By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@ akuma: I agree that I want the game to be as polished as possible and that it has a lot to live up to. Maybe I spoke to soon when I said I hope not, but I was still reeling from the initial shock.

As for your other question, I bought a Wavebird controller off ebay as soon as I heard GC controllers would be compatible and that the wavebird had been discontinued. Ill definitely try out the other modes of control, but I'm pretty certain the good ole 'cube controller will be hard to beat; glad I got the one and only 1st party wireless model while they're still easy to find.

Around the Network
KTurbo said:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

That's the only source I trust. :P

Let's see....

10 Feb, 2008. Good. :)

Amen.

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

I don't understand why Nintendo do this time after time. They were clearly never going to make the original release date as they want a good polished product so why not announce something realistic? Then if it's ready quicker than expected they can please fans by bringing forward the release instead of announcing endless delays. Their current tendancy to delay and delay just creates badwill.

Since we're now just a month away, I would be surprised if there was a delay of a month or more announced, maybe a week or two if they're slow on the manufacturing front. Also, I thought it had gone gold in Japan already?

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

SuperDave said:
Since we're now just a month away, I would be surprised if there was a delay of a month or more announced, maybe a week or two if they're slow on the manufacturing front. Also, I thought it had gone gold in Japan already?

Isn't the release date in Japan 24th January?

Around the Network

It is indeed the 24th, but I wouldn't put it past them to delay the NA rlease while keeping the Japan one the same. A good (if not hopeful) theory about why they might do that: one word, two syllables, VOICECHAT.  Aren't we Americans more into online play?  Wouldn't everyone accept this delay if that were the cause?  I know I would--nothing makes me happier than talking trash to someone after killing them with the Ice Climbers or the like of arguably crappy characters.  And no, the taunts are not enough.

I never really understood the desire for voicechat in a game like Smash Brothers. I mean, I can understand voicechat in a co-op online game like Medal of Honour, but what exactly do I need to say to someone in Smash Brothers......"Look at that, I just jumped in the air and threw a turtle shell at you?"

I dunno, seems rather unecessary imo.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

Voice chat is not worth a one month delay for me, I couldn't handle another delay.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Parokki said:
Even if it does get delayed, I'm not overly worried since we in Europe are getting this late as fuck anyway. -_-

Tell me: how does it feel to constantly be eating the Nintendo table scraps from North America and Japan?

I'd be furious if I was a Nintendo owner in Europe. I looked at some of the release dates for upcoming games/recently released games and it's literally months late in some cases.

Yuck. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Its not delayed again. The game is already gold. Sheesh you guys. Believe everything that is thrown at you? This rumor came about because GameFly had it tagged as a March release date. Dont trust GameFly for release dates. The game is being released in Japan in 2 weeks. That is not enough time to add new content. The game is currently being printed as we speak. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!