By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Santorum will unmarry all gay couples if he's elected

osamanobama said:
bouzane said:
Marks said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Marks said:
I'm not in favour of homosexuality or anything, but the government really should just stay out of it. It's none of their damn business who marries who.

What do you mean by "not in favour"?

Isn't that like me saying I'm "not in favour" of coloured skin?

It just means I don't think homosexuality is natural and shouldn't be practiced by humans...but as I already said it's nobodies business who marries who. I'm kind of taking a Ron Paul stance on this. 

You can't compare skin colour to sexual preference. Not the same thing at all. 

Sorry but not believing that homosexuality is natural utterly moronic. It occurs frequently in nature and has been observed in a wide variety of species, hence calling homosexuality natural is a factual statement, not an opinion.

so does murder, "rape", and cannabalism.

Comments like these make me wish that this site had a block feature. It is disgusting to draw any kind of parallel between homosexuality and murder, rape or cannabalism.

Around the Network

I do so hope that Santorum pulls it out from under Romney. A landslide victory for Obama will be a sight to see, and he could very well discredit the party at large, weakening their positions in the house and senate.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

osamanobama said:
bouzane said:
Marks said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Marks said:
I'm not in favour of homosexuality or anything, but the government really should just stay out of it. It's none of their damn business who marries who.

It just means I don't think homosexuality is natural and shouldn't be practiced by humans...but as I already said it's nobodies business who marries who. I'm kind of taking a Ron Paul stance on this. 

Sorry but not believing that homosexuality is natural utterly moronic. It occurs frequently in nature and has been observed in a wide variety of species, hence calling homosexuality natural is a factual statement, not an opinion.

Why do you people always change arguments half way through?

Love and tolerate.

osamanobama said:
bouzane said:
Marks said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Marks said:

bravo for this arguement. All these things are very much natural, so we shouldn't look down on them

bouzane said:
osamanobama said:
bouzane said:
Marks said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Marks said:

Comments like these make me wish that this site had a block feature. It is disgusting to draw any kind of parallel between homosexuality and murder, rape or cannabalism.

my parallel is there are lots of things that happen in nature that are also "wrong"

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
bouzane said:
osamanobama said:
bouzane said:
Marks said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Marks said:

my parallel is there are lots of things that happen in nature that are also "wrong"

To claim that cannabilism is wrong and against nature is definatly wrong, plenty of species exhibit canabalistic nature as part of the survival of the specias as a whole.
Nothing in nature is "wrong". Only you perceive it to be wrong. Natural selection has and is working fine.

However... With that said... Society has made cannabalism wrong because we are a social species, we don't need it to survive and we have the capability to learn, adapt and understand. - However there are some cultures where cannabalism is actively practiced as a way of life and part of religious beliefs.

And no. I'm not condoning the act of cannabalism within the human race.

Homosexuality is very different, to group it with cannabalism is wrong. Homoesexuality does not provide any edge over other species in terms of survival, however... It's well known that more social species have a higher chance of having homosexual tendancies. That includes Dolphins, various species of monkeys and of course human beings.
However, one doesn't simple choose to be Gay or Lesbian, they are born that way, you can't just decide to stop being gay or lesbian like with cannabalism, you don't choose to be straight... Do you?
Yes you have a choice on whether to act on your feelings or not, but no one has the right to say: Hey. You're gay. You're never going to get laid or find love or we will shove you in jail.

Let people live the way they wan't to, the United States is supposed to set an example of a country where the people are FREE. Yet disallowing homosexual marriage is a contradiction to that statement. (Not to mention the additional discrimination.)
The United States hasn't ended due to same-sex marriage, Marriage also doesn't have to be religious either so the Religious have no need to stop it from happening.
If this is what is going to happen in the USA then I really do feel bad for the Gay and Lesbian populations, they already have the highest suicide rates due to discrimination and this will farther cement such statistics.

Common, we all bleed the same colour of blood, use some common sense and let people be who they were born to be.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

http://to-rim-with-tongue.tumblr.com/post/18783749852/legal-lolita Play the song its hilariously Perfect. Has some Strong Language btw.

bouzane said:
osamanobama said:
bouzane said:
Marks said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Marks said:

WOW I do agree with you 100% some people should be banned... i mean seriously... why should I wast emy time to discuss anything with this kind of mind... my only worries is that people like these are results of families like these and tehy will create families like these... SCRAYYYY WORLD!!!!

Switch!!!

He says he wants just "one marriage law", yet all 50 sates already have their own marriage laws. I do know for a fact that incestuous marriages are legal in Alabama and I believe that I once heard that someone as young as 14 could get married in Hawaii with parental consent. Does he plan to look at the various laws regarding marriage in all 50 states and make one federal law that overrides all those other laws, or is he just going after gays?

Also, I am not by any means a registered Republican, but if Santorum were a REAL Republican, he would believe that the federal government should stay out of everyone's personal business. Unfortunately, those kind of Republicans disappeared over 30 years ago and then the Neo-Cons who's beliefs contradict one another and make no sense came along. There is of course Ron Paul who stands out amongst other Republicans, but he's considered too "radical" to be President.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Interesting choice of words, I'd like to say 'Only in America' in this case, in the UK they'd be thrown out the competition and made to apologise (rightly so). Of course I'm sure there are other nations that would ban gay marriage but they'd never allow it to begin with.

USAian politics seems so out of real world scenarios when potential leaders are pitching to the masses. Here they tell you how they are going to lower taxes, help people, give you care. In the US it seems to be playing on a certain mass fear, "elect this guy and he'll ruin you, elect me and I'll save you." Ignoring real policies.

Well, that could just be the bits that are reported. :P

Hmm, pie.