By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Santorum will unmarry all gay couples if he's elected

I really don't understand how this guy is even close to the nomination let along beating the only good candidate the Republicans have which is Ron Paul. Just goes to show you that most Americans are fucking retarded. Thanks USA for giving me one more thing to be ashamed about.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
I really don't understand how this guy is even close to the nominations let along beatings the only good candidate the Republicans have which is Ron Paul. Just goes to show you that most Americans are fucking retarded. Thanks USA for giving me one more thing to be ashamed about.

Ron Paul doesn't exist (to the republican party) and they don't like Romney. Newt and Santorum are liked so both of them try to out "right" each other. 

green_sky said:

Ron Paul doesn't exist (to the republican party) and they don't like Romney. Newt and Santorum are liked so both of them try to out "right" each other. 

I've been watching the Daily Show lately after getting a 2 week Hulu Plus subscription for free (since I don't pay for overpriced cable) and I noticed that Jon Stewart fucking owns Fox News and the Republican candidates (mainly Romney and Santorum).  I love how he is mainly the only one (even in the "left wing" media) that actually shows the candidates lying about shit with previous clips.   I saw him skull fuck all the Fox News "reporters" the other day.

sethnintendo said:

I really don't understand how this guy is even close to the nomination let along beating the only good candidate the Republicans have which is Ron Paul. Just goes to show you that most Americans are fucking retarded. Thanks USA for giving me one more thing to be ashamed about.

To be fair, this is the primaries, which does not involve most Americans. Quite possibly not even most Republicans, though I have no data to back that up.

sethnintendo said:
green_sky said:

I've been watching the Daily Show lately after getting a 2 week Hulu Plus subscription for free (since I don't pay for overpriced cable) and I noticed that Jon Stewart fucking owns Fox News and the Republican candidates (mainly Romney and Santorum).  I love how he is mainly the only one (even in the "left wing" media) that actually shows the candidates lying about shit with previous clips.   I saw him skull fuck all the Fox News reporters the other day.

Yep yep. He has been doing the same for years. Used to even more fun under bush adminstration. US news is funny in how biased they are. MSNBC is fully democrat and FOX is just nuts. You can watch daily show at comedy central website legally since you live in US. :)

Around the Network

Well who is still surprised about Santorum ?
This is the guy that says Satan has his sights on America...( but gets offended when radical islamist call America the great Satan).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

sethnintendo said:
green_sky said:

I've been watching the Daily Show lately after getting a 2 week Hulu Plus subscription for free (since I don't pay for overpriced cable) and I noticed that Jon Stewart fucking owns Fox News and the Republican candidates (mainly Romney and Santorum).  I love how he is mainly the only one (even in the "left wing" media) that actually shows the candidates lying about shit with previous clips.   I saw him skull fuck all the Fox News "reporters" the other day.

Jon Stewart is a genius. I remember a sketch where he applied the same twisted logic that Fox News hosts use all the time but he just flipped it around and used it against the right wing point of view. It was hilarious, full of ridiculous arguments and really got the point across that these kinds of dishonest argumentation hold no value whatsoever. Also, the guy is not afraid of defending his point of view, he's been on Bill O'Reilly's show many times and totally held his own against Bill's attacks.

Signature goes here!

HappySqurriel said:
dany612 said:
HappySqurriel said:
dany612 said:
HappySqurriel said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I guess I used the wrong word for it. My point was though that being gay is not always something you choose, so punishing people who got born in a different way than others would be just like hating on people for being born black or white or whatever.

You get my point.

Even if it is not something you have direct control over, discrimination against people who are gay is still substantially different from discrimination against someone for race ...

We live in a society where people are expected to have control over their sexual predilections, and to only express them in private consensual and legal settings. While a paedophile may argue he has not choice except to be attracted to children, or a rapist may argue he has no control over being compelled to violently assault women, we expect them to have control over these sexual urges and not to express them because there is no legal consensual way they can express these attractions. We expect people to demonstrate restraint in when they express their attractions and with whom they express them; after all we don't have a BSDM pride week, and we wouldn't claim that someone should discuss what it means to be a Furry to young children.

In many ways it is completely fair to discriminate against many homosexuals (as it would be to discriminate against many heterosexuals) because they seem to have no ability to show restraint is when, where and with whom they express their sexuality with.

Being black is not a private portion of your life which you have discression over where you express it, it is something that people know the moment they see you.

So it's okay to compare homosexuality with paedophilia and rapists but it's not okay to compare homosexuality with race? First of all there is a big difference between homosexuality and the circumstanes of paedophilia and the acts of sexual assualt.  You are close minded on many social issues. There is a difference between being homosexual and acting out what appears to be homosexual. Any straight person can do something homosexual and that is probably something they have control over. A homosexual man, however, does not have the resistance from loving someone of the same gender. Homosexuality is science backed and is constantly investigated. They are not out killing or abusing anyone! When one crosses that line that is when you can juxtapose these two!

If you don't understand what I'm saying, maybe you should re-read it ...

All forms of sexual attraction (whether they're accepted by society or not) can be claimed to be driven by factors outside of the control of the individual; and people could claim to be "born that way" regardless of whether their sexuality is socially acceptable or not. Since we readily are willing to imprison people based on them acting on urges that they claim to have not control on being that they were "born that way" means that being born with particular preferences is entirely irrelevant to whether something should be considered discrimination.

In contrast, it is completely justified to say that what consenting adults do in private should not be a cause for discrimination because it is not the concern of anyone else. People should not be discriminated against regardless of who their partner is as long as they're legally allowed to consent; and what is publicly acceptable between heterosexual couples now should be acceptable to any two partners.

At the same time, what is unacceptable to heterosexual partners in public should also be unacceptable to homosexual partners in public. A gay man who flashes men is just as much of a sex offender as a man who flashes women; and a gay man giving another man a blow-job in public is just as much of an illegal lewd act as a woman giving a man a blow-job in public.

Public or private...my case is on your statement that disagree with homosexuality.

So your case is a statement I never made?

You did make it, I believe I saw it down yonder in the beginning of this thread. Either way LOVE PEACE to all people.

Pretty sure that would be struck down by the supreme court in a matter of like... 5 minutes.

Retroactive laws aren't highly thought of.

What a good, states rights, small government conservative. *scoff*

It seems "Conservative" now means "Christian Federalist" and "Liberal" now means "Everybody else"

Where have all the good, states rights, independent freedoms, fiscally responsible republicans gone? You know REAL conservatives. I guess Ron Paul is all that is left.

Monument Games, Inc.  Like us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/MonumentGames

Nintendo Netword ID: kanageddaamen

Monument Games, Inc President and Lead Designer
Featured Game: Shiftyx (Android) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.Shiftyx

Free ad supported version:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.ShiftyxFree