By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Convince me to buy PS VITA!

FattyDingDong said:

ok i got a 300$ amazon gift card for my birthday. i don't know what to spend it on. I really wanna get the new slim xbox 360 because im tired of my old 360 but i also like the new ps vita thing..  the thing is i dont wanna buy it to play games since it doesnt really have any good games they all suck imo, i just like the awsome screen it looks sick.

please help me decide?  will there be any good games for the vita? or should i just upgrade to a Slim xbox 360.

Buy a Vita if you're smart, buy a 360 if you just wanna change the façade of your current console lmao.

Around the Network
FattyDingDong said:

ok i got a 300$ amazon gift card for my birthday. i don't know what to spend it on. I really wanna get the new slim xbox 360 because im tired of my old 360 but i also like the new ps vita thing..  the thing is i dont wanna buy it to play games since it doesnt really have any good games they all suck imo, i just like the awsome screen it looks sick.

please help me decide?  will there be any good games for the vita? or should i just upgrade to a Slim xbox 360.

I think you have your answer. Above all else, the Vita is a gaming machine. If you just want to look at it, you're basically buying a really expensive paperweight. I personally am interested in getting one as there are a few games (specifically Wipeout 2048) that I would like to get, but I won't bother until it is much cheaper. That way, I don't have to worry about potential issues that launch consoles typically have, and there will be more cheap games available.

RolStoppable said:
Ajescent said:

Haven't you heard? The Vita needs saving and the members of VGchartz are the folks to do it.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=140801&page=1# 

How low does the Vita need to go in weekly worldwide hardware sales to justify talk about it needing to be saved? Sub 100k? It's going to be there in less than two months.

For something that's less than a month old in the west and less than a year old in the East, I think it's not doing that badly. It pisses me off no end that people can't fathom the idea that the sales of one week don't reflect the sales of next week, the same for one month and the next. My advice, wait till Christmas, wait till new things are announced/released and it's been allowed to settle worldwide THEN call in the pallbearers.

Didn't the 3DS have the same "problems" after its first couple of months? how did that turn out?

Wasn't the ps3 meant to be discontinued (according to VGC folks anyway) because it was "failing"? how did that turn out?

My advice is just be patient, it won't kill anyone to wait more than the metaphorical 10mins before calling something doomed. It drives me up the wall how many armchair analysts there are on here.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

FattyDingDong said:

the thing is i dont wanna buy it to play games since it doesnt really have any good games they all suck imo, i just like the awsome screen it looks sick.

Really? You expect us to believe this crap? No one is idiotic enough to consider buying a console with no games they like. This is just another addition to your grand catalogue of ridiculously pointless threads.

With that said, buy a Vita. The screen is worth it.

If you have a functional xbox I wouldn't bother getting a new one. I mean, just for some added features? You can get those features by buying a ps3 and then you would have access to a bunch of titles you didn't before. If you don't like the vita games now maybe you should hold off till March 9th for the new reveals coming. You might still have to wait to get them but good games are right on the horizon, not to mention gravity rush in June. You could always wait till the holiday season to get a Vita, they will probably have nice bundles then. Just don't rebut a system you already have. Leave all other advice and follow this.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Ajescent said:

For something that's less than a month old in the west and less than a year old in the East, I think it's not doing that badly. It pisses me off no end that people can't fathom the idea that the sales of one week don't reflect the sales of next week, the same for one month and the next. My advice, wait till Christmas, wait till new things are announced/released and it's been allowed to settle worldwide THEN call in the pallbearers.

Didn't the 3DS have the same "problems" after its first couple of months? how did that turn out?

Wasn't the ps3 meant to be discontinued (according to VGC folks anyway) because it was "failing"? how did that turn out?

My advice is just be patient, it won't kill anyone to wait more than the metaphorical 10mins before calling something doomed. It drives me up the wall how many armchair analysts there are on here.

The Vita won't sell sub 100k in only one week. It will be week after week and month after month, if nothing is done.

The 3DS had the same problems and it required drastic measures to get it back on the initially intended track. The same holds for the PS3 and it will hold true for the Vita.

Like it or not, but the system is in trouble. Of course, the recommended solutions are largely the same across every system, so it can be tiresome to read the obvious time and time again. But to act like the Vita will do fine, that's the real armchair analysis here. I wouldn't mind everything being put in one thread though, because the nature of this site is that with almost every week of slow sales a new thread is opened even though it's clear that the outlook remains identical until the next big event like E3, gamescom etc.

Just so we are clear, I don't think Vita will be teH besT3sT sellinG consolz eva!!! I personally believe the 3DS will rip it a new one in sales but at the same time, I don't think it will only sell 5copies before Sony calls it a day (basically a replay of the PSP/DS match up) 

The way some people type on here is as if they are unaware that Sony doesn't compare to Nintendo in any stretch of the imagination when it comes to handhelds, no one does. When they go crazy at sales just because the Vita isn't doing as well as the 3DS surprises me, it makes me wonder if I'm the only one who sees this. But at the same time, I don't see the craziness in waiting a while before calling something a failure. The Vita hadn't even released before people started calling it a failure, now it's released barely a month has gone by and people are calling it a failure. 

Is it really that much to ask for people to be calm and "wait and see"? 

But the thing that annoys me the most is threads that say "____ things _____ need to do to save the _____" I'm sorry, but who the hell died and made you an expert on the subject? If you are such an expert, what the hell are you doing here?

I realise the above sounds like an incoherent rant so I'll stop now. 

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

RolStoppable said:
I say you are better off by going with a Slim Xbox 360, because that way you can play PS3 games on a big screen.

Pure gold. lol

Back on topic... You should buy a Vita. It's gorgeous.

You don't like any Vita game right now... well, Gravity Rush will be available in little more than two months.

There you go. :)

PlaystaionGamer said:
wow, i expect this user to be banned mods. i get banned for nothin compared to the sh*t some of these 'Comedians' post.

The fact you think this deserves a ban says quite a lot about you and your level of fandom towards a certain company.

fillet said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
wow, i expect this user to be banned mods. i get banned for nothin compared to the sh*t some of these 'Comedians' post.

The fact you think this deserves a ban says quite a lot about you and your level of fandom towards a certain company.

Or it could be he just feels hard done by...I dunno, I'm just guessing.

fillet said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

You obviously don't know Fattydingdong then.

I didn't notice anything wrong at first, and I was going to reply seriously, but after re-reading his post, I sense some subtle trolling. I might be wrong, but his wording, especially when he said "i dont wanna buy it to play games", just doesn't seem right.

Anyway, assuming his post was serious (if not, it could be for other people's benefit), I tried out my friend's Vita at the weekend. I can't really comment on the ergonomics since I crippled my left hand a few hours before playing it, but the hardware and build quality seem great and the UI and menus were surprisingly good. The graphics weren't as good as I expected them to be, the screen is great but it doesn't seem like smoothing is being used, both in game and in the menus. It's a high res screen but there are jaggies everywhere for some reason.