By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smsh Bros Delayed?

I hope not.  From Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/343267/smash-bros-brawl-pushed-to-march

Around the Network

*Gasp* Maybe they are adding Leon?

Damn, less time to play this on my roomates Wii before he moves away. Is anyone going to try and use the Wii controls or are they going to use GC controllers? I have been surprised how well Wii controls have worked on some games I thought it wouldn't, particularly Metroid Prime, but I consider this game to be more or less handicapped by the Wii mote based on button layouts I have seen.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Delayed? (plugs fingers in ears) I can't hear you, I can't hear you

sucks but i kinda saw it coming

Around the Network

Definitely the Gamecube pad. I love the Wiimote for certain games but I do wish developers would concentrate a bit more on traditional controls for those that want them. I'll be very disappointed if Mario Kart turns out to be motion controlled only.

The delay does seem likely to be true.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=15073

Retailers have begun listing new release dates in early March. No word yet from Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl, one of the most highly anticipated games of this or any other year, was already delayed from late 2007 until February 10 for North America. Now, reports are pointing to yet another delay, this time to the second week of March.

GameFly, the online game rental service that works much like Netflix, now lists a release date of 03/12/2008 for the game. GameCrazy, the game retailer affiliated with Hollywood Video stores, is listing 03/31/2008, but release dates on the last day of a month typically mean the game could be released at any time during that month. Other major online retailers, including EBgames.com, Outpost.com, Amazon.com, and Walmart.com, are still displaying the February 10 date.

However, Nintendo World Report has learned from a trusted source, who wishes to remain anonymous, that Wal-Mart's corporate database has indeed been updated to reflect an early March release for Brawl. With the world's largest retailer expecting a delay for the game, it can only be a matter of time before Nintendo makes an official announcement of Brawl's new release date.

They won't delay the game, they already delayed it once, if they did it again it would make fans really mad.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

All this crap started from a single online store having an old placeholder date up. Nothing worth getting your pants in a knot for.

Even if it does get delayed, I'm not overly worried since we in Europe are getting this late as fuck anyway. -_-

GG at Nintendo delaying games when delays are supposedly delaying the inevitable. All in all I am fine with the delay if the game is more polished. This game has some big shoes to fill considering how great Melee was.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

That's the only source I trust. :P

Let's see....

10 Feb, 2008. Good. :)