By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424
archbrix said:
DanneSandin said:
archbrix said:

I can already say that I personally would hate that...

I think they're on the right track with SS, if they just eased up on the reliance on motion for every single action of the sword.  Buttons work beautifully for certain commands, just as motion has no equal in games like Wii Sports.  What I'm picturing is something more akin to No More Heroes (only better, not just circle motions); where button pressing does the majority of the attacks and the motion moves are there to emphasize the final moves or specific strikes against specific enemies. 

Basic sword swipes = button pressing.  Finishing moves, spin attacks, etc = motion.

Mario Galaxy is the perfect example of how to combine motion with traditional gameplay, IMO.  Using motion to do Mario's spin feels perfect, and it's brilliantly executed.  But imagine how much it would suck if you had to flick the remote upward to jump.

Sounds as if you've been doing some thinking about this - and it sounds well thought out and good! I can only agree :)

Thanks.  I just hope that Nintendo has been doing some thinking about it as well.

But I could be in the minority on the subject.

I think you're spot on abou running and swinging your sword, and that "minor" swinging could be done by buttons. But what I really hope they fix for the next game are the actual motion censors... They're not as good as they can be! I've found myfels swinging in one direction, and Link the opposite one!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
VicViper said:
I would give a kidney for that toad 3DS. But only if I was a freak born with 3 kidneys. If not I would give 250 euros or so.

But I really liked that Kotaku article about Kid Icarus, it really makes sense and I approve the change in names, they are much better.

Has anyone made predictions on what they think Kid Icarus is going to sell in Japan this coming week?  I am excited to find out!

I don't think I heard any, and it's hard to predict anything about a "new" IP. But my guess would be something in the 100k in japan. Maybe 120. That would be good numbers, imo.

DanneSandin said

I think you're spot on abou running and swinging your sword, and that "minor" swinging could be done by buttons. But what I really hope they fix for the next game are the actual motion censors... They're not as good as they can be! I've found myfels swinging in one direction, and Link the opposite one!

Same here.  One problem I ran into a lot was, when I wanted to strike an enemy, say, from the right, I had to position my hand to the right for said strike.  However in doing so, the motion of the positioning would cause Link to first strike from the left, which was punishing in certain battles.

I wish America had got those DSi XL Colors! They are so prettay!

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

Ima pull a ninpie and give everyone some cake. Thanks for viewing my thread Charters! I promise to not  post only a little bit of articles and news stories and videos over the next 400 posts. I have no will power.

Hey! Listen.

Aw! What a cute cake! ^_^

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

Ima pull a ninpie and give everyone some cake. Thanks for viewing my thread Charters! I promise to not  post only a little bit of articles and news stories and videos over the next 400 posts. I have no will power.

-cute cake-  Hey! Listen.

Aw! What a cute cake! ^_^

looks like fondont so it probably tastes horrible. very nice looking though.

hey what does this thread look like right now in hot topics? as you click on it a shape forms.  someone should do a psychology thread where people guess the shapes of threads.

Uhh... I don't think I get the comment.

Oh my gosh, when I scrolled down it was all black like that horrible day on your old thread! I thought this thread had died too. O_O Thank goodness it was just that it hadn't loaded all the way!

Wait... It's there to cut the support for the bridge? What?

Mind is indeed blown.

In memory of Topless Avatars Pertaining to Hotness and Titilation (TAPTHAT).

3DS friend code: 5155 - 2983 - 3034

Kangi said:

Wait... It's there to cut the support for the bridge? What?

Mind is indeed blown.

HAHA! At first she looks like she is trying to throwup! XD

Mind does = blown though! O_O

I think it does mean something bad... XD