directions/angles was necessary for boss battles and other key instances.  However, having to wave my arm around every frick'n time I just wanted to cut some grass got old real fast.  Personally, I hope that they relegate the sword motion controls to emphasizing finishing and special moves (spin attack, etc) and return Link's basic sword swipe to good old button pressing again.

In any case, I also hope that Link can actually run while swinging his sword ala Twilight Princess instead of having to stand still like he does in Skyward Sword... I hated that.

What I can see them doing is something like Epic (think it was Epic) has done for the iPhone and Infinite Blade: using your touch screen as your sword. You just toch the screen the way you wanna swing you sword...

I can already say that I personally would hate that...

I think they're on the right track with SS, if they just eased up on the reliance on motion for every single action of the sword.  Buttons work beautifully for certain commands, just as motion has no equal in games like Wii Sports.  What I'm picturing is something more akin to No More Heroes (only better, not just circle motions); where button pressing does the majority of the attacks and the motion moves are there to emphasize the final moves or specific strikes against specific enemies. 

Basic sword swipes = button pressing.  Finishing moves, spin attacks, etc = motion.

Mario Galaxy is the perfect example of how to combine motion with traditional gameplay, IMO.  Using motion to do Mario's spin feels perfect, and it's brilliantly executed.  But imagine how much it would suck if you had to flick the remote upward to jump.

archbrix said:
DanneSandin said:
archbrix said:

I think they're on the right track with SS, if they just eased up on the reliance on motion for every single action of the sword.  Buttons work beautifully for certain commands, just as motion has no equal in games like Wii Sports.  What I'm picturing is something more akin to No More Heroes (only better, not just circle motions); where button pressing does the majority of the attacks and the motion moves are there to emphasize the final moves or specific strikes against specific enemies. 

Basic sword swipes = button pressing.  Finishing moves, spin attacks, etc = motion.

Mario Galaxy is the perfect example of how to combine motion with traditional gameplay, IMO.  Using motion to do Mario's spin feels perfect, and it's brilliantly executed.  But imagine how much it would suck if you had to flick the remote upward to jump.

Sounds as if you've been doing some thinking about this - and it sounds well thought out and good! I can only agree :)

DanneSandin said:
archbrix said:

Sounds as if you've been doing some thinking about this - and it sounds well thought out and good! I can only agree :)

Thanks.  I just hope that Nintendo has been doing some thinking about it as well.

But I could be in the minority on the subject.